Oreo brownies are not only chocolatey, decadent, and an amazingly good dessert, but they are also super simple to make.
The outside of this brownie recipe is crunchy and sweet with pieces of Oreo cookies, and the inside is soft, chewy, and gooey.
Trust me, if you make this dessert, people will beg for more–it’s that good. And, we all love Oreo cookies.
Rich Oreo Brownie Recipe
There are so many things to love about this fudgy Oreo brownie recipe. Since we all love the traditional Oreo cookies, why not kick them up a notch and add them to a brownie?
The brownies are made from scratch and taste sooooo much better than a boxed mix.
What Ingredients Do You Need For Oreo Brownies?
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Oreo Cookies
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Oreo Brownies
- Add the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract to a large bowl and mix until creamy (it’s ok if you still have a few lumps in the butter).
- Next, add the eggs and mix.
- Pour the flour, unsweetened cocoa, and salt into the bowl and mix.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir them in.
- Take half of the Oreo Cookies and break them into four pieces each, add them to the brownie batter, and stir.
- Pour the brownie batter into the 9″ x 13″ greased baking dish and top with the remainder of the broken Oreo Cookies.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool for about 30 minutes before cutting.
Start by adding the butter to a large bowl.
Softened butter makes mixing a little easier, but if you are like me and forget to set it out to soften, it will work just fine right out of the fridge.
Next, pour the sugar into the bowl.
Pour the vanilla extract into the bowl and mix the ingredients until creamy.
It’s ok if the butter is still lumpy because you’ll be mixing the batter some more.
Add the eggs to the bowl and mix.
The next ingredients include flour, unsweetened cocoa, and salt. Mix everything again until well blended.
Finally, take ten of the Oreo Cookies and break them into about four pieces. Add them, as well as the chocolate chips, to the brownie batter and stir to combine.
I used a spatula for this last bit of mixing so I wouldn’t break the Oreo’s up more. But, if they do break more, that’s ok because they will still taste great.
Scoop the batter into the baking dish and top with the remainder of the Oreo Cookies.
I used a smaller dish for this recipe, and they came out pretty thick. I do love thick brownies, but I recommend baking it in the larger 9″ x 13″ dish.
Let the brownies cool for about half an hour and then dig in!
Don’t they look amazing?
Other decadent holiday desserts:
- Chocolate chess pie is a rich and creamy dessert for the holidays or any occasion.
- Chewy sugar cookies are the perfect gifts for friends, neighbors, and teachers.
- Sweetened condensed milk chocolate chip bars just scream holidays. They are decadent, rich, and you gotta love anything with sweetened condensed milk in it.
- Brownie mix cookies – are you ready to win the cookie exchange this year? This is the cookie that will have everyone begging for the recipe. And, it’s a winner.
- Praline pecans – these are easy, addictive, and oh-so-delish.
- Old fashioned peanut butter fudge – the holidays can’t start until you have a pan of this in front of you. It’s the bomb.
- Tiger butter fudge is not only beautiful, but super duper easy to make, and incredibly yummy.
- Raspberry Jello Salad is a traditional, colorful, and delicious dish for the holidays.
Oreo Brownie Recipe
Check out the recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start baking! This is a wonderful dessert and I think you’ll really love it.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your Oreo brownies on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 20 Oreo Cookies, broken into four pieces each
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees and grease a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Add the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix until creamy.
- Next, add the eggs and mix.
- Add the flour, unsweetened cocoa, and salt, and mix. The batter will be very thick.
- Take 10 of the Oreos and break each of them into four pieces. (Save the other 10 Oreos).
- Add the Oreos and the chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and spread it out.
- Take the rest of the Oreos and break them up into pieces and top the brownies.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 250mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 2gSugar: 39gProtein: 4g
Nutrition is approximate.