The best peanut butter pie recipe is a decadent dessert that is the perfect combination of creamy and crunchy textures made with simple ingredients.
The easy peanut butter pie is a great recipe for the holidays or any time of year for all those peanut butter lovers.
Peanut Butter Pie Without Cream Cheese
A lot of pies are made with cream cheese, but for this recipe, we went without cream cheese. It’s still rich, creamy, and gooey and tastes wonderful.
Alternate Pie Crust Options
You can either used a prepared crust or make your own pie crust for this recipe. And, all of the choices below are easy to make.
- Oreo crust – you can either purchase a pre-made Oreo crust or crush up Oreo cookies into a fine crumb texture, add some butter, and press into a 9-inch pie dish.
- Sugar Spun Run has a great recipe for an easy Oreo crust.
- Chocolate crust – The Spruce Eats has a wonderful recipe for flaky and tender chocolate pie crust.
- Graham cracker crumbs make a flavorful pie crust. To make your own graham cracker crust, crush about eight crackers (2 cups) into fine crumbs and add 1/2 cup of melted butter, and two tablespoons of white sugar. Mix the ingredients and press into a 9-inch pie pan.
- You can crush the graham crackers in a food processor or a baggie.
- Or purchase a prepared graham cracker crust.
What Ingredients Are Needed For The Peanut Butter Pie Recipe?
- Creamy peanut butter
- Light corn syrup
- Pie crust
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card. Nutritional information is listed below.
How To Make The Pie
- If your pie crust is frozen, set it out at least 20 minutes before adding the ingredients to the shell.
- In a large bowl, add the sugar, beaten eggs, salt, light corn syrup, and creamy peanut butter and mix well.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the pie shell and bake for at least one hour. Cover with a pie shield while baking.
- Allow the pie to cool for at least one to two hours.
Grab a large mixing bowl and add the sugar, salt, and beaten eggs.
Next, pour the light corn syrup into the bowl.
Add the creamy peanut butter.
Mix the ingredients with an electric mixer.
You can either use a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
Pour the peanut butter mixture into a prepared pie crust. Bake for one hour and then let the pie cool on the counter for one to two hours to set up.
The top will bake up nice and crunchy crispy and the inside will be gooey and delicious.
The recipe calls for a deep-dish frozen 9-inch pie crust. Make sure you set the crust out to thaw before adding the filling.
It takes about 20 minutes for the pie crust to thaw.
TIP: The edges of the crust can burn while the pie cooks, so I used a pie shield to keep that from happening. I kept it on the entire time it cooked.
If you don’t have a pie shield, take some tin foil and gently place it around the edges of the pie and that will help keep it from burning.
TIP: I always bake my pies on a cookie sheet covered in tin foil so if it happens to bubble over I don’t have a big mess in the oven. And, you can simply take the tin foil off of the cookie sheet and you don’t have any extra dishes.
Does The Peanut Butter Pie Recipe Need To Be Refrigerated?
It does not need to be refrigerated, but I did keep mine in the refrigerator because it keeps the pie firm.
Keep the pie in a sealed container. I have a Tupperware pie container that I bought at a second-hand store that works perfectly.
Plus, it’s sturdy enough that if something is set on top of it, the pie won’t be crushed.
Toppings For The Pie
- Cool Whip – this is an easy and delicious addition to the pie.
- Make some homemade whipped cream topping with heavy whipping cream and sugar.
- Make some chocolate ganache and top the pie.
- Sprinkle a few chocolate chips over the top of the Cool Whip.
- Drizzle some chocolate syrup over the top.
- Add a bit of color with some Reese’s Pieces.
- Drop a few chopped peanuts on top of your homemade whipped cream for a little added crunch.
- Caramel sauce is a great way to add some more sweetness to the dessert.
- A drizzle of peanut butter right along with the chocolate syrup will create an elegant dessert. Simply melt the peanut butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds to make it easy to pour.
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream topped with crumbled Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- Sprinkle a little bit of powdered sugar on top.
Other peanut butter desserts:
- Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- Old fashioned fudge recipe with peanut butter
- Peanut butter fudge to die for
- Reese’s peanut butter fudge
- Peanut butter swirl brownies
- Crunchy peanut butter fudge
- Reese’s peanut butter lush dessert
The Best Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
Check out the delicious pie recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start baking! This is a great dessert that features a crunchy top and a creamy texture on the inside, and it’s a favorite.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your easy dessert recipe on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 2/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 9-inch pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees. Line a cookie sheet with tin foil.
- In a large bowl, add the sugar, salt, beaten eggs, light corn syrup, and peanut butter and mix well with an electric mixer.
- Pour into a prepared crust.
- Place pie on the cookie sheet. Place a pie shield or tin foil on the edges of the pie.
- Bake for 55 minutes and remove from the oven. Allow the pie to sit on the counter, or on top of a cool stove for two hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.