There are a few staples in the South, and if you stay long enough, you will end up experiencing a few of them–iced tea, pie, biscuits, fried chicken, and cornbread.
My grandmother was an expert at making all of the above. And it was so gooood. You could gain 10 pounds just standing near her table.
I remember her pies sitting on the counter. We weren’t supposed to touch them until after supper, but I would scrape a little tiny section off, a little bit at a time, which would turn into a big enough section that she noticed–and I got that look. But, it was worth it.
And cornbread is just the same. Leave it out near me and I will pick at it until it’s gone.
Jiffy Creamed Corn Sweet Cornbread is one of the easiest sides to whip up.
Recipe and printable directions are listed at the bottom of the post.
Melt the butter in a medium-sized bowl. Add 1 can of creamed corn and 1 can of whole kernel corn.
Add 2 boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Stir together.
Add 1 cup of sour cream and mix it together (it just keeps getting better, doesn’t it?). Butter, corn, cornbread mix, sour cream, oh my!
Pour it into a greased 9″ x 9″ casserole dish and bake at 350-degrees for 50-55 minutes.
It’s a thick side, so it’s going to take a while to bake. Believe me, it’s worth the wait.
Jiffy Creamed Corn Sweet Cornbread is not only pretty, it’s amazingly tasty. I really don’t think I need anything else with the cornbread. It can be my entire meal. It’s that good.
Once it’s done cooking, get a slice out of the hot dish and add a little butter. That’s all you need. Mmm…
And if you decide to eat more thanJiffy Creamed Corn Sweet Cornbread for supper, it makes a great side for barbecue, or at Thanksgiving meal (just make plenty or there might be a fight over it), or with good ol’ fried chicken.
Check out more delicious recipes at:
- 1/4 cup (1 stick) butter (melted)
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 - 8.5 oz. boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Melt the butter and add to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the can of creamed corn.
- Add the can of whole kernel corn and mix everything together.
- Add both boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix and mix well.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Add the sour cream and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9" x 9" casserole dish.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until top is golden brown and knife comes out mostly clean in the center.
- It will still be moist and a little doughy in the middle.