And, did I mention the southern corn pudding casserole is easy?
A Savory Side Dish And Crowd Pleaser
Jiffy corn pudding is perfect any time of year, even as a holiday meal side dish.
It’s a big hit with everyone and uses simple ingredients that are budget-friendly–most are pantry staples that you most likely already have.
It’s similar to spoon bread casserole that your grandma made.
An Easy Side Dish
This might just be one of the easiest side dishes you’ll ever make. It only takes about five minutes to prep the dish and get it into the oven–no kidding!
It’s so good that I could honestly just make the recipe and eat it for my dinner.
Forget making anything else, I’ll just take this. And you might end up agreeing with me once you taste it.
Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix is a little bit sweet, so it has a touch of a sweet flavor to it.
The Perfect Side Dish For A Holiday Dinner
Not only is this a great side dish for any meal, it works for Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas dinner, Easter dinner, or any other holiday you choose.
Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix is one of those ingredients that goes a long way. In other words, you can make a lot of dishes with Jiffy.
Here are a few that I’ve made that everyone in the family loves:
- Moist Jiffy Cornbread – try these hacks to get cornbread that’s never dry. This recipe has been the most popular on the blog–it’s delish.
- Jiffy Cornbread with creamed corn is very similar to this corn pudding recipe and just as delicious.
- Jiffy Cornbread tamale pie is packed with flavor and is a great dinner to add to the weekly rotation.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Jiffy Corn Pudding?
- Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- Can of creamed corn
- Can of whole kernel corn
- Sour cream
Full printable list of measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How Do I Make The Corn Pudding with Jiffy Mix?
- Start by adding an egg to a medium-sized bowl and beat it a little.
- Next, add the creamed corn.
- Drain the liquid (and get rid of the liquid) off of the can of whole kernel corn and add the corn to the bowl.
- Add the sour cream and mix well.
- Finally, add the box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix and mix well.
- Pour the melted butter into a greased 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- Add the Jiffy mixture to the baking dish and bake for one hour.
Some readers enjoy step-by-step instructions with pictures, so be sure to follow along below if you’d like.
Start by adding the egg to a medium-sized glass bowl and beating it a little.
Add the creamed corn to the bowl.
Cream style corn is going to add a little bit more moisture to the pudding.
Next, pour the liquid out of the can of whole kernel corn and add the corn to the bowl.
Add the sour cream to the bowl and mix well.
The egg and the sour cream are going to add some moisture to the dish, and it really adds a lot of flavor.
Finally, add the Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix to the bowl and mix well.
Melt the butter and pour it into a greased 8″ x 8″ (or 9″ x 9″) baking dish.
I used a stoneware baking dish for this recipe, but a glass dish or a cast-iron skillet will work perfectly for the recipe.
I happened to use a 9″ x 9″ dish, but 8″ x 8″ will work perfectly, as well.
Add the Jiffy mixture to the casserole dish and spread it out a little. Bake for one hour at 350-degrees.
I just let the butter go where it wanted to go, and it turned out so good. Such great butter flavor throughout.
TIP: Be sure to place a cookie sheet underneath the baking dish, as the butter can sometimes run over).
How To Store The Classic Side Dish
You can store the corn pudding in an airtight container or cover with Saran Wrap and place in the refrigerator.
What Is Southern Comfort Food?
For me, southern comfort food is cornbread, corn pudding, and biscuits with melted butter on top.
More Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix Recipes
You really can’t go wrong with Jiffy mix recipes. You can do so many things with the mix. And, Jiffy is super duper budget-friendly, too.
- Who knew you could make really good buttermilk pancakes with Jiffy?
- Jiffy Cornbread hush puppies are a fun recipe to make for get-togethers.
- Jiffy Cornbread cheeseburger casserole has not only been popular on Facebook, but it has been popular here at home, too. It’s easy to make and you can sneak those veggies in there. Plus, it will feed quite a few people.
- Easy chili cornbread is another great recipe that will feed a hungry bunch.
More Easy Side Dish Recipes
- Green bean casserole
- Fried cornbread recipe
- Sweet potato casserole
- Homemade cream-style corn
- Zucchini casserole
- Scalloped corn
- Jiffy Sweet Cornbread
Is Corn Pudding A Southern Thing?
Corn pudding has been a southern thing for generations. It’s a staple in a lot of southern homes and is great comfort food.
However, it is popular in eastern states, as well.
Is Corn Pudding The Same As Corn Bread?
Corn pudding is made with cornbread, so it’s very similar to cornbread. However, the recipe includes whole corn kernels and cream corn.
What Meals Go Well With Jiffy Corn Pudding?
Can You Make Corn Pudding Ahead?
Yes, you can make the corn pudding a day ahead, but don’t cook it yet.
You can mix all the ingredients and keep them in a baking dish in the refrigerator a couple of days ahead, and then place it in the oven to cook it when you are ready to eat it.
What Is A Good Simple Recipe For Making Cornbread With Either Yellow or White Maize?
There are a lot of great recipes out there with yellow or white maize. You can find one here on the blog for buttermilk cornbread.
Jiffy Corn Pudding
The easy corn casserole recipe is a delightful and easy recipe that can be made to serve as part of any holiday meal.
It’s an old-fashioned family favorite, so it will feel like everyone at the dinner table has something in common and you’ll create memories together.
This favorite southern corn pudding recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
Be sure to get the recipe below and enjoy!
- 1 egg
- 14 oz. creamed corn
- 14 oz. whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees and grease an 8" x 8" baking dish.
- Add the egg to a medium-sized bowl and beat a little.
- Next, add the creamed corn to the bowl.
- Pour the liquid out of the can of whole kernel corn (dump the liquid) and add the corn to the bowl.
- Next, add the sour cream and mix well.
- Add the Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix to the bowl and mix well.
- Pour the melted butter into the baking dish and add the Jiffy mixture to the bowl.
- Bake for one hour and serve. (Be sure to place the baking dish on a cookie sheet in case the butter runs over the sides while baking).
TIP: Place a cookie sheet underneath the baking dish, as butter can sometimes run over and make a mess.
If there are any leftovers, keep in an airtight container or cover the tasty side dish with plastic wrap.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 363Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 370mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 6g
Nutrition is approximate.