Pound cake with sweetened condensed milk is a rich and delicious dessert with an old fashioned sweet vanilla taste.
This is truly one of the best pound cake recipes out there, with buttery, rich and flavorful ingredients. You can either add whipped cream or spread cream cheese icing over the top.
The old fashioned pound cake recipe is perfect for parties, holidays, church potlucks, school functions, or adding to any dessert table.
Sweetened Condensed Milk
This is one of those sweetened condensed milk recipes that is a keeper. The sugary syrup is the most amazing treat, even on its own and it’s such a great addition to many desserts.
I usually buy about ten cans around the holidays and make fudge for friends and family, along with this pound cake.
Sweetened condensed milk makes this pound cake so much richer.
If you love recipes with sweetened condensed milk, give these buckeye brownies a try.
Who Gets To Lick The Can?
We almost fight over who gets to lick the can when I am making the easy pound cake recipe.
The kids will circle around me waiting until I first get the lid off of the sweetened condensed milk can, and then try and get the remaining drops inside, and, they have me to contend with – I want it all!
But, we do share with each other when it comes down to who gets the last lick–most of the time!
What do I need to make the moist pound cake recipe?
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post
- Large bowl
- Hand mixer
- Non-stick spray
- Bread loaf pan
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Cake tester or thin knife
How do I make pound cake recipe?
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Next, cream the softened butter in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, sugar, and vanilla, and mix well.
- Now, add the sweetened condensed milk and mix.
- Add the flour mixture and combine.
- Pour into the greased bread pan and bake for one hour or until a cake tester comes out clean.
How To Make The Sweetened Condensed Milk Pound Cake
Get started on the pound cake by adding flour, salt, and baking powder to a small bowl. Whisk it together and set the bowl aside.
Next, add the softened butter to a large bowl and cream.
Add the eggs and mix them in well.
Add the sugar and vanilla and mix it all in together. It looks a little lumpy, but once you get everything mixed together it will all come out creamy.
And, the best part…add the sweetened condensed milk. You are seriously going to love this sweetened condensed milk pound cake recipe.
Mix it up and then add the flour mixture.
Once you mix it up, pour the cake batter into a greased bread pan.
Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until the cake tester comes out clean.
You can add a dollop of whipped topping to the pound cake with condensed milk as a garnishment!
- Sweetened condensed milk chocolate pound cake is another dessert that you will love just as much as this pound cake recipe.
- Old fashioned cream cheese pound cake is a fabulous dessert any time of year.
Check out the moist pound cake with sweetened condensed milk recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start baking! This is a great dessert any time of the year and I think you’ll love it.
Then, share your comments below and click here to share a picture of your pound cake recipe on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share with us so we can try it, too!
Connect with Back To My Southern Roots
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup), softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 - 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
Preheat oven to 325-degrees.
Grease bread pan with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream the butter.
- Add the eggs, sugar, and vanilla and blend together.
- Add the can of sweetened condensed milk and blend together.
- Add the flour mixture and blend together until the batter is smooth.
- Pour into greased bread pan and bake for 60 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
Serving Size:1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 453.5Total Fat: 24.4gSaturated Fat: 14.9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 115.9mgSodium: 333.6mgCarbohydrates: 52.2gFiber: 0.4gSugar: 39.3gProtein: 7.8g