You don’t need a special occasion, only a chocolate craving, to make this delicious chocolate pudding pie!
Buttery graham cracker crust with a chocolate pudding filling that’s topped with whipped cream is the ultimate easy dessert made with simple ingredients.
One of the Easiest Chocolate Desserts
Chocolate pie with graham cracker crust really is one of the easiest chocolate desserts.
There’s no baking required, just the desire for something utterly indulgent and chocolatey. It’s a pure classic dessert, one that will have everyone scraping up every last bit!
The recipe is good enough for the holidays or any time in between.
However, it’s a pie that is a little more messy than most. It works better eating it out of a bowl than on a plate. Regardless, it’s absolutely divine.
Easy Chocolate Cream Pie – The Perfect Dessert!
If you’ve been following my blog for a while, then you know exactly how big of a chocoholic I am. I can’t resist it, so I have stopped bothering to try.
Naturally, when my kids want something chocolatey, or we’re having friends or family come over, or even when there’s an event at our church, 9 times out of 10, I’m going with something chocolatey.
Ingredients For Chocolate Pudding Pie
- Store-bought graham cracker crust
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Whole milk
- Vanilla extract
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How to Make This Easy Chocolate Pudding Pie Recipe
Seriously, this chocolate dessert could not be any easier. You simply make your homemade graham cracker crust (or go with a store-bought one to save time) and fill it with the pudding mixture. Top it with whipped topping and chill.
Start by gathering your ingredients.
Add the unsweetened cocoa, cornstarch, salt, and sugar to a medium saucepan and whisk.
Pour the milk in slowly, whisking as you pour it into the dry ingredients. Keep whisking to get the lumps out.
Cook on medium heat, whisking often, until it boils. Boil for about two minutes while you whisk.
Remove from heat, add the butter and vanilla extract, and whisk.
Pour into the graham cracker crust and let it set up overnight in the refrigerator.
The next day, top with homemade whipped cream and serve.
For a fancier look, you can make chocolate shavings. Just use a potato peeler on a Hershey’s chocolate bar, and you’ll have gorgeous chocolate curls to decorate your pie.
Want to make it even more chocolatey? You can use an Oreo crust instead.
I love doing it that way, too, though there is something about that buttery graham cracker crust that provides the ultimate contrast in flavors.
For this recipe, you can use homemade whipped cream or store-bought Cool Whip.
With a few simple ingredients, you can make homemade crusts. Here are a few ideas.
- Graham cracker pie crust with graham crackers and melted butter.
- Oreo cookie crust with crushed Oreos and melted butter.
- Make a homemade pie crust with shortening and butter.
More Favorite Desserts
- Classic pumpkin pie – this is definitely one of our favorite desserts for the holidays.
- Chocolate pie recipe – this is a traditional homemade chocolate pie that people have been making for generations.
- Coconut cream pie – this is honestly one of my favorite pies, and if I could, I’d probably eat the whole pie on my own.
- Key lime pie from Insanely Good Recipes is made with just a few but insanely delicious ingredients.
Easy Chocolate Pudding Pie With Graham Cracker Crust
True chocolate addicts will not want to miss a bite of this heavenly chocolate pudding pie. It is one of those desserts that everyone loves, and it’s so easy to make.
If you don’t feel like baking or are new to making pies, this is an excellent first-time recipe to start with because it’s failproof and gets rave reviews.
And I bet the delicious dessert for chocolate lovers will become a family favorite.
- Store-bought graham cracker crust
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 4 cups of whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt to a medium saucepan and whisk to combine.
- Pour the milk in slowly, whisking as you pour it in. Keep whisking to get the lumps out.
- Cook on medium heat, whisking often, until it boils.
- Boil for about two minutes while you whisk.
- Remove from heat, add the butter and vanilla extract and whisk.
- Pour into the graham cracker crust and let it set up overnight in the refrigerator.
- The next day, top with homemade whipped cream.
The pie will not slice cleanly. It will be a little bit more of a messy pie that is best served in a bowl.
You can store the pie in an airtight container. Keep the pie refrigerated.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 348Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 316mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 1gSugar: 35gProtein: 6g
Nutrition is approximate.
Hi there! I’m Julie Pollitt from ‘Back To My Southern Roots.’ My love for cooking started way back on my grandparents’ farm in Tennessee. Those sunny days, the smell of biscuits in the oven, and all the family fun really sparked my passion for cooking. On my blog, I share more than just recipes – they’re like stories from my life, full of Southern warmth and homey goodness. The best part? Whether you’re just starting out or you’re a kitchen pro, you’ll find my recipes super easy to whip up. So, come on, pull up a chair, and let’s make some delicious memories!