I’m always on the lookout for easy meals to cook for dinner, and Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce made it happen for me. I tend to buy meats that are on sale, and chicken and ground beef seem to always have the lowest prices, so that’s what we end up eating a lot of during the week.
The only problem with buying so much ground beef and chicken is that everyone gets tired of the same old, same old. Believe me, I hear about it.
Adding some BBQ sauce is a great way to add a spin on the everyday. I grabbed a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Barbecue Sauce, some chicken breasts, butter, water, and a slow-cooker. And in a few short hours, we had some easy chicken barbecue sandwiches.
It’s a simple recipe that you can make while you’re at the ballgame, school, or work. Once you get home, it’s ready to go.
This meal costs approximately $10.00
Easy Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Chicken goes great with:
- 28 oz. bottle Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Barbecue Sauce
- 1 stick butter
- 4 cups water
- 4 chicken breasts
- Add the chicken breasts to the slow-cooker.
- Pour the water into the slow-cooker.
- Add the butter to the slow-cooker.Pour 14 oz. of the barbecue sauce over the chicken.
- Set the cooker for 6 hours on medium heat.
- Once the timer goes off, remove the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and shred it with a fork.
- Pour the remainder of the barbecue sauce over the chicken and stir to coat. (If you want a smaller amount of barbecue sauce, add the amount you desire).
- If the chicken has cooled off, pop it in the microwave for a minute.
Eat it alone or on a toasted bun with a side of corn and fries.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 509Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 188mgCarbohydrates: 84gFiber: 0gSugar: 83gProtein: 19g
Nutrition is approximate.