Are you looking for an easy and delicious chicken casserole recipe?
Look no further than this crack chicken casserole.
It is quick to prepare and can please even the pickiest of eaters. Plus, it is perfect for busy people on the go.
So what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today!
Creamy Chicken Casserole
Creamy crack chicken casserole is an easy dinner recipe that can be made in a variety of ways.
It is a great option for those looking for something new to eat. It’s easy to make, and it tastes amazing.
The recipe is full of delicious flavors and is definitely comfort food that will become a family favorite.
This chicken recipe calls for a mix of ingredients that are sure to satisfy any appetite.
It’s not complex or time-consuming but still incredibly flavorful and satisfying with the addition of some traditional comfort food favorites like shredded cheese, ranch seasoning, and shredded chicken.
The aroma of freshly cooked chicken is something that will fill your home with comfort.
This tasty dish has it all: butter, Panko breadcrumbs for that crunchy texture, sour cream for a rich taste, and plenty more ingredients you love.
With only a handful of ingredients, you can have dinner on the table fast, so give this one a try tonight.
And, the best part? The easy prep means less time in front of the stovetop. You can disappear out of the kitchen while dinner cooks.
It’s perfect for those busy weeknights. It can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until you’re ready to cook it. Just leave off the butter and breadcrumbs and add those right before baking.
What Ingredients Are Needed For The Casserole Dish?
Full printable recipe card with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post.
I made this recipe for four people. If you don’t want to cook such a large portion, you can cut the recipe in half. Just use half of the measurements.
- Shredded cooked chicken
- Sour cream
- Ranch seasoning
- Cream of chicken soup
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Melted butter
- Cooked and crumbled bacon
How To Make The Cheesy Crack Chicken Casserole
- Shred the cooked chicken and add to a large bowl.
- Add the sour cream, cream of chicken soup, ranch seasoning, shredded cheese, and cooked crumbled bacon and mix well.
- Pour the chicken mixture into a greased prepared pan.
- Add the Panko breadcrumbs into another medium-sized bowl. Pour the butter over the breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Sprinkle over the chicken and bake uncovered for about 45 minutes, or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
Start by adding the shredded chicken to a large bowl.
If you are using four chicken breasts, you will need a large bowl.
I cooked my chicken earlier in the day and refrigerated it until I was ready to use it.
I baked the chicken for about an hour at 350 degrees. It turned out to be such tender chicken.
If you have some leftover chicken, this is a great way to use it up.
You can purchase a rotisserie chicken or use leftover rotisserie chicken for the recipe.
To shred it, I put it in my stand mixer and shredded it with the wire whip. It’s so much easier than standing there for 20 minutes pulling it apart by hand.
But make sure you break it into a few smaller pieces before adding it to the mixer. And be prepared because some of the chicken will fly out.
Next, add the cooked and crumbled bacon.
Crispy bacon tastes good with pretty much everything, doesn’t it?
Side note: Some readers have mentioned liking the recipe with half the amount of bacon.
Sprinkle the ranch seasoning into the bowl.
I buy the one-ounce packets of ranch seasoning and keep them in the pantry. One package is perfect for this recipe.
Next, add the cream of chicken soup and shredded cheddar cheese to the bowl and mix well.
Spread the chicken mixture into a 9-inch by 13-inch greased baking dish.
You can use butter or nonstick cooking spray to grease the pan.
Crunchy Topping For Easy Baked Crack Chicken
Add the Panko breadcrumbs to a medium-sized bowl.
If you want to switch things up now and again, you can use crumbled Ritz Crackers in place of Panko breadcrumbs.
If you decide to do that, just use the same measurements.
Melt butter and pour it into the bowl with the Panko. Mix the ingredients.
Sprinkle the Panko breadcrumbs over the top of the chicken mixture.
Bake for approximately 40 to 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
If you want to get the breadcrumbs extra toasty, you can turn on the broiler at the end for about five minutes.
Just be sure to keep an eye on the top, as the broiler can burn things fast (speaking from lots of experience burning things).
The crack chicken will be nice and golden brown when baked.
The easy recipe can be served immediately.
It is the best dinner recipe, and we love it around here. A chicken bacon ranch casserole is always going to be a hit, no matter where you serve it.
The recipe creates a delicious chicken dinner with creamy sauce, crispy bacon, ranch flavor, and crunchy Panko for a dinner you will want on your meal plan rotation.
I promise your taste buds (and the entire family) will thank you for making this delicious recipe.
You can change things now and again with a few simple ingredients. Here are some ideas:
- Colby Jack cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Minced garlic or garlic powder
- Cauliflower rice to mix in.
- Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
- Store-bought bacon bits
- Tater tots on top.
- Leftover turkey instead of chicken.
How To Store The Crack Chicken Casserole Recipe
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
You can reheat the delicious casserole in the microwave for about three minutes in a microwave-safe bowl.
Tips for Making the Best Crack Chicken Casserole
- Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts for a healthier option.
- Cook the bacon until it’s crispy and crumbly, which will add texture to the dish.
- Use freshly shredded cheddar cheese for the best flavor and texture. (Pre-shredded still tastes great, but fresh is always tastier).
- Add some of your favorite vegetables, such as peas, green beans, broccoli, or bell peppers, to make the dish even more nutritious.
- Serve the casserole with a side of garlic bread or a simple salad for a complete meal.
Is Crack Chicken Keto?
There are some recipes out there that are Keto friendly, but this recipe is not Keto.
Can Crack Chicken Be Frozen?
Yes, you can freeze crack chicken for up to two months in a freezer-safe container. Be sure to leave the breadcrumbs out of the recipe, as they do not freeze as well. You can add them when you thaw the recipe and get ready to cook it.
More Easy Casseroles For The Whole Family
People love casseroles at family gatherings, and here are a few more great ideas:
- The best slow cooker cheesy chicken casserole
- Ham and potato casserole
- Mexican ground beef casserole
- 13 easy baked corn casserole recipes
- Zucchini casserole
- Slow cooker crack chicken recipe from The Magical Slow Cooker
So, if you’re looking for a recipe that is both easy and delicious, this one might be the perfect fit!
There are so many different variations of chicken casserole recipes out there–but we think this one may just take the cake. And not to mention, it’s really quick and easy to make as well (just like most good recipes should be)!
I hope you enjoy this great recipe as much as we do. Seven easy ingredients? Check. Quick prep time? Gotcha covered. Deliciousness all around with every bite? Of course!
If any of these sounds like what your family needs in their lives or wants for dinner tonight, then please give the crack chicken casserole recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments below.
Be sure to let me know if you changed anything so we can try it, too.
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 10.5 ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 ounce package dry ranch seasoning
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 16 ounce package cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees and grease a 9-inch by 13-inch casserole baking dish.
- Add the shredded chicken, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, ranch seasoning, bacon crumbles, and shredded cheddar cheese to a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Spread into the baking dish.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the Panko breadcrumbs and melted butter and mix well.
- Sprinkle over the top of the chicken mixture and bake for 40 to 45-minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
TIP: You can switch out the breadcrumbs for crumbled Ritz Crackers.
Side note: Some readers have mentioned liking the recipe with half the amount of bacon.
If you have leftovers, you can keep them in an airtight container or cover them with plastic wrap and refrigerate them.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 740Total Fat: 51gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 187mgSodium: 1881mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 49g
Nutrition is approximate.
Hi there! I’m Julie Pollitt from ‘Back To My Southern Roots.’ My love for cooking started way back on my grandparents’ farm in Tennessee. Those sunny days, the smell of biscuits in the oven, and all the family fun really sparked my passion for cooking. On my blog, I share more than just recipes – they’re like stories from my life, full of Southern warmth and homey goodness. The best part? Whether you’re just starting out or you’re a kitchen pro, you’ll find my recipes super easy to whip up. So, come on, pull up a chair, and let’s make some delicious memories!