Chicken and biscuit casserole is one of our favorite dinners around here. It only takes about ten minutes to get ready and into the oven and will feed a large family.
The easy chicken casserole recipe is a hearty meal that everyone will love. And, it’s a great way to get picky eaters to the table.
An Easy Weeknight Dinner
Chicken and biscuit casserole is a great meal to make for the family, especially when you have kids that eat a lot.
I’ve got two teenage boys, and they loved this dish, and we had plenty for everyone.
It’s perfect for busy nights when you need something quick and tasty on the table.
The easy dish is similar to chicken pot pie. I love that I can change the type of veggies or soup mixture to give it a bit of a different flavor.
I used store-bought flaky buttermilk biscuit dough for the recipe, which shaved off some preparation time, but you can make homemade buttermilk biscuits if you’d like to instead.
This is also a great dish to get those veggies in there easily, especially when you have little ones that don’t like veggies.
What Do I Need To Make Chicken Biscuit Casserole?
- Large bowl
- Cream of chicken soup
- Cream of cheddar cheese soup
- Heavy cream
- Chicken broth
- Frozen or fresh veggies
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 cooked skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 8 count can of buttermilk biscuits
- 13″ x 9″ casserole dish
- Non-stick spray
Full printable recipe card with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post.
How To Make The Easy Chicken Casserole Recipe
- Add the cream of chicken and cheddar cheese soups to a large bowl.
- Next, add the heavy cream and chicken broth and stir everything together.
- Add the veggies, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Now, add the shredded cooked chicken breasts to the bowl and mix.
- Pour the creamy chicken mixture into a greased 13″ x 9″ casserole dish, cover with tinfoil, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Take the dish out of the oven, remove the tinfoil, and add the cut-up biscuits to the top. Return to the oven and bake another 13-15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and baked through.
Begin by adding the cream of cheddar cheese soup to a large bowl.
Next, add the cream of chicken soup to the bowl.
The soups will help make a creamy sauce for the recipe.
You can also change things up on occasion by adding mushroom soup or celery soup instead of cheese and chicken.
Now, add the heavy cream and the chicken broth to the bowl.
Add the veggies, salt, and pepper, and stir everything together well.
I used frozen mixed vegetables for this recipe. You can use any type of veggies that you like for this recipe.
We love green beans, peas, corn, cooked carrots, frozen broccoli, or just about anything.
You can even add a small amount of diced onion to the recipe.
Add the shredded cooked chicken to the bowl and mix.
A friend asked how to get the chicken shredded like the picture above.
I cooked the chicken ahead of time and shredded it with my KitchenAid mixer. You can also shred it with a hand mixer, and it works like a charm.
You can also use leftover chicken for this recipe or buy a rotisserie chicken at the store and shred it.
Pour everything into a 13-inch by 9-inch greased casserole dish. Cover with tinfoil and bake for 25 minutes.
After 25 minutes, take the dish out of the oven, and remove the tinfoil.
Cut up the biscuits into four pieces each and top the casserole in a single layer.
Return to the oven (without tinfoil) and bake for another 13-15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown and cooked through.
The biscuit topping makes this taste so good. I used store bought flaky biscuits for the recipe and they taste so buttery and delicious.
You can even add some cheesy biscuits for added variety.
One 8-count can of biscuits was the perfect amount for the recipe. But, you can also get extra biscuits if you’d like to add a few more.
You can also make your own homemade biscuits and place them on top of the chicken mixture.
If you’re looking for the perfect biscuit recipe, check out these southern self-rising biscuits from Julia’s Simply Southern.
Once the meal cooks, you end up with a sort of chicken gravy with biscuits, and it’s out-of-this-world delicious. It’s perfect for those cold nights when you want something comforting to warm you up.
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes:
- Crock Pot Italian Chicken
- The best slow cooker cheesy chicken casserole
- The best baked chicken tenderloin recipes
- Easy crack chicken casserole recipe
More Classic Recipes
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Gravy
- 5-Ingredient Ground Beef Casserole
- Jiffy Cheeseburger Casserole
- Chicken and Rice Crock Pot Casserole
- Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers
So, what are you waiting for? Get the recipe and start cooking up this easy chicken casserole dish that your whole family will love. And, you’ll get them to the dinner table fast.
It’s hearty, filling, and best of all–an easy dinner recipe to make. We promise it won’t disappoint!
Check out the chicken and biscuit casserole recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start cooking this hearty dinner recipe! I love chicken casserole recipes and I think you’ll love this one, too.
Then, share your comments below and click here to share a picture of your dinner on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share with us.
- 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 10.5 ounce can cream of cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup mixed frozen vegetables
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 count can of biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees
- Grease a 13" x 9" casserole dish
- Add the cream of chicken soup and cheddar cheese soup to a large bowl.
- Next, add the heavy cream and chicken broth.
- Add the veggies, salt, and pepper and mix.
- Next, add the shredded chicken and stir together. (If it seems too thick, you can add a little bit more chicken broth).
- Pour into the casserole dish and spread out. Cover with tinfoil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and remove the tinfoil (careful, it's hot!). Cut up each biscuit into four pieces and place on top of the casserole.
- Return to the oven and bake again for another 13-15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown and cooked through.
If you don't have any heavy cream, you can use a half cup of milk instead.
For the chicken, you can cook it ahead of time, or buy a rotisserie chicken at the store and shred it.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 712mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 23g
Nutrition is approximate.
For more delicious recipes head on over to: