Move over chocolate brownies, there’s a new flavor in town!
Easy banana brownies with pecans are the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth while getting a dose of fruit at the same time.
Chocolate Banana Brownies
If you love chocolate and you love bananas, this is definitely going to be one of your new favorite recipes.
The chocolate banana brownies are moist, rich, decadent, and easy to make with just a hint of banana.
A Simple Recipe With Ripe Bananas
The brownies are made with just a few simple ingredients and come together in no time. Plus, they’re packed with pecans for an extra crunch and are an absolutely delicious recipe.
This is a great recipe to use up your bananas that have been sitting around a while.
So next time you’re in the mood for something sweet, give these banana brownies a try.
You can also add a little variety to the recipe and create some peanut butter banana brownies by adding 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter to the ingredients.
Either way, this is one of those easy recipes that you will want to make again and again.
Watch The Video!
Ingredients For Chocolate Banana Brownies
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped pecans
- Brownie mix (I used Ghirardelli Chocolate Supreme Brownie Mix)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Mashed banana
- Vegetable oil
- Chocolate syrup (if not included in the brownie mix)
Full recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
How To Make Chocolate Banana Brownies
- Mash the banana in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the brownie mixture and chocolate sauce into the bowl.
- Add the water, vegetable oil, and eggs and mix well.
- Next, add the chopped pecans and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Pour banana mixture into the baking pan and sprinkle a handful of pecans and chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes.
A Few Extra Tips For Making Brownies
- Don’t over mix. Once the batter is combined, pour it into the baking pan.
- Use parchment paper to line the pan to remove the brownies after they cool.
- You can double the recipe and bake it in a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan for a larger crowd.
Start by adding a banana to a large mixing bowl and mash it with a fork.
For this recipe, I used a ripe banana. You can use a ripe one or an overripe banana as either one will work.
Ripe bananas are always perfect for making banana bread or banana recipes.
Next, add the brownie mix and the chocolate syrup to the bowl.
If you don’t get the mix with the chocolate sauce, you can either add some chocolate sauce or another half of a banana to help make the brownies moist.
Pour the vegetable oil into the bowl.
Next, pour the water into the bowl.
Add the eggs and mix everything.
Add the chocolate chips to the bowl and mix with a spatula. (Save a small handful of extra chocolate chips to sprinkle on top).
Finally, add the pecans to the bowl and mix with a spatula. (Save a handful to sprinkle on top).
If you’re a bigger fan of walnuts, feel free to switch out the pecans for chopped walnuts.
Pour the banana brownie batter into a greased square baking dish and sprinkle the handful of pecans and chocolate chips on top of the batter.
I used an 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish for the recipe and sprayed it with non stick cooking spray.
You can use a 9-inch by 9-inch dish if that’s all you have.
If you want to be able to pull the brownies out easier after they bake, line the bottom of the pan and the sides with parchment paper or some aluminum foil.
Bake the brownies at 325-degrees for 45-55 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
For more fudgy brownies, remove them from the oven after about 40 minutes.
And, for more cake-like brownies, cook them for the full 45-55 minutes, and make sure the cake tester comes out clean.
If you don’t have a cake tester, you can use a toothpick or a thin butter knife.
You can sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top when you’re done, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
How To Store Chocolate Banana Brownies
The brownies can be stored in an airtight container, or cover with some plastic wrap and leave on the counter or in the refrigerator.
They will last a little longer in the refrigerator (if you don’t eat them all first).
Can You Freeze The Brownies?
Yes, you can store brownies in the freezer.
I would suggest allowing them to cool after they bake and then slicing each one. Wrap the brownies individually in plastic wrap and place in an airtight container.
The brownies will last two to three months in the freezer.
When you’re ready to eat them, take them out of the freezer and place them on a freezer-safe place on the counter to thaw.
Then, sprinkle some powdered sugar right on top.
More Delicious Brownie Recipes
- Chocolate fudge brownies – you will love these brownies with a layer of frosting right on top.
- Cream cheese brownies with pumpkin – when fall hits, these are the perfect treat with plenty of pumpkin and chocolate flavor.
- Homemade frosted brownies – moist delicious brownies with a creamy chocolate layer of frosting on top.
- Chocolate and peanut butter swirl brownies – chocolatey brownies with a few dollops of peanut butter for a creamy sweet treat.
- Chocolate brownies – if you want some good old fashioned homemade regular brownies, this is the recipe.
- Pecan pie brownies – these are a huge hit on the blog and the perfect addition to any holiday party.
- Healthy banana brownies – want something more nutritious but with tons of amazing flavor? Give these a try from Big Man’s World.
Recipes With Mashed Bananas
- Chocolate chip banana cookies – with just a touch of banana flavor, these cookies are delish.
- Banana nut bread with pecans – it may not be healthy banana bread, but it sure is good. You can whip up the banana bread batter and have it in the oven in no time.
- Mega moist banana bread – I got this recipe from a friend, and it’s one of our favorite recipes. It’s a great way to use up remaining bananas you have sitting around.
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy way to satisfy your sweet tooth, give these banana brownies with pecans a try.
They’re the perfect balance of chocolatey and nutty. Plus, you get an added bonus of some extra fruit in your diet! What could be better than that?
Go ahead and give this recipe a try – we promise you won’t regret it.
- 18.75 ounce box Ghirardelli Chocolate Supreme Brownie Mix
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans + handful to sprinkle on top
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips + handful to sprinkle on top
- Powdered sugar to sprinkle on top (optional)
Preheat oven to 325-degrees and grease a 8-inch by 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Add the banana to a large bowl and mash.
- Next, add the brownie mix and chocolate syrup.
- Add the vegetable oil, water, and eggs, and mix well.
- Finally, add the pecans and chocolate chips and combine.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Spread batter evenly and sprinkle a handful of chocolate chips and pecans on top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top (optional).
For more fudgy brownies, remove them from the oven around 45-minutes.
For more cake-like brownies, allow them to bake until the cake tester comes out clean.
If you don't get the Ghirardelli brownies with the packet of chocolate, add two tablespoons of chocolate syrup.
Use a square baking pan for the recipe to get moist chocolate banana brownies every time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 430Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 4gSugar: 36gProtein: 4g
Nutrition is approximate.