Hello Dolly Bars are one of the best desserts out there. This is an easy recipe and people will be lining up to get one!
Must be why they call them Hello Dolly Bars!
The bars are so easy to make and are great for holiday and Christmas parties, gifts for teachers and friends, or to just sit around and eat them at home. I prefer the latter (wink…wink).
I have not always been a big coconut fan, but I like it these days. After you cook it, it’s toasted and oh so delicious.
I haven’t always known about Hello Dolly Bars. My friend brought some over a few years ago and shared with us. I couldn’t figure out how on earth I’d gotten through life without eating them? She became my new best friend.
Recipe and printable instructions at the bottom of the post.
First, crush up a packet of graham crackers until they are fine. It won’t hurt anything if there are a few chunks in there.
One of the sleeves, from a graham cracker box, is usually enough to make 2 cups for the curst.
Melt the butter…
Add the graham crackers to the melted butter and stir it in.
I put some tin foil in the pan and spray it with a non-stick spray. It makes it easier to take the Hello Dolly Bars out of the pan when they cool, and it makes for an easy clean up.
Press the graham cracker and butter mixture into the bottom of the 9″ x 9″ casserole dish.
Sprinkle the chocolate chips around the top.
Sprinkle the pecans on top of the chocolate chips.
Add the coconut on top.
And now comes the best part. Pour the entire can of sweetened condensed milk over the top. We will literally fight over licking the can in this house. It is so good.
Click on the links for more delicious desserts:
- Easy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Stovetop Candied Pecans
- Fudge That Will Make All Your Friends Jealous
- Peanut Butter Fudge to Die For
Bake it at 325-degrees for about 25-30 minutes, or until the coconut turns a golden brown around the edges. If you try to get the coconut golden in the center, it will end up burning the edges. It’s ok if it doesn’t get golden in the center.
And, Hello Dolly Bars!
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers (usually one sleeve is enough)
- 10 Tbsp. butter (melted)
- 1 - 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 - 14. oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees.
- Line a 9" x 9" casserole dish with tin foil. Spray the tin foil with non stick spray.
- Crush the graham crackers in a bag and add the 2 cups to a bowl.
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Pour into the casserole dish and press down with your hand.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Sprinkle the pecans on top.
- Sprinkle the coconut on top.
- Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are golden.