Chicken Alfredo Pasta Recipe is an easy meal that will feed and fill-up your entire family. You can make the chicken dinner ahead of time and bake it in less than 30 minutes. This is one of my kid’s favorite chicken meals.
I always say that I love easy meals and this is one of them. I really like to cook, but I don’t want to be in the kitchen for too long. The kids have homework, chores to do, and now we’re planning to walk in the evenings. So, getting dinner on the table needs to be an easy task.
I like this chicken recipe because you can make some of it ahead of time and put it together right before it needs to go in the oven.
I baked the chicken while the kids were at school, that way it would be done and I could help with other things that need attention.
You can also purchase a rotisserie chicken at the store if you’re short on time.
Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake
- Add the shredded cooked chicken, Alfredo sauce, and ranch dressing to a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the top and mix everything together.
- Spread into a casserole dish.
- Spread the mozzarella cheese and crumbled bacon over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes until cheese is bubbly and starts to turn golden brown.
Shredding the Chicken
Instead of taking the time to shred the chicken with forks, I saw something on Pinterest where you could shred the chicken in your Kitchenaid Mixer. How cool and easy!
Once the chicken baked, I dropped the breasts into the Kitchenaid Mixer bowl. The mixer shredded the chicken perfectly. I put it all into a container, put it in the fridge, and left it there until I was ready to use it later that night.
Recipe and Printable Instructions Listed Below
How To Make Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake
Boil the pasta according to the package directions.
For this recipe, I used penne pasta because that’s what I happened to have on hand. You can really use any kind of pasta that you like, such as fettuccini, penne, rigatoni, macaroni, or even spaghetti noodles.
Pasta is such a great inexpensive dish to fix. If you have an eater in your house, such as hungry kids, pasta is going to be more filling in addition to the chicken.
Once the noodles are done, drain them.
Add the drained noodles to a large bowl.
Next, add the shredded chicken to the bowl. Since I made the chicken earlier in the day, it was cold from being in the fridge, and that’s fine. It will heat up when you bake it in the oven.
Pour the Alfredo Sauce into the bowl.
Next, add the ranch dressing. You can use any type of ranch dressing that you like, but for this recipe, I used Ken’s Chef’s Reserve Farmhouse Ranch with Buttermilk. I am tellin’ ya, it’s good stuff. I’m not always a fan of ranch dressing, but this one is delicious.
We use the heck out of Ken’s because it’s perfect for dipping fries, fish sticks, and putting in a chicken pasta bake.
Sprinkle the salt and pepper on top and mix everything together well.
Spread the Chicken Alfredo Pasta Recipe into a large 13″ x 9″ greased casserole dish.
Finally, sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese and bacon bits on top of the Chicken Alfredo Pasta Recipe before sticking it into the oven.
You can also shave off a little prep time if you buy real bacon bits. I microwaved the bacon for this recipe, but bacon bits work just as well.
Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and starting to turn golden.
If you’re not a big mozzarella cheese fan, you can always use cheddar cheese, if you’d like. This is a pretty versatile recipe that you can switch out a few things such as the cheese, pasta type, and ranch dressing.
- 16. oz. penne pasta (cooked and drained)
- 3 cooked chicken breasts (shredded)
- 15 oz. Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 6 slices cooked bacon (crumbled)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Add the shredded chicken, Alfredo sauce, and ranch dressing to a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper on top. Mix everything together well.
- Spread into a 13" x 9" greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and bacon crumbles on top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Duralex 100009 Made In France Lys Stackable 9-Piece Bowl Set
- Pampered Chef Mix N Scraper #1657
- Pyrex Basics 3 Quart Glass Oblong Baking Dish with Red Plastic Lid -13.2 INCH x 8.9inch x 2 inch
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 302 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 71mg Sodium: 533mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 17g
Other foods you might enjoy
Oven Baked Potato Wedges
Pound Cake with a Cream Cheese Frosting