Easy fudgy peppermint chocolate brownies recipe is the perfect holiday treat and tastes so much better than the boxed mix.
The simple recipe with some simple ingredients creates a chewy brownie that everyone will love.
The Best Brownies For The Holiday Season
What Ingredients Do I Need For The Easy Peppermint Brownies?
- Melted butter
- Vegetable oil
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chocolate chips
- Peppermint candies or candy canes
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card. Nutritional information is listed below.
How To Make The Fudgy Brownies
- Grease a 9-inch x 13-inch pan and preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
- Next, sift the all-purpose flour, salt, and unsweetened flour and set to the side.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter, vegetable oil, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs and mix well.
- Next, add the sifted flour mixture and mix well.
- Add 3/4 of a cup of the chocolate chips and mix.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the greased baking dish and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy and the rest of the chocolate chips on top of the brownies.
- Bake for 40 minutes for fudgy brownies. If you would like more cake-like brownies, let the brownies bake for a little longer.
Other optional add-ins:
- Melt a little dark chocolate and drizzle it on the top of the brownies.
- Add a layer of chocolate frosting over the top and sprinkle the peppermints on top.
- Spread some cream cheese frosting over the top of the brownies and add the crushed peppermints on top.
- Add some Andes mint chocolate treats on the top of the brownies.
- For extra peppermint flavor, add one teaspoon of peppermint extract to the recipe.
- Sprinkle a little confectioners’ sugar over the top to add some holiday cheer.
Other brownie recipes:
- Chocolate caramel brownies have the same brownie base as this recipe and are incredibly decadent.
- Pecan pie brownies are wildly popular here on the blog. They are soooo rich and decadent.
- Delicious turtle brownies are oozing with caramel and pecans.
- Chocolate brownies from scratch are your go-to recipe for making the perfect brownies.
- Oreo brownies are a fun treat around the holidays or any time of year.
- Cream cheese brownies with pumpkin are perfect for the fall when you are craving lots of chocolate and pumpkin.
- Peanut butter swirl brownies are the perfect treat when you need that combination of two flavors.
- Brownie batter ice cream, from Cooking With Carlee, is a unique and delicious brownie treat.
Grab a medium bowl and add the flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt and sift. Set the bowl aside.
The cocoa is going to give it that delicious chocolate flavor.
Start by melting the butter and pouring it into a large bowl.
Next, add the vegetable oil to the bowl.
Add the brown sugar.
Pour the vanilla extract into the bowl and add the white sugar.
Next, add the eggs to the bowl and mix well.
Add the sifted dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix well.
Pour 3/4 of a cup of peppermint candy into the bowl and mix a little bit with a spatula.
For this easy brownie recipe, I had some candy canes and candy mints. I crushed both and added them to the brownie mixture.
It’s a great way to get rid of those leftover candy canes.
Pour the brownie mix into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the remainder of the chocolate chips on top, as well as the rest of the candy.
Save a few of the peppermints for adding to the top after the brownies bake because some of the mints will melt while baking.
Once the brownies come out of the oven, sprinkle a few peppermint candies or crushed candy canes on top and let them cool for at least one hour (The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for cooled brownies).
If you want more fudgy gooey brownies, you will bake them for about 40-minutes. If you like more cake-like brownies, add about 10 minutes or so to the baking time.
If you test with a cake tester or toothpick, it will come out clean when they are more cake-like.
You can leave them on the counter to cool or let the brownies chill in the fridge if you need to cut them soon.
I am never patient and start digging out a corner piece. There’s nothing tastier than a warm delicious peppermint brownie,
The brownies are fun to make with the whole family during holiday baking is and an absolute favorite around here.
How To Store The Brownies
Keep the brownies on the counter or in the fridge in an airtight container or use some plastic wrap.
If they aren’t eaten right away, they will last about five days.
Easy Fudgy Peppermint Chocolate Brownies Recipe
Check out the fudgy peppermint brownies recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start baking! This is a great dessert that is perfect for your sweet tooth.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your chocolate peppermint brownies on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 1 cup of butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups of white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp. of salt
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12 oz. of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of crushed/broken peppermint candies or candy canes
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees. Grease a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish,
- Sift the flour, salt, and unsweetened cocoa powder into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter, vegetable oil, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Next, add the sifted dry ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Add 3/4 of the candies to the bowl.
- Pour 3/4 of the chocolate chips into the batter and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the greased dish and top with the remainder of the chocolate chips and some of the peppermint candies.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Once you take the brownies out of the oven, sprinkle a few more candies on top.
- Allow the brownies to cool for at least one hour.
TIP: If you would like more fudgy brownies, simply use a cake tester or toothpick to check. If there is still a little bit of batter on the tester, they are fudgy. If you would like your brownies more cake-like, let them cook at least 10 minutes longer.
The cake tester or toothpick will come out clean when the brownies are more cake-like.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
Nutrition is approximate.