Hello Dolly Bars, with sweetened condensed milk, are one of the best desserts out there. I love this recipe for Hello Dolly cookie bars, and people will be lining up to get one!
I absolutely love Hello Dolly Bars, also known as magic bars, or seven layer bars. I could honestly just sit and lick the inside of the sweetened condensed milk can, but the added chocolate, pecans, graham crackers, and coconut…Hello!
Must be why they call them Hello Dolly Bars!
How To Make Hello Dolly Bars
The bars are so easy to make and are great for holiday and Christmas parties, gifts for teachers and friends, or to just sit around and eat them at home. I prefer the latter (wink…wink).
I have not always been a big coconut fan, but I like it these days. After you cook it, it’s toasted and oh so delicious.
(On a side note, you can make Hello Dolly Bars without coconut – for those of you that either don’t like it or have an allergy to coconut).
I haven’t always known about Hello Dolly Bars. My friend brought some over a few years ago and shared with us. I couldn’t figure out how on earth I’d gotten through life without eating them? She (and this dessert with sweetened condensed milk) became my new best friend.
Recipe and printable instructions at the bottom of the post.
First, crush up a packet of graham crackers until they are fine. It won’t hurt anything if there are a few chunks in there.
One of the sleeves, from a graham cracker box, is usually enough to make 2 cups for the curst.
Melt the butter…
Add the graham crackers to the melted butter and stir it in.
I put some tin foil in the pan and spray it with a non-stick spray. It makes it easier to take the Hello Dolly Bars out of the pan when they cool, and it makes for an easy clean up.
Press the graham cracker and butter mixture into the bottom of the 9″ x 9″ casserole dish.
Sprinkle the chocolate chips around the top.
Sprinkle the pecans on top of the chocolate chips.
Add the coconut on top.
And now comes the best part. Pour the entire can of sweetened condensed milk over the top. We will literally fight over licking the can in this house. It is so good.
Click on the links for more delicious desserts:
- Easy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Stovetop Candied Pecans
- Fudge That Will Make All Your Friends Jealous
- Peanut Butter Fudge to Die For
Bake it at 325-degrees for about 25-30 minutes, or until the coconut turns a golden brown around the edges. If you try to get the coconut golden in the center, it will end up burning the edges. It’s ok if it doesn’t get golden in the center.
And, Hello Dolly Bars!
These are the original Hello Dolly Bars!
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers (usually one sleeve is enough)
- 10 Tbsp. butter (melted)
- 1 - 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 - 14. oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees.
- Line a 9" x 9" casserole dish with tin foil. Spray the tin foil with non stick spray.
- Crush the graham crackers in a bag and add the 2 cups to a bowl.
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Pour into the casserole dish and press down with your hand.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Sprinkle the pecans on top.
- Sprinkle the coconut on top.
- Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
Nutritional Information is approximate.
Duralex 100009 Made In France Lys Stackable 9-Piece Bowl Set
Pedrini Square Ceramic Baker (9 x 9-Inch, Red)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 80mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 15g Protein: 3g