Crock Pot Italian chicken is an incredibly easy dinner that you can literally dump ingredients into the pot and go about your business while it cooks. Let the Crock Pot do all the cooking.
A Delicious Italian Dish
The delicious Italian chicken dish was a hit at our house and it went a long way with a family of four (two of which are growing and eating a lot).
And, after everyone ate, we had some leftovers for the next night.
We grabbed a few of the Stuffed Garlic Knots from Pizza Hut and had quite a delicious meal along with our chicken and spaghetti noodles.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Slow Cooker Italian Chicken?
- Chicken breasts
- Golden mushroom soup
- Diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- Diced onions
- Italian seasonings
- Spaghetti noodles
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How Do I Make Italian Chicken?
- Add the cans of golden mushroom soup and cans of diced tomatoes to the Crock Pot.
- Next, add the onions, Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Place the chicken breasts into the cooker and cover with the tomato and mushroom soup mixture.
- Cook for seven hours.
- Shred the chicken and add the spaghetti noodles.
- Pour two cups of water into the Crock Pot and stir until all of the spaghetti noodles are covered.
- Replace the lid and cook for another 30 to 45 minutes, or until the noodles are cooked. Be sure to stir at least once in the final cooking time.
Start by adding the two cans of golden mushroom soup, as well as the cans of diced tomatoes.
Do not drain the liquid off of the cans of tomatoes. You will be using all of the contents of the cans.
I bought cans of diced tomatoes that also contained basil, garlic, and oregano for added flavor.
If you’d like to dice the tomatoes yourself and add fresh garlic, basil, and oregano you can do that, too.
Next, add the diced onions to the Crock Pot.
Add the Italian seasonings.
For this, I used a jar of Italian seasonings from the grocery store. Most Italian seasonings include oregano, thyme, basil, marjoram, rosemary, and sage.
Now, add the salt.
And, add the pepper. Once you’ve added the spices give everything a good stir.
Finally, add the chicken breasts to the slow cooker.
Cover the chicken with the soup ingredients so that it is fully immersed while it cooks.
Place the lid on top and set the timer for seven hours and cook the chicken on the low setting.
If you’re short on time, you can cook the chicken on high for four hours, but it will really be more tender if you can cook it on low.
Four chicken breasts were a good fit for us because there are four of us.
You can always add more, or cut the entire recipe in half if there are fewer people you need to feed.
Once the seven hours are up, remove the lid and shred the chicken. It should fall apart at this point and be very tender.
Finally, add the spaghetti noodles and two cups of water to the Crock Pot and stir well.
Be sure to mix the spaghetti noodles into the pot and try to separate them as much as possible, otherwise, they will stick together and be a big blob when done cooking (speaking from experience).
Make sure the noodles are covered with water. Replace the lid and cook for another 30-45 minutes, or until the noodles are done.
For this recipe, you can use any type of spaghetti noodles. I used pot-sized spaghetti noodles because they are already half the size of regular noodles.
They don’t work any better, but I like them because I don’t have to break them in half.
When I break spaghetti noodles in half they tend to fly all over the kitchen and I find noodles weeks later in really weird places.
If you don’t have any spaghetti noodles on hand, use some macaroni, ziti, or any type of noodle.
You will need to go back while cooking and stir the noodles at least once so they don’t stick together.
Once the noodles are done, it’s ready to eat.
Italian chicken is a great meal for the family, it’s a wonderful dish to take to a potluck or even an office party.
The Country Cook has a great recipe for the best cheesy garlic rolls that will go great with this Italian chicken recipe.
Crock Pot Italian Chicken
Check out the recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start cooking! This is a wonderful dinner recipe.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your Italian chicken recipe on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 -10.5 oz. cans golden mushroom condensed soup
- 2 - 15.5 oz. cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 tsp. Italian seasonings
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 lb. spaghetti noodles
- 2 cups water (toward the end)
- Grease the Crock Pot.
- Add the golden mushroom soup, diced tomatoes, diced onion, Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Next, add the chicken breasts and cover them with the tomato mixture.
- Replace the lid and cook for seven hours on low.
- After seven hours, shred the chicken, pour two cups of water into the Crock Pot, and add the spaghetti noodles.
- Stir the noodles to separate them and make sure they are under the liquid.
- Replace the lid and cook for at least 30-45 minutes, or until the noodles are done. (Be sure to stir the noodles at least once while cooking).
You can use spaghetti noodles, macaroni, ziti, or any type of noodle.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 577mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 25g
Nutrition is approximate.