There’s something magical about transforming holiday leftovers into a whole new meal, especially when it involves an easy recipe like these Ham and Cranberry Sliders.
Ideal for game days, casual gatherings, or just a family dinner, these sliders are such a great way to use up leftover ham or turkey and cranberry sauce.
Easy Ham Dinner Rolls
And the best part? They’re incredibly easy to make with simple ingredients you likely have in your pantry!
This recipe is super simple: dinner rolls, ham, cheese, and cranberry sauce. You can add some butter seasoning on top or leave it as-is.
Ingredients: A Perfect Blend of Sweet and Savory
- Sweet Hawaiian Rolls: The foundation of our sliders, these rolls are the perfect size, offering a delightful sweetness. You can also make some dinner rolls at home and use those.
- Large Slices of Leftover Ham or Turkey: A great way to repurpose leftover Thanksgiving turkey or ham into a delicious new dish. You can also use turkey or deli ham.
- Cranberry Sauce: Whether it’s leftover cranberry sauce or a quick grab from the grocery store, its tartness beautifully complements the savory meat.
- Swiss Cheese: Adds a creamy, melty layer. You can also experiment with Havarti, Brie, or your favorite cheese for extra flavor.
- Unsalted Butter and Poppy Seeds: For that golden brown, slightly crunchy top roll.
- Brown Sugar and Dijon Mustard: These add a hint of sweetness and tanginess to the butter mixture, enhancing the overall flavor.
A printable recipe card with measurements and instructions is at the bottom of the post.
Preparation: Quick and Easy
Preheat and Prep: Start by preheating your oven to 375°F and prepping your baking pan with non-stick spray.
Slice the Rolls: Carefully slice the Hawaiian rolls horizontally so you have a top and bottom half, setting the top half aside. Spread the cranberry sauce on top.
Assemble the Sliders: Next, add layers of ham or turkey and top with cheese slices. Then, cap it off with the top half of the rolls.
The Butter Mixture: In a small bowl, melt unsalted butter and brush over the tops of the rolls.
Sprinkle the brown sugar and poppy seeds over the top.
Bake to Perfection: Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tops are golden brown.
Tips and Variations
- Leftover Turkey Sliders: Substitute ham with leftover Thanksgiving turkey for a delightful variation.
- Cheese Options: Experiment with different cheeses like Havarti or Brie cheese for a different taste.
- Extra Flavor: Add Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, or Dijon mustard to the butter mixture for an additional flavor kick. Try some sesame seeds instead of poppy seeds.
- Serving and Storage: These sliders are best served warm. If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container to keep them fresh.
Why These Sliders Stand Out
Unlike many slider recipes, these ham and cranberry sliders offer a unique balance of flavors – the sweet Hawaiian rolls, the tart cranberry sauce, and the savory ham or turkey create a mouthwatering combination.
They are not only a perfect party food but also a fantastic way to repurpose holiday leftovers into a delicious, easy-to-make dish.
Dishes to Serve With Cranberry Ham Sliders
- Mashed potato cakes – take those leftover mashed potatoes and make some fried cakes.
- Coleslaw – the sliders are perfect for winter or summer meals, so add some coleslaw to the side.
- Potato wedges – nothing like good old-fashioned French fries.
- Potato Salad: A creamy and hearty side, potato salad goes great with the savory flavors of sliders.
- Pickles and Olives: Offer a variety of pickles and olives for a tangy, salty side.
- Baked Beans: A classic barbecue side from Insanely Good Recipes. The baked beans complement the meaty sliders with their sweet and smoky flavor.
- Mac and Cheese: For a comfort food twist, serve creamy mac and cheese as a rich and indulgent side.
These Ham and Cranberry Sliders are a testament to turning simple ingredients into a meal that’s both satisfying and easy. Whether you’re hosting a party or looking for a delicious way to use up those holiday leftovers, these sliders are sure to impress.
So, grab that leftover ham or turkey, and let’s turn it into something amazing!
- 1 pack (12) Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 12 large slices leftover ham or turkey
- 1/2 to 1 cup of canned cranberry sauce (depending on how much you'd like).
- 12 slices Swiss cheese
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 and prepare a 9x13-inch baking sheet or dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a bread knife, carefully cut the Hawaiian rolls into a top and bottom half, cutting in the middle of the rolls around all four sides. Place the top portion to the side.
- Spread the cranberry sauce evenly across the bottom portion of the rolls.
- Layer ham slices over the cranberry layer.
- Top with Swiss cheese slices and the top portion of the rolls.
- Using a silicone brush, brush melted butter over the tops of the rolls.
- Immediately sprinkle the top with brown sugar and poppy seeds.
- Place inside the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese fully melts.
- Best served warm.
- Deli ham or leftover ham slices can be used in this recipe.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 207mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 13g
Nutrition is approximate.
Hi there! I’m Julie Pollitt from ‘Back To My Southern Roots.’ My love for cooking started way back on my grandparents’ farm in Tennessee. Those sunny days, the smell of biscuits in the oven, and all the family fun really sparked my passion for cooking. On my blog, I share more than just recipes – they’re like stories from my life, full of Southern warmth and homey goodness. The best part? Whether you’re just starting out or you’re a kitchen pro, you’ll find my recipes super easy to whip up. So, come on, pull up a chair, and let’s make some delicious memories!