This is the perfect banana nut bread recipe with a topping of pecans and orange sugar glaze. The easy banana bread recipe freezes well and tastes perfect any time of year.
I can’t get enough of this banana nut bread. It’s such a treat and I eat it right out of the oven once it cools down a little. If I place it in the fridge, I’ll toast it later, add a bit of butter and eat it again.
It’s an easy recipe to make and believe me everyone will love it.
I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine (they sure know how to make amazing things over there) and adapted it a little bit, using less sugar, bananas, and pecans. But, I added more vanilla extract.
If you love pecans, you’ll love this pecan pie cobbler.
I’m going to go so far and say this is the best banana bread I’ve ever eaten. It’s so moist, flavorful, and sweet.
How to make banana bread:
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Add the softened butter and cream cheese to a large bowl.
- Next, add the sugar and cream the three ingredients together.
- Now, add the eggs, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture, a little bit at a time, to the bowl and mix until well blended.
- Pour half of the chopped pecans into the bowl and fold in.
- Now, pour the mixture into two 5″ x 9″ bread pans and sprinkle the remainder of the pecans on top.
- Bake for 75-minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. (If the top begins to brown too soon, place some tinfoil over the top of the bread until baking is complete).
- Allow to cool for about 20 minutes. Remove from cake pans.
- In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar, orange juice, and orange zest.
- Pour the orange glaze over the bread.
This is one of those recipes that you can make any time of year, but it’s perfect for giving away as gifts to teachers, neighbors, and friends. They will love this homemade bread recipe, for sure.
The moist banana bread recipes make two loaves, so you can either make half as much or freeze the second loaf if you don’t want to eat it right away.
Recipe and printable instructions for the best ever banana bread listed below
Start by adding the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to a medium-sized bowl. Mix it together with a fork and set aside.
Grab another large bowl and add the softened cream cheese and butter.
I say this all the time (because I forget all the time), but if you forgot to set the butter and cream cheese out to soften, don’t worry about it. You can spend a minute or so more mixing it with the mixer.
Next, pour the sugar into the bowl and cream everything together.
Add the eggs to the bowl.
Now, add the mashed bananas.
I let the bananas sit on the counter for a few days and they ripened pretty fast. Once they’re ripe, they mash easily.
Finally, add the vanilla extract to the bowl and mix everything together with the hand mixer.
Now, add about half of the flour and mix. Once you’ve mixed it in, pour in the rest and mix until well blended.
Add half of the chopped pecans to the bowl and fold into the mixture.
This is a great recipe for the fall season with the pecans and orange glaze. It’s a very comforting recipe.
Pour the cream cheese banana bread mixture into two greased 5″ x 9″ bread pans. Bake for 75-minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Check toward the end of the baking time to see if the top is getting too brown. If so, place a large piece of tinfoil over the top of the bread. I just laid it right on top and it kept the top from getting too brown.
For this recipe, I used one glass pan and one stone pan and they both baked the same.
Let the cake cool in the pans for about twenty minutes, then you can remove them and let them cool a few more minutes on top of a cooling rack while you make the glaze.
Orange Sugar Glaze
Start by adding the powdered sugar to a small bowl, along with the orange zest.
Next, pour the orange juice into the bowl and mix together.
If your glaze comes out a little too runny, just add more powdered sugar, and if it’s too thick, add more juice.
I had a juicy orange and was able to squeeze enough juice out for the glaze.
Pour the glaze onto the homemade banana bread.
The Best Banana Nut Bread Recipe with Pecans and Orange Sugar Glaze
Other delicious desserts:
- Easy and creamy chocolate chip party dip
- Chocolate chip cookie bars with toffee
- Pecan pie brownies
- Sweetened condensed milk chocolate pie
- Pecan pie cheesecake bars
Check out the banana nut bread with pecans recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start cooking! I love pecan recipes and I think you’ll love this one, too.
Then, share your comments below and click here to share a picture of your bread on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share with us.
Connect with Back To My Southern Roots
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans (reserve half for sprinkling over the top)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. orange zest, grated
- 3 Tbsp. orange juice
Preheat oven to 350-degrees and grease two 5" x 9" loaf pans. (If your pans are a little bit different in size, that is ok).
- In a medium-sized bowl add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix together and set aside.
- Grab another large bowl and add the softened butter and cream cheese.
- Next, add the sugar and cream together.
- Add the eggs, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract and mix together well.
- Now, add a little bit of the flour to the banana mixture and mix. Keep adding a little at a time until all of flour is mixed in.
- Sprinkle half of the pecans into the mixture and fold in.
- Pour into two 5" x 9" bread pans and sprinkle the rest of the pecans on top.
- Bake for 75-minutes (cover with tinfoil if the top begins to get too brown toward the end of the baking process).
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before removing bread from bread pans. Once cooled, the bread should slide out easily.
- Add the powdered sugar, orange juice, and orange zest to a small bowl.
- Mix together and pour over the warm banana bread.
This freezes well.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 415 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 60mg Sodium: 274mg Carbohydrates: 52g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 30g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g
More recipes you’ll love: