Easy Turtle Brownies
Y’all will love these easy turtle brownies because not only are they rich and decadent, they are covered in caramel.
There’s nothing better than the combination of pecans, chocolate, and caramel, all wrapped into one brownie.
I had a hard time putting down my fork after taking a bite. I took some of the brownies to a friend and her husband and his co-workers loved them.
You can rest assured that the brownies will always be a hit.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make The Caramel Chocolate Brownies?
- Melted butter
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped pecans
- Caramel topping
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How Do I Make Turtle Brownies?
- Sift the flour, cocoa, and salt together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla extract and mix.
- Next, add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and mix well.
- Toss the chocolate chips in a teaspoon of flour and add to the brownie batter.
- Pour the pecans into the mixture and mix.
- Spread the brownie batter in a 9″ x 13″ greased baking dish.
- Top with the remainder of the chocolate chips and pecans and bake at 350-degrees for about 35 minutes.
- When the brownies are done, poke about 25-30 holes in the brownies.
- Pour the caramel over the top, allowing it to run into the holes and over the top.
- Cool and serve the amazing turtle brownies.
How Do I Know When The Brownies Are Done Baking?
The best way to figure out if your brownies are done baking is to stick them with a cake tester or a thin knife. When the tester or the knife comes out clean, they are done baking.
If you like your brownies cakey, the cake tester will come out clean.
But, if you like the brownies gooier, there will be a tad of batter left on the cake tester when you pull it out.
Start by melting the butter and pour it into a large bowl.
For this recipe, I used my Kitchenaid mixer because you can add a lot of ingredients to the bowl and it does a great job of mixing.
But, you can use a hand mixer as well.
Next, add the granulated sugar and vanilla extract to the bowl.
Add the eggs, one at a time, while mixing.
In another bowl, sift the flour, unsweetened cocoa, and salt together. Then, pour the mixture into the mixture with butter and eggs and mix until well combined.
Next, add the chocolate chips to the bowl.
Before adding the chips, I will toss them in a little bit of flour to keep them from sinking to the bottom.
Finally, add the chopped pecans to the batter and mix well.
Spread the brownie batter into a 9″ x 13″ baking dish. Sprinkle more chocolate chips (without flour) and chopped pecans on top.
Bake for 35 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Next, you’re going to want to poke holes in the brownies so the caramel can run down and ooze into the brownies.
Don’t buy anything special to poke the holes. You can use the bottom of a wooden spoon, or a spatula, or something that is small enough to poke a hole.
I use the end of our knife sharpener and it worked perfectly. Save your money and get creative!
Open the jar of caramel and slowly pour it into the holes and over the top of the brownies.
I used a 14 oz. jar of Hershey’s caramel topping, and I wasn’t sure how thick it was going to be, so I was prepared to microwave it if possible, but it wasn’t terribly thick.
The jar of caramel poured easily and is the perfect size for this brownie recipe.
Once your brownies cool, they are ready to eat…unless you’re like me and can’t wait until they cool off.
Other desserts you will love:
- Butterscotch pie is a fabulous dessert that is creamy and smooth dessert.
- Chocolate Coca-Cola cake is a fun recipe that adds some flavor to the dessert table.
- German chocolate cake is a classic dessert that everyone will love, especially the homemade butter coconut frosting.
- Easy chocolate cream pie is just that–easy. It’s a wonderful pie for any occasion and it tastes so delish!
Delicious Turtle Brownies
Check out the recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start baking! This is a sweet and tasty dessert for any occasion.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your turtle brownies on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1-1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. flour to dust chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 14 oz. can caramel topping
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees and grease a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Sift the cocoa, flour, and salt and set them aside.
- Add the melted butter and sugar to a large bowl and mix.
- Next, add the vanilla extract and the eggs, one at a time until well combined.
- Pour the flour mixture into the bowl and mix well.
- Toss one cup of chocolate chips in one teaspoon of flour, pour them into the brownie batter, and mix.
- Next, add 1/2 cup of chopped pecans and mix well.
- Pour the brownie batter into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup chocolate chips (without flour) on top, as well as 1 cup chopped pecans.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- After baking, gently poke holes in the brownies.
- Pour the caramel over the top, working to get some into the holes.
- Cool and serve.
I used Hershey's caramel topping and it poured perfectly over the brownies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 374Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 519mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 2gSugar: 42gProtein: 4g
Nutrition is approximate.