Chicken and Biscuit Casserole is one of our favorite dinners around here. It only takes about ten minutes to get ready and into the oven and will feed a large family. The easy chicken casserole recipe is a hearty meal that everyone will love.
Chicken and biscuit casserole is a great meal to make for the family, especially when you have kids that eat a lot. I’ve got two teenage boys and they loved this dish, and we had plenty for everyone.
It’s such an easy dish and I love that I can change the type of veggies or soup mixture to give it a bit of a different flavor or keep it the same.
I used store-bought flaky buttermilk biscuit dough for the recipe, which shaved off some preparation time, but, you can make homemade buttermilk biscuits if you’d like to instead.
This is also a great dish to get those veggies in there easily, especially when you have little ones that don’t like veggies.What do I need to make chicken biscuit casserole?
- Large bowl
- Cream of chicken soup
- Cream of cheddar cheese soup
- Heavy cream
- Chicken broth
- Frozen or fresh veggies
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 8 count can of buttermilk biscuits
- 13″ x 9″ casserole dish
- Non-stick spray
How do I make this easy chicken casserole recipe?
- Add the cream of chicken and cheddar cheese soups to a large bowl.
- Next, add the heavy cream and chicken broth and stir everything together.
- Add the veggies, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Now, add the shredded cooked chicken breasts to the bowl and mix.
- Pour everything into a greased 13″ x 9″ casserole dish, cover with tinfoil, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Take the dish out of the oven, remove the tinfoil, and add the cut-up biscuits to the top. Return to the oven and bake another 13-15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and baked through.
Chicken and biscuit casserole recipe and printable instructions listed below
Begin by adding the cream of cheddar cheese soup to a large bowl.
Next, add the cream of chicken soup to the bowl.
Now, add the heavy cream and the chicken broth to the bowl.
And, add the veggies, salt, and pepper and stir everything together well.
I used frozen mixed vegetables for this recipe. You can use any type of veggies that you like for this recipe.
Add the shredded cooked chicken to the bowl and mix.
A friend asked how to get the chicken shredded like the picture above. I cooked the chicken ahead of time and shredded it with my KitchenAid mixer. You can also shred it with a hand mixer and it works like a charm.
Pour everything into a 13″ x 9″ greased casserole dish. Cover with tinfoil and bake for 25 minutes.
After 25 minutes, take the dish out of the oven, and remove the tinfoil. Cut up the biscuits into four pieces each and top the casserole. Return to the oven (without tinfoil) and bake for another 13-15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown and cooked through.
Other delicious meals:
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Gravy
- 5-Ingredient Ground Beef Casserole
- Jiffy Cheeseburger Casserole
- Chicken and Rice Crock Pot Casserole
- Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers
Check out the chicken and biscuit casserole recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start cooking! I love chicken casserole recipes and I think you’ll love this one, too.
Then, share your comments below and click here to share a picture of your dinner on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share with us.
Connect with Back To My Southern Roots
- 1 - 10.5 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1 - 10.5 oz. can cream of cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup mixed frozen vegetables
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees
- Grease a 13" x 9" casserole dish
- Add the cream of chicken soup and cheddar cheese soup to a large bowl.
- Next, add the heavy cream and chicken broth.
- Add the veggies, salt, and pepper and mix.
- Next, add the shredded chicken and stir together. (If it seems too thick, you can add a little bit more chicken broth).
- Pour into the casserole dish and spread out. Cover with tinfoil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and remove the tinfoil. Cut up each biscuit into four pieces and place on top of the casserole.
- Return to the oven and bake again for another 13-15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown and cooked through.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 122mg Sodium: 712mg Carbohydrates: 8g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 23g