5-Ingredient Ground Beef Casserole is a budget-friendly and easy dinner recipe for the entire family.
The casserole recipe is pure comfort food.
An Easy Casserole For The Family
With five ingredients, your dinner will be ready in a little more than an hour. Plus, this feeds our family of four and we still have leftovers.
5-Ingredient ground beef casserole is one of those main dishes that even the pickiest eaters will love.
This dish is a huge hit around our house and the kids ask for it all the time.
I will usually make the entire recipe and split it into two containers and freeze one for later.
The Best Ground Beef Casserole
I love easy casserole recipes and they seem to make life a little less stressful and of course, always taste delicious.
With ground beef, potatoes, cheese, and soups, you can’t go wrong with this meal.
The kids are at two different schools on two different sides of town, so I spend a lot of time driving to car circles, sitting in car circles, and then driving to after school activities, which doesn’t leave a lot of time for cooking meals.
So, anytime I can get a casserole going, it allows me to relax a little at the end of the busy day and dinner becomes an easy task.
Other casserole ideas:
- Jiffy Cheeseburger Casserole is a simple and inexpensive dish to make for the family, and it’s always a hit around here.
- Chicken and Rice Crock Pot Casserole is perfect for those busier days when you don’t have time to cook, but want the family to eat something healthy.
- Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers is a mouthwatering delicious meal for the family.
Full printable recipe with ingredients, measurements, and instructions listed at the bottom of the post on the recipe card.
What Do I Need to Make the Best Ground Beef Casserole?
- 13″ x 9″ casserole dish
- Non-stick spray
- Large mixing bowl
- Ground beef
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Cream of cheddar cheese soup
- Cubed potatoes (I used frozen)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
How To Make Ground Beef Casserole
Start by cooking the ground beef. Drain the grease and add it to a large bowl.
You’re going to need a large bowl to mix up this ground beef meal. It’s a lot and it will feed a lot of people, in fact, I have two teenage boys that eat quite a bit, and we had leftovers.
I think we all had a couple of servings, too.
You can cook the beef ahead of time and store it in the fridge for a couple of days, or stick it in the freezer until you’re ready for it.
It’s handy to have several bags of cooked meat to be able to pull out of the freezer, thaw it out, and have it ready for the casserole.
I buy my meat at the Fresh Market on sale days. They have a sale on chicken and ground beef and I always try to stock up each week.
It saves us quite a bit of money over the course of a year and, I love their ground beef.
For this recipe, I used two pounds of ground beef. But, you can use less than that, as well.
Secondly, add the cream of mushroom soup to the bowl.
Thirdly, add the cream of cheddar cheese soup to a bowl.
I make several dishes with the combination of the two soups and they always work great and add a ton of flavor to ground beef, chicken, tuna, or pork casseroles.
Plus, they are inexpensive and budget-friendly meals.
Next, add the cubed potatoes to the bowl.
I used frozen cubed potatoes because it’s just so much easier than chopping up a bunch of potatoes.
You need three cups of cubed potatoes, so you can cut up some potatoes, boil them and add them to the casserole, or add the frozen ones.
The frozen potatoes come out just as delicious. You can also use hash browned potatoes if you have a bag of those in your freezer.
Pile the shredded cheddar cheese right on top. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and give everything a good stir.
Finally, pour everything into a greased 9″ x 13″ casserole dish and spread it out. Sprinkle the remainder of the shredded cheese on top and cover with tin foil.
You’ll be baking the dish for half an hour with the tin foil and half an hour without the tin foil, so the cheese will bake on top toward the end.
Baked 5-Ingredient Ground Beef Casserole
This is one of the best ground beef casserole recipes out there. It’s so simple to make and costs less than 10 dollars.
You can add diced onions or green peppers if you’d like, or even add different cream soups to the mix.
What Is Ground Beef Casserole?
Ground beef casserole is usually a combination of cheese, potatoes or rice, and meat. Most casserole recipes are easy to make, are hearty, and will feed six to eight people.
What Is The Best Way To Cook Ground Beef?
Cooking ground beef in the skillet on top of the stove is an easy and great way to make dinner. You can cook the ground beef for your meal, or place it in an airtight container and refrigerate it for when you’re ready to use it.
Can I Make Ground Beef Casserole With Lean Meat?
Yes, you can make the recipe with lean ground beef or ground turkey.
What To Serve With Ground Beef Casserole
- Moist Jiffy Cornbread is a delicious side that goes well with the cheesy ground beef dish.
- Corn fritters are always a hit with ground beef recipes including sloppy Joe’s, and hamburger casserole.
- Jiffy jalapeno cornbread goes great with taco casserole and chili. Just add a little dollop of sour cream and you’re in business.
- Jiffy creamed corn cornbread – is the perfect dish for any occasion including holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Buttermilk cornbread recipe – love buttermilk? This cornbread is a rich and tasty side.
5-Ingredient Ground Beef Casserole
Check out the 5-ingredient ground beef casserole recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start cooking! I love ground beef casserole recipes and I think you’ll love this one, too.
Then, share your comments below and click here to share a picture of your dinner on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share with us.
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds ground beef
- 10.5 ounce can cream of condensed mushroom soup
- 10.5 ounce can cream of cheddar cheese soup
- 3 cups cubed frozen potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350-degrees
- Cook the ground beef, drain the grease, and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the can of cream of mushroom and cream of cheddar cheese soup to the bowl.
- Add the frozen cubed potatoes to the bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese to the bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper and mix everything together.
- Pour into a greased 9" x 13" casserole dish and sprinkle the remainder of the shredded cheddar cheese on top. Cover with tin foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes and carefully remove tin foil. Bake for 30 more minutes.
Nutrition information based on 2 pounds of ground beef.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 513Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 142mgSodium: 445mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 27g
Nutrition is approximate.
Check out other delicious recipes at: