Insanely Delicious Cream Cheese Frosting is an easy and budget-friendly recipe that is perfect for spreading on cake, cupcakes, pound cake, or even brownies.
This is an easy cream cheese frosting that only requires a few ingredients including powdered sugar, butter, cream cheese, vanilla, and milk for a rich and decadent treat to top your desserts.
If you’re looking for some insanely delicious cream cheese frosting, look no more. This is the stuff.
We spent summers in Tennessee on my grandparent’s farm, and we were lucky enough to be blessed with a grandma that loved to cook.
She made a mean angel food cake with cream cheese frosting. Typically, she made us pies, because well, who wouldn’t want pie after every meal–including breakfast.
Ok, so she didn’t let us have pie after breakfast, but we tried. Oh, and when she would get the pie out to cut a slice after dinner, it would mysteriously be half-eaten. Weird, I know.
So, back to the frosting.
When the church would have a potluck, or she would get a hankering to make us cake, she ended up making angel food cake with cream cheese frosting. O-M-Gosh. Seriously.
You can also add cocoa, or other ingredients to create chocolate frosting or something else. It’s pretty versatile, but every time delicious.
What do I need to make the cream cheese icing recipe?
- Cream cheese, softened
- Butter, softened
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
How do I make the recipe?
- Add the butter and cream cheese to a large bowl and mix until creamy.
- Next, add the vanilla extract, and milk and mix until combined.
- Finally, add the powdered sugar and mix until well blended.
- Spread on cakes and cupcakes.
It’s super easy and takes just a few minutes to make.
Other desserts with cream cheese frosting:
- Homemade chocolate cake recipe
- Pecan cinnamon roll recipe
- Easy pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting
- Pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting
- 2-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. milk (more if needed)
- 1 stick butter (softened)
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Mix the butter and cream cheese in a medium-sized bowl. Add the milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar and mix until well blended.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 cups Serving Size: 1 tbsp.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 53Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 28mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 0g
For more delicious recipes check out the following sites: