Pound Cake with Sweetened Condensed Milk is a rich and delicious dessert with old fashioned sweet vanilla taste.
We love sweetened condensed milk around here. It’s such a great addition to many desserts. I usually buy about ten cans around the holidays and make fudge for friends and family.
But, there are so many other delicious recipes that contain sweetened condensed milk. It makes this poundcake so much richer.
We almost fight over who gets to lick the can. The kids will circle around me waiting until I first get the lid off of the can, and then try and get the remaining drops inside. And, they have me to contend with. I want it all!
But, we do share with each other when it comes down to who gets the last lick–most of the time!
Recipe and printable instructions listed below
Get started by adding flour, salt, and baking powder to a small bowl. Mix it up and set the bowl aside.
Next, cream the butter in a large bowl.
Add the eggs and mix them in well.
Add the sugar and vanilla and mix it all in together. It looks a little lumpy, but once you get everything mixed together it will all come out creamy.
And, the best part…add the sweetened condensed milk.
Mix it up and then add the flour mixture.
Once you mix it up, pour the batter into a greased bread pan and bake for 60-70 minutes, or until the cake tester comes out clean.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 - 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees.
- Grease bread pan with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream the butter.
- Add three eggs and blend again.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and blend in.
- Add the can of sweetened condensed milk and blend.
- Add the flour mixture and blend.
- Pour into bread pan and bake for 60 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
You can add a dollop of whipped topping as a garnishment!