Sweetened Condensed Milk Chocolate Chip Bars are the perfect recipe when you’re looking for a rich dessert for birthdays and holidays, or any time of year. The chocolate chip bars recipe is easy to whip up and makes a large pan for a crowd.
Sweetened condensed milk is one of my absolute favorite ingredients. I could honestly just lick the can and be happy. But, adding it to a recipe always makes dessert better.
This recipe reminds me a lot of Hello Dolly Bars, but with more of a cookie, shortbread taste. The sweetened condensed milk chocolate chip bars are rich and filling like a Hello Dolly Bar.
Sweetened Condensed Milk Bars
Recipe and printable instructions listed below
Cream the butter.
If you forget to set out the butter on the counter to soften, you can microwave the butter for about 15 seconds.
Or, take a large glass and run it under some hot water. Once it’s hot, set it on top of the stick of butter and in a few minutes, you’ll have some soft butter!
Add the flour, sugar, and salt to the butter. Mix until it becomes crumbly.
Press the crumbly mixture into the greased casserole dish.
Put some flour on your hands while pressing down on the mixture, otherwise, you’ll be covered in dough.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
Y’all will be baking the crust again, so it’s ok if the center is not completely cooked.
Heat the can of sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips in a saucepan on low heat until melted.
You can also microwave the chips and sweetened condensed milk in increments of 30 seconds, if you don’t want to use the saucepan.
Pour the chocolate mixture over the crust. Spread it to the edges.
Helllloooo chocolate. You know this is gonna be good.
In another bowl, add the softened butter, flour, sugar, and dash of salt.
Stir until you create another crumbled mixture for the top of the sweetened condensed milk dessert.
Add the pecans (or walnuts) and chocolate chips to the crumbled mixture and stir together. You can also dice the pecans smaller to make it even more crumbly.
Crumble the mixture over the top of the chocolate and sweetened condensed milk mixture.
Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let it cool.
Cool for about 30 minutes and serve!
Mmm… This is one of my favorite desserts. This cookie bars recipe also makes a great gift for teachers and neighbors.
If you love this recipe, try these:
- 2 sticks butter (softened)
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 stick butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- dash salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts (diced)
Preheat oven at 350-degrees and grease a 13" x 9" casserole dish
- Beat two sticks of butter until creamy.
- Add the sugar, flour, and salt and mix well until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Press into a greased 13" x 9" casserole dish.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a saucepan on low heat.
- Add one cup of chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Pour over the crust and spread to the edges.
- Add the softened butter to a bowl and cream.
- Add the flour, sugar, and salt and mix until crumbly.
- Add the remainder of chocolate chips and pecans to the crumbled mixture.
- Add to the top of the chocolate mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool for at least half of an hour.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g
Check out more delicious recipes at: