The crowd pleaser makes a moist Jiffy cornbread side dish–one that you will want to eat over and over again.
Creamy Jiffy Corn Casserole Side Dish
This is one of the most simple recipes out there and it is packed full of flavor.
The easy creamed corn cornbread recipe combines a crunchy top with a soft and moist center and loads of corn for a wonderful dish at any meal.
This Jiffy Cornbread Mix with corn is one of my favorite side dishes and the entire family loves it.
I love cornbread and I love corn, so creamed corn cornbread is the perfect combination.
In fact, I love corn so much that I set the family record of eating twelve ears of corn in one sitting when I was a teenager. Yep, quite proud of that fact.
Check Out The Top 10 Recipes At Back To My Southern Roots
My grandparents raised corn on their Tennessee farm and it was absolutely delicious. Every summer I think I tried to eat half of the corn in the field.
One of my grandparents would bring some in (along with quite a few other veggies) for dinner each night.
Being a city girl, I was quite fascinated with the idea of going out to the garden and coming in with food, instead of having to run down to the grocery store.
This Jiffy cornbread recipe with creamed corn is also one of the easiest dishes to make. It’s perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Father’s Day, or any occasion.
You can take it to a barbecue, office party, church potluck, or just about any place you can think of.
This recipe also calls for sour cream, which not only adds flavor but makes this a moist cornbread recipe–no more dry cornbread!
Y’all will love this Jiffy cornbread with whole kernel corn and creamed corn recipe. Say that five times fast.
What Do I Need To Make The Jiffy Cornbread With Creamed Corn And Sour Cream Recipe?
- Medium-sized bowl
- 2 boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- Sour cream
- Whole kernel corn
- Creamed corn
- Sugar (optional)
- 9″ x 9″ baking dish
- Non-stick spray
Full recipe with measurements and printable instructions listed at the bottom of the post
How To Make Jiffy Cornbread With Creamed Corn
- Melt the butter and add to a medium-sized bowl.
- Drain the juice off of the whole kernel corn.
- Add the creamed corn and whole kernel corn to the bowl. Mix together.
- Add the two boxes of Jiffy Cornbread and mix.
- Add the sour cream and mix in with the other ingredients. Pour into a greased 9″ x 9″ casserole dish.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until the top is golden brown.
Get started by adding the melted butter, creamed corn, and whole kernel corn to a medium-sized bowl.
(Drain the juice off of the whole kernel corn before adding to the bowl).
Next, add the boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix and mix together.
Spoon the sour cream into the bowl and mix together.
If you’re not a big fan of sour cream, you can use plain Greek yogurt instead.
Pour everything into a 9″ x 9″ greased casserole dish and bake for 50-55 minutes.
When the moist Jiffy cornbread recipe is done the top will be golden brown. The center might still be a little bit moist.
I think y’all will love this recipe. It is one of the best Jiffy cornbread recipes out there.
And, if this is your first time making it, be ready for everyone to ask for seconds.
When you take it out of the oven, spoon a little butter on top and it will melt and taste amazing. My mouth starts to water just thinking about it.
Some people have commented that they love to add jalapeños to the mix, so you can give that a try, as well.
Other Optional Ingredients:
- Cheddar cheese
- Green onion
- Green chiles
- Green pepper
- Sugar for a little bit more sweet cornbread
Let me know what you think of the Jiffy Cornbread recipe in the comments below. Good stuff!
Can you add corn to Jiffy mix?
Absolutely! There’s nothing better than mixing the two ingredients together for a wonderful side dish that works well at any family gathering, potluck, office party, or just at dinnertime.
Is cornbread made from corn?
Yes. Dried corn is ground up to make the cornmeal that is one of the main ingredients in cornbread.
Is Jiffy corn muffin mix the same as Jiffy cornbread mix?
According to the Jiffy Cornbread people, the vegetarian corn muffin mix is made with vegetable shortening and that is the only difference between the two.
What goes well with Jiffy Cornbread with Creamed Corn?
Classic Family Recipes For Christmas Dinners
- Broccoli cheese casserole – this recipe is always a great way to get the kids to the dinner table.
- Zucchini casserole – is perfect for any holiday meal.
- Broccoli cheese bake – is a delicious side dish any time of year.
- Easy homemade dinner rolls – these rolls are one of the first things people reach for on the dinner table.
- Green bean casserole – this might just be one of America’s favorite recipes.
- Grandma’s sweet potato casserole from Southern Plate is always a favorite sweet and savory side dish.
The Best Jiffy Cornbread Recipe
Check out the Jiffy cornbread mix with creamed corn recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start cooking! This is a great side dish.
Then, share your comments below and click here to share a picture of your cornbread on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share with us so we can try it, too!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) whole kernel corn
- 1 Tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 2 - 8.5 ounce boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Melt the butter and add to a medium or large bowl.
- Drain the juice off of the whole kernel corn.
- Add the can of creamed corn and whole kernel corn. Mix everything together.
- Add both boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix and mix well.
- Add the sugar and mix well. (optional)
- Add the sour cream and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9" x 9" casserole dish.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until top is golden brown and knife comes out mostly clean in the center.
After cooking, it will still be a tad moist in the middle.
You can also make this recipe in a cast iron skillet. Heat the skillet, grease with butter, and pour the cream corn casserole into the pan and bake. Heating the skillet ahead of time will make the edges crusty.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 pieces Serving Size: 1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 14.22gSaturated Fat: 8.39gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 31.16mgSodium: 350.8mgCarbohydrates: 24.5gFiber: 1.3gSugar: 5.75gProtein: 2.8g