And, did I mention the Southern corn pudding casserole is easy to make?
A Savory Side Dish And Crowd Pleaser
It’s a big hit with everyone and uses simple ingredients that are budget-friendly–most are pantry staples that you most likely already have.
It’s similar to a spoon bread casserole that your grandma made.
Baked Corn Casserole – An Easy Side Dish
This might just be one of the easiest side dishes you’ll ever make. It only takes about five minutes to prep the dish and get it into the oven–no kidding!
It’s so good that I could honestly just make the recipe and eat it for my dinner.
Forget making anything else, I’ll just take this. And you might end up agreeing with me once you taste it.
Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix is a little bit sweet, so it has a touch of a sweet flavor to it.
The Perfect Side Dish For A Holiday Dinner
Not only is this corn pudding mix a great side dish for any meal, it works for Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas dinner, Easter dinner, or any other holiday you choose.
Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
Here are a few Jiffy recipes that I’ve made that everyone in the family loves:
- Moist Jiffy Cornbread – Try these hacks to get cornbread that’s never dry. This recipe has been the most popular on the blog–it’s delish.
- Jiffy Cornbread with creamed corn is very similar to this corn pudding recipe and just as delicious.
- Jiffy Cornbread tamale pie is packed with flavor and is a great dinner to add to the weekly rotation.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Jiffy Corn Pudding?
- Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- Can of creamed corn
- Can of whole kernel corn
- Sour cream
Full printable list of measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
The #1 Tip for Making Jiffy Corn Pudding
Don’t over mix – overmixing can cause the pudding to be tough. So, when you add your ingredients, mix enough to combine, and that’s all you need to do.
How Do I Make The Corn Pudding with Jiffy Mix?
- Start by adding an egg to a medium-sized bowl and beat it a little.
- Next, add the creamed corn.
- Drain the liquid (and get rid of the liquid) off of the can of whole kernel corn and add the corn to the bowl.
- Add the sour cream and mix well.
- Finally, add the box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix and mix well.
- Pour the melted butter into a greased 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- Add the Jiffy mixture to the baking dish and bake for one hour.
Some readers enjoy step-by-step instructions with pictures, so be sure to follow along below if you’d like.
Start by adding the egg to a medium-sized glass bowl and beating it a little.
Add the creamed corn to the bowl.
Cream style corn is going to add a little bit more moisture to the pudding.
Next, pour the liquid out of the can of whole kernel corn and add the corn to the bowl.
Add the sour cream to the bowl and mix well.
The egg and the sour cream are going to add some moisture to the dish, and it really adds a lot of flavor.
Finally, add the Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix to the bowl and mix well.
Melt the butter and pour it into a greased 8″ x 8″ (or 9″ x 9″) baking dish.
I used a stoneware baking dish for this recipe, but a glass dish or a cast-iron skillet will work perfectly for the recipe.
I happened to use a 9″ x 9″ dish, but 8″ x 8″ will work perfectly, as well.
You can grease the pan with some nonstick cooking spray.
Add the Jiffy mixture to the casserole dish and spread it out a little. Bake for one hour at 350 degrees.
I just let the butter go where it wanted to go, and it turned out so good. Such great butter flavor throughout.
The easy dish cooks up a golden brown top layer that is divine.
TIP: Be sure to place a cookie sheet underneath the baking dish, as the butter can sometimes run over).
You can add different ingredients to the Jiffy cornbread mix to give your side dish a different flavor. The recipe is perfect for holiday dinners (it’s a holiday staple around our house) or any gathering.
- Green chiles add some spicy flavor to the delicious side dish.
- Cayenne pepper to kick things up a notch.
- Jalapeños for some added spice.
- Shredded cheddar cheese for a cheesy corn casserole.
How To Store The Classic Side Dish
You can store the corn pudding in an airtight container or cover it with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator.
What Is Southern Comfort Food?
For me, southern comfort food is cornbread, corn pudding, and biscuits with melted butter on top.
More Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix Recipes
You really can’t go wrong with Jiffy mix recipes. You can do so many things with the mix. And, Jiffy is super duper budget-friendly, too.
Who Invented Corn Pudding?
Corn pudding originated in the southern part of the United States. Now, it is eaten and enjoyed all over the country.
Can Jiffy Corn Pudding Be Made Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can make the corn pudding one day in advance. Be sure to keep it refrigerated. You can take it out of the refrigerator and add it to the oven to bake when you are ready.
Can Jiffy Corn Pudding Be Frozen?
Technically, you can freeze the corn pudding, but I wouldn’t recommend it. This recipe tastes better fresh out of the oven.
Can This Recipe Be Made Gluten-Free?
If you want to make a gluten-free corn casserole, you will have to use different ingredients as Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix is not gluten-free. There are a lot of delicious options out there to use.
- Who knew you could make really good buttermilk pancakes with Jiffy?
- Jiffy Cornbread hush puppies are a fun recipe to make for get-togethers.
- Jiffy Cornbread cheeseburger casserole has not only been popular on Facebook, but it has been popular here at home, too. It’s easy to make, and you can sneak those veggies in there. Plus, it will feed quite a few people.
- Easy chili cornbread is another great recipe that will feed a hungry bunch.
More Easy Side Dish Recipes
- Green bean casserole– Green bean casserole is a traditional recipe that is eaten at many holiday meals.
- Fried cornbread recipe – This is a great dish that is easy to make and always delicious/
- Sweet potato casserole – The casserole is another wonderful holiday dish that is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- Homemade cream-style corn – corn is a staple on most holiday tables. But, this homemade dish is also perfect for any occasion.
- Zucchini casserole – kids will love this dish and ask for seconds.
- Scalloped corn – need an easy recipe? This is the one.
- Jiffy Sweet Cornbread – we all love a sweet cornbread recipe, and this honey-filled dish is perfect for any occasion.
- Crock Pot Jiffy corn pudding – the same recipe, but in the slow cooker. You can save some oven space.
Is Corn Pudding A Southern Thing?
Corn pudding has been a Southern thing for generations. It’s a staple in a lot of southern homes and is great comfort food.
However, it is popular in eastern states, as well.
Is Corn Pudding The Same As Corn Bread?
Corn pudding is made with cornbread, so it’s very similar to cornbread. However, the recipe includes whole corn kernels and cream corn.
Do You Put Eggs In Corn Pudding?
Yes, this recipe does use one egg to help hold things together.
What Meals Go Well With Jiffy Corn Pudding?
- Pesto Chicken
- Easy Meatloaf
- Baked chicken and ranch recipe
- Thick and hearty chili
- Thanksgiving Turkey
Can You Make Corn Pudding Ahead?
Yes, you can make the corn pudding a day ahead but don’t cook it yet.
You can mix all the ingredients and keep them in a baking dish in the refrigerator a couple of days ahead, and then place it in the oven to cook it when you are ready to eat it.
What Is A Good Simple Recipe For Making Cornbread With Either Yellow or White Maize?
There are a lot of great recipes out there with yellow or white maize. You can find one here on the blog for buttermilk cornbread.
Jiffy Corn Pudding
Jiffy corn pudding is a go-to side dish for family get-togethers and casual dinners. Hunting for the best corn casserole? The creamy Jiffy corn casserole recipe is where it’s at!
Super easy and quick, this dish is perfect for those diving into the world of corn casseroles for the first time. It sticks to the basics, so it’s not complicated.
But don’t let its simplicity fool you; it’s packed with flavor. If you’re after a no-fuss, tasty side, the Jiffy corn pudding recipe has got your back.
The easy corn casserole recipe is a delightful and easy recipe that can be made to serve as part of any holiday meal.
It’s an old-fashioned family favorite, so it will feel like everyone at the dinner table has something in common, and you’ll create memories together.
This favorite Southern corn pudding recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
Be sure to get the recipe below and enjoy!
- 1 egg
- 14 oz. creamed corn
- 14 oz. whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees and grease an 8" x 8" baking dish.
- Add the egg to a medium-sized bowl and beat a little.
- Next, add the creamed corn to the bowl.
- Pour the liquid out of the can of whole kernel corn (dump the liquid) and add the corn to the bowl.
- Next, add the sour cream and mix well.
- Add the Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix to the bowl and mix well.
- Pour the melted butter into the baking dish and add the Jiffy mixture to the bowl.
- Bake for one hour and serve. (Be sure to place the baking dish on a cookie sheet in case the butter runs over the sides while baking).
TIP: Place a cookie sheet underneath the baking dish, as butter can sometimes run over and make a mess.
If there are any leftovers, keep in an airtight container or cover the tasty side dish with plastic wrap.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 363Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 370mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 6g
Nutrition is approximate.
Hi there! I’m Julie Pollitt from ‘Back To My Southern Roots.’ My love for cooking started way back on my grandparents’ farm in Tennessee. Those sunny days, the smell of biscuits in the oven, and all the family fun really sparked my passion for cooking. On my blog, I share more than just recipes – they’re like stories from my life, full of Southern warmth and homey goodness. The best part? Whether you’re just starting out or you’re a kitchen pro, you’ll find my recipes super easy to whip up. So, come on, pull up a chair, and let’s make some delicious memories!