Jiffy corn pudding is a buttery, moist, sweet, and easy recipe that is delicious enough for any holiday gathering or dinner meal.
And, did I mention the southern corn pudding casserole is easy?
A Savory Side Dish And Crowd Pleaser
Jiffy corn pudding, also known as Jiffy corn casserole recipe, is perfect any time of year, even as a holiday meal side dish.
It’s a big hit with everyone and uses simple ingredients that are budget-friendly–most are pantry staples that you most likely already have.
It’s similar to spoon bread casserole that your grandma made.
Baked Corn Casserole – An Easy Side Dish
This might just be one of the easiest side dishes you’ll ever make. It only takes about five minutes to prep the dish and get it into the oven–no kidding!
It’s so good that I could honestly just make the recipe and eat it for my dinner.
Forget making anything else, I’ll just take this. And you might end up agreeing with me once you taste it.
Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix is a little bit sweet, so it has a touch of a sweet flavor to it.
The corn and creamed corn are underneath a crunchy top and create a great texture combination.
The Perfect Side Dish For A Holiday Dinner
Not only is this corn pudding mix a great side dish for any meal, it works for Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas dinner, Easter dinner, or any other holiday you choose.
Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix is one of those ingredients that goes a long way. In other words, you can make a lot of dishes with Jiffy.
Here are a few Jiffy recipes that I’ve made that everyone in the family loves:
- Moist Jiffy Cornbread – try these hacks to get cornbread that’s never dry. This recipe has been the most popular on the blog–it’s delish.
- Jiffy Cornbread with creamed corn is very similar to this corn pudding recipe and just as delicious.
- Jiffy Cornbread tamale pie is packed with flavor and is a great dinner to add to the weekly rotation.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Jiffy Corn Pudding?
- Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- Can of creamed corn
- Can of whole kernel corn
- Sour cream
Full printable list of measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
Watch How To Make Jiffy Corn Pudding
How Do I Make The Corn Pudding with Jiffy Mix?
- Start by adding an egg to a medium-sized bowl and beat it a little.
- Next, add the creamed corn.
- Drain the liquid (and get rid of the liquid) off of the can of whole kernel corn and add the corn to the bowl.
- Add the sour cream and mix well.
- Finally, add the box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix and mix well.
- Pour the melted butter into a greased 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- Add the Jiffy mixture to the baking dish and bake for one hour.
Some readers enjoy step-by-step instructions with pictures, so be sure to follow along below if you’d like.
Start by adding the egg to a medium-sized glass bowl and beating it a little.
Add the creamed corn to the bowl.
Cream style corn is going to add a little bit more moisture to the pudding.
Next, pour the liquid out of the can of whole kernel corn and add the corn to the bowl.
Add the sour cream to the bowl and mix well.
The egg and the sour cream are going to add some moisture to the dish, and it really adds a lot of flavor.
Finally, add the Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix to the bowl and mix well.
Melt the butter and pour it into a greased 8″ x 8″ (or 9″ x 9″) baking dish.
I used a stoneware baking dish for this recipe, but a glass dish or a cast-iron skillet will work perfectly for the recipe.
I happened to use a 9″ x 9″ dish, but 8″ x 8″ will work perfectly, as well.
Add the Jiffy mixture to the casserole dish and spread it out a little. Bake for one hour at 350-degrees.
I just let the butter go where it wanted to go, and it turned out so good. Such great butter flavor throughout.
TIP: Be sure to place a cookie sheet underneath the baking dish, as the butter can sometimes run over).
How To Store The Classic Side Dish
You can store the corn pudding in an airtight container or cover with Saran Wrap and place in the refrigerator.
What Is Southern Comfort Food?
For me, southern comfort food is cornbread, corn pudding, and biscuits with melted butter on top.
More Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix Recipes
You really can’t go wrong with Jiffy mix recipes. You can do so many things with the mix. And, Jiffy is super duper budget-friendly, too.
Who Invented Corn Pudding?
Corn pudding originated in the southern part of the United States. Now, it is eaten and enjoyed all over the country.
Can Jiffy Corn Pudding Be Made Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can make the corn pudding one day in advance. Be sure to keep it refrigerated. You can take it out of the refrigerator and add it to the oven to bake when you are ready.
- Who knew you could make really good buttermilk pancakes with Jiffy?
- Jiffy Cornbread hush puppies are a fun recipe to make for get-togethers.
- Jiffy Cornbread cheeseburger casserole has not only been popular on Facebook, but it has been popular here at home, too. It’s easy to make and you can sneak those veggies in there. Plus, it will feed quite a few people.
- Easy chili cornbread is another great recipe that will feed a hungry bunch.
More Easy Side Dish Recipes
- Green bean casserole– green bean casserole is a traditional recipe that is eaten at many holiday meals.
- Fried cornbread recipe – this is a great dish that is easy to make and always delicious/
- Sweet potato casserole – the casserole is another wonderful holiday dish that is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- Homemade cream-style corn – corn is a staple on most holiday tables. But, this homemade dish is also perfect for any occasion.
- Zucchini casserole – kids will love this dish and ask for seconds.
- Scalloped corn – need an easy recipe? This is the one.
- Jiffy Sweet Cornbread – we all love a sweet cornbread recipe and this honey-filled dish is perfect for any occasion.
- Crock Pot Jiffy corn pudding – the same recipe, but in the Crock Pot. You can save some room in your oven.
Is Corn Pudding A Southern Thing?
Corn pudding has been a southern thing for generations. It’s a staple in a lot of southern homes and is great comfort food.
However, it is popular in eastern states, as well.
Is Corn Pudding The Same As Corn Bread?
Corn pudding is made with cornbread, so it’s very similar to cornbread. However, the recipe includes whole corn kernels and cream corn.
Do You Put Eggs In Corn Pudding?
Yes, this recipe does use one egg to help hold things together.
What Meals Go Well With Jiffy Corn Pudding?
Can You Make Corn Pudding Ahead?
Yes, you can make the corn pudding a day ahead, but don’t cook it yet.
You can mix all the ingredients and keep them in a baking dish in the refrigerator a couple of days ahead, and then place it in the oven to cook it when you are ready to eat it.
What Is A Good Simple Recipe For Making Cornbread With Either Yellow or White Maize?
There are a lot of great recipes out there with yellow or white maize. You can find one here on the blog for buttermilk cornbread.
Jiffy Corn Pudding
The easy corn casserole recipe is a delightful and easy recipe that can be made to serve as part of any holiday meal.
It’s an old-fashioned family favorite, so it will feel like everyone at the dinner table has something in common and you’ll create memories together.
This favorite southern corn pudding recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
Be sure to get the recipe below and enjoy!
Jiffy Corn Pudding
Jiffy corn pudding is one of those classic family recipes that everyone loves. It is a buttery, moist, sweet, and easy recipe that is delicious enough for the holiday season or any dinner meal and only takes five minutes of prep.
- 1 egg
- 14 oz. creamed corn
- 14 oz. whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees and grease an 8" x 8" baking dish.
- Add the egg to a medium-sized bowl and beat a little.
- Next, add the creamed corn to the bowl.
- Pour the liquid out of the can of whole kernel corn (dump the liquid) and add the corn to the bowl.
- Next, add the sour cream and mix well.
- Add the Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix to the bowl and mix well.
- Pour the melted butter into the baking dish and add the Jiffy mixture to the bowl.
- Bake for one hour and serve. (Be sure to place the baking dish on a cookie sheet in case the butter runs over the sides while baking).
TIP: Place a cookie sheet underneath the baking dish, as butter can sometimes run over and make a mess.
If there are any leftovers, keep in an airtight container or cover the tasty side dish with plastic wrap.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 363Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 370mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 6g
Nutrition is approximate.
Find more delicious recipes at Julia’s Simply Southern, and South Your Mouth.
Thursday 23rd of March 2023
I add a small can of chilli peppers for a little extra zing!
Wednesday 14th of December 2022
Just made this and it left a puddle of butter on top leaving it looking moist and uncooked in certain places. I wonder what went wrong?? Did this happen to anyone else? Any tips?
Wednesday 14th of December 2022
Was the top around the edges cooked? How long did you cook it for?
Saturday 10th of December 2022
Leave the sour cream out of this and it's x10 better.
Friday 7th of April 2023
@Layne, I can’t do sour cream and was wondering if it could be left out or if I needed to substitute it with Greek yogurt. You left it out entirely?
Wednesday 7th of December 2022
I've made this recipe in a baking dish as instructed and it was delicious! The next time I made it, I melted the butter in a cast iron dish and brought up to temp in the oven and then poured the batter over top and baked as directed. I must say, if you can and have it available, the cast iron gives it a crust that is to die for. It took this dish right over the top
Wednesday 7th of December 2022
I love it in the cast iron skillet, too. Thanks for sharing!
Friday 18th of November 2022
What did you bake it at? Can’t find degrees?
Saturday 19th of November 2022
You can bake it at 350-degrees. It's listed in the instructions section. I hope you love it!