Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers might be one of the easiest chicken casseroles I’ve ever fixed. And, it has ingredients that I looooove–sour cream, butter, and Ritz Crackers.
I am all about trying to get supper on the table as fast as possible. We have church on Wednesday nights, school activities, and lots of running around.
So, at the end of the day, I am super tired and don’t always want to spend a lot of time preparing family meals. It does take about an hour to cook, but you don’t have to be in the kitchen more than about 5 minutes, and it’s one of the great comfort food recipes.
Ritz Cracker Chicken is perfect for taking five minutes to prepare.
Recipe and directions listed below.
Ritz Chicken Casserole
Crush the Ritz Crackers in a Ziplock bag and set aside. I used 1 sleeve of crackers and that was plenty.
Melt the butter and pour into a 9″ x 9″ casserole dish. Sprinkle half of the crushed Ritz Crackers over the top.
I could just about spoon it up like this and eat it. Who needs the chicken? Oh yeah, I gotta feed the family.
Next, place the chicken on top of the Ritz Crackers.
Mix the sour cream, condensed cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, salt, and pepper in a medium-sized bowl.
Spread over the chicken.
Pour the remainder of the Ritz Crackers on top of the chicken, and bake for one hour. If you have thick chicken breasts, you might need to cook a little longer. Thinner breasts can be cooked for approximately 45-55 minutes.
Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers
This supper is under $10!
Check out more delicious recipes at:
- 1 (8 Tbsp.) stick of butter (melted).
- 1 cup Ritz Cracker crumbs
- 3 chicken breasts
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 can (10 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Melt the butter and pour into the bottom of a 9" x 9" casserole dish.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the Ritz Crackers over the butter.
- Place the chicken breasts over the top
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the sour cream, condensed cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle the remaining Ritz Crackers over the top.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 607mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 22g
Nutrition is approximate.