Jiffy Jalapeno Cornbread Is A Hit Everywhere
The best part about this cornbread recipe? You can make it in less than five minutes and get it into the oven fast.
We love our cornbread around here, and my youngest and husband absolutely loved it with jalapeños. It adds some kick to an already moist and delicious side dish.
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Jiffy Jalapeno Cornbread?
- Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- Sour cream
- Vegetable oil
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Canned diced jalapenos
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How Do I Make the Jiffy Jalapeno Cornbread?
- Start by adding the two boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix to a large bowl.
- Next, add the eggs, milk, sour cream, vegetable oil, and mix well.
- Finally, add the shredded cheddar cheese and diced jalapenos and mix well.
- Pour the cornbread mixture into the greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle a few more diced jalapenos on top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
How To Make Jiffy Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
Start by adding the two boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix to the bowl, as well as the two eggs.
You can use the regular Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix or the Jiffy Vegetarian Corn Muffin Mix for this recipe.
Pour the vegetable oil into the bowl.
Next, pour the milk into the bowl with the muffin mix.
Add the sour cream and mix everything well.
Finally, add the shredded cheddar cheese and jalapenos and mix well.
My husband said that he thought the jalapeno cornbread would taste great with or without the shredded cheese.
If you love cheese as I do, you can keep it a part of the recipe, but if you’re not big on cheese, give it a try without it.
For the jalapenos, I bought a jar that was precut. I went on and diced them up just a little bit more for the recipe.
Sprinkle some jalapenos on top and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
For this recipe, you can add as much or as little diced jalapeños as you’d like to. Pile it on if you love your cornbread spicy.
Other Jiffy Cornbread Recipes:
- If you’re looking for a way to make your cornbread moister give this moist cornbread recipe a try with a few hacks. The recipe is popular on the blog and gets consistent rave reviews.
- Jiffy Corn Pudding is a great dish that is made with creamed corn and whole kernel corn for a side dish that you won’t want to go without at any holiday meal.
- If you like your food a little spicy, try Jiffy Cornbread Tamale Pie for dinner. It’s filling, tasty, and super easy to make.
Main dish recipes that go great with Jiffy jalapeno cornbread
- Baked chicken and ranch dinner is another easy recipe for those nights when you don’t want to slave over dinner.
- Slow cooker BBQ beef always tastes great with some spicy Jiffy jalapeno cheddar cornbread on the side.
- Salmon patties and cornbread are a great combo.
Jiffy jalapeno cornbread recipe
Check out the easy cornbread recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start cooking! This is a great addition to any meal.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your cornbread on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 2 - 8.5 oz. boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced canned jalapenos + some for sprinkling on top
Preheat the oven to 400-degrees and grease a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Add the two boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix to a large bowl.
- Next, add the eggs and vegetable oil to the bowl.
- Add the sour cream and milk and mix well.
- Finally, add the shredded cheddar cheese and diced jalapeños to the bowl and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a 9" x 13" greased dish.
- Top with a handful of diced jalapeños and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 280mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 5g
Nutrition is approximate.