Chocolate and peanut butter swirl brownies are decadent, moist, chewy, and filled with rich chocolate chunks. The recipe is super simple to make and is very versatile.
The fudgy brownie features real creamy peanut butter, chocolate chips, and tons of chocolate flavor for one of the best brownie mixes.
An Easy Brownie Recipe For Peanut Butter Lovers
And the best part is that it isn’t hard to make, everyone will be wanting some–and there’s plenty to go around.
Brownies are always a safe bet when making desserts because almost everyone loves them. They are easy to make and turn out so sinfully delicious.
The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for them to cool and slice.
What Ingredients Do I Need For the Peanut Butter Brownie Recipe?
The recipe is such an easy one with basic ingredients that most of us already have in the house, so you might not even have to take a trip to the grocery store.
- Granulated sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Butter, melted
- Vanilla extract
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Peanut Butter
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
How Do I Make Peanut Butter Brownies?
- Start by sifting the all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa, and salt together. Set the bowl aside.
- Next, add the sugar and melted butter to a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, and mix well.
- Pour in the flour mixture and mix.
- In a small bowl, add the chocolate chips and one teaspoon of flour, and toss to coat the chips.
- Add the chocolate chips to the brownie batter and mix.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish.
- In another bowl melt the peanut butter in the microwave and pour over the brownie batter.
- Take a knife and run it through the batter.
- Bake for approximately 35-minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Step-By-Step Instructions For Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
Start by adding the flour, unsweetened cocoa, and salt to a sifter.
Sift the ingredients into a medium bowl and set it to the side.
You’ll be using this in a few steps.
In a large bowl, add the sugar.
Next, add the melted butter and mix the two ingredients.
Part of the reason you’re mixing the two ingredients together is that you’ll be adding eggs.
If you add eggs to the melted butter, you’ll cook them, so mixing the sugar first will help avoid that. (Speaking from experience-oops).
Vanilla extract is the next ingredient.
Add the eggs to the bowl, one at a time, and mix well.
Pour the flour and cocoa mixture into the bowl and mix well.
In a small bowl, add the chocolate chips and a tablespoon of flour. Toss the chocolate chips and then mix them into the batter.
OPTIONAL: You can use either chocolate chips or peanut butter chips for the step.
TIP: The flour will help keep the chocolate chips from sinking in the brownie batter.
Spoon chocolate batter into a 13″ x 9″ prepared pan and spread to the edges.
TIP: You can either grease the pan with non stick cooking spray or line the pan with parchment paper and when the brownies cool to room temperature after baking you can lift them right out. It’s the easiest way to get them out of the pan.
In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt the peanut butter in the microwave, for about 30-seconds, and pour over the top of the brownie batter.
Take a butter knife and run it through the brownie batter to give them a swirl effect.
OPTIONAL: If you are a chocoholic like me, you can take a small handful of chocolate chips and sprinkle them on the top of the brownies before baking.
OPTIONAL: Another option is to add some peanut butter cups, cut into pieces, right on top before baking.
Bake the brownies for 35 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
The gooey brownie and peanut butter flavor is out-of-this-world.
And, they taste great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream right on top.
If you love these peanut butter swirl brownies, try these desserts:
- Brownie mix cookies
- Lunch lady brownies
- Hello Dolly bars (7 layer bars)
- Snickers Brownies from Baked By An Introvert
More peanut butter desserts
- The best peanut butter pie
- Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- Peanut butter fudge with peanut butter chips
- Old fashioned peanut butter fudge
- Reese’s chocolate peanut butter dessert
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownie Recipe Card
Check out the peanut butter swirl brownie recipe below, grab those ingredients, and start baking! This is a delicious treat that everyone will love.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your brownies on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups of creamy peanut butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees and grease a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, and salt, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the sugar and melted butter and mix.
- Next, add the vanilla extract, and eggs, one at a time, and mix.
- Add the flour mixture and mix well.
- In a small bowl, add the chocolate chips and teaspoon of flour and toss. Add the chocolate chips to the batter and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish.
- In another bowl, add the peanut butter and melt in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Add more time, in increments of 10 seconds, if needed.
- Pour the peanut butter over the brownie batter and run a knife through to create the swirls.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool for about 30 minutes before slicing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 376mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 5g
Nutrition is approximate.