The easy cornbread recipe is made with simple ingredients and is the perfect balance of heat and savory.
Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread
Jiffy jalapeño cheddar cornbread can be made in a variety of ways and is the perfect side dish.
You can add cream style corn, green chiles, pepper jack cheese, green onions, and more for different flavors.
You can also make the cornbread into jalapeño corn muffins. All you need is a muffin tin.
Can You Make Jalapeño Cornbread With Jiffy Mix?
Definitely, and it tastes amazing. I am going to show you how to make a moist, delicious, and satisfying jalapeño cornbread in this post.
Jiffy Jalapeño Cornbread Is A Hit Everywhere
The best part about this cornbread recipe? You can make it in less than five minutes and get it into the oven fast.
We love our Jiffy cornbread around here, and my youngest and husband absolutely loved it with jalapeños. It adds a little kick to an already moist and delicious side dish.
My son loves the heat of the jalapeños and always wants me to add more.
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Jiffy Jalapeno Cornbread?
- Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- Sour cream
- Vegetable oil
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Canned diced jalapenos
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How Do I Make the Jiffy Jalapeno Cornbread?
- Start by adding the two boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix to a large mixing bowl.
- Next, add the eggs, milk, sour cream, and vegetable oil, and mix well.
- Finally, add the shredded cheddar cheese and diced jalapenos and mix well.
- Pour the cornbread mixture into the greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle a few more diced jalapenos on top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
How To Make Jiffy Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread – Step-By-Step Instructions
Start by adding the two boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix to the bowl, as well as the two eggs.
You can use the regular Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix or the Jiffy Vegetarian Corn Muffin Mix for this recipe.
Pour the vegetable oil into the bowl.
Next, pour the milk into the bowl with the muffin mix.
Add the sour cream and mix everything well.
Finally, add the shredded cheddar cheese and jalapenos and mix well.
My husband said that he thought the jalapeno cornbread would taste great with or without the shredded cheese.
If you love cheese as I do, you can keep it a part of the recipe, but if you’re not big on cheese, give it a try without it.
For the jalapenos, I bought a jar that was precut. I went on and diced them up just a little bit more for the recipe.
Sprinkle some jalapenos on top and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
For this recipe, you can add as many or as few diced jalapeños as you’d like to. Pile it on if you love your cornbread spicy.
- Mexican blend cheese
- Green chiles
- Green onions
- Pepper Jack cheese
- Cream style corn
- Whole corn kernels
- Fresh jalapeños or jarred jalapeños
- Monterey Jack cheese (this will add a touch of sweetness)
How To Store The Jiffy Jalapeño Cornbread
Store the cornbread in an airtight container or cover it with plastic wrap. Keep the cornbread in the refrigerator.
Other Jiffy Cornbread Recipes:
- If you’re looking for a way to make your cornbread moister, give this moist cornbread recipe a try with a few hacks. The recipe is popular on the blog and gets consistent rave reviews.
- Jiffy Corn Pudding is a great dish that is made with creamed corn and whole kernel corn for a side dish that you won’t want to go without at any holiday meal.
- If you like your food a little spicy, try Jiffy Cornbread Tamale Pie for dinner. It’s filling, tasty, and super easy to make.
Who Invented Jiffy Cornbread?
NPR has a great article on how Jiffy was invented. The president and CEO of the Chelsea Milling Company, Howdy Holmes, is the great-grandson of the man who started the company. But his grandmother created the baking mix and gave it the famous name.
And boy, are we glad they created Jiffy. We love it around here, and I know you do, too!
Main Dish Recipes That Go Great With Jiffy Jalapeño Cornbread
- Baked chicken and ranch dinner is another easy recipe for those nights when you don’t want to slave over dinner.
- Slow cooker BBQ beef always tastes great with some spicy Jiffy jalapeno cheddar cornbread on the side.
- Salmon patties and cornbread are a great combo.
- Easy homemade chili from Tastes Better From Scratch is a great dish to serve with jalapeño cornbread.
Jiffy Jalapeno Cornbread Recipe
Jiffy jalapeno cornbread recipe is the best side dish. It’s easy to make and can be made as muffins or in a pan for individual slices.
The recipe is a great way to add a ton of flavor to your meals.
Be sure to get the recipe below and make some cornbread today!
- 2 - 8.5 oz. boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced canned jalapenos + some for sprinkling on top
Preheat the oven to 400-degrees and grease a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Add the two boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix to a large bowl.
- Next, add the eggs and vegetable oil to the bowl.
- Add the sour cream and milk and mix well.
- Finally, add the shredded cheddar cheese and diced jalapeños to the bowl and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a 9" x 13" greased dish.
- Top with a handful of diced jalapeños and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 280mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 5g
Nutrition is approximate.
Find more delicious recipes at South Your Mouth.