My pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting is one of the easiest cakes to make. The cake is moist, light, and full of flavor, and is perfect for the fall and winter season with pumpkin, spices, and a rich cream cheese frosting.
I think I am going to have to get stock in canned pumpkin. We have gone through quite a few cans of pumpkin for our yearly baking. We can’t get enough of the stuff.
The minute my kids come through the door and smell the pumpkin, they head straight for the kitchen.
Pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting was such an easy homemade cake recipe to fix, and it was even easier to devour.
The cake is moist and eating the cream cheese frosting is like sending your taste buds to heaven.
It reminds me of the frosting that my grandmother used to put on her angel food cakes. This frosting can go with just about any cake out there.
What do I need to make the pumpkin spice cake?
Full recipe with instructions listed below
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Olive oil
For the cream cheese frosting:
- Softened cream cheese
- Softened butter
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Milk, if needed
How to make pumpkin spice cake:
- Add the dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix.
- Next, add the eggs, pumpkin, and olive oil and mix.
- Pour into a greased 13″ x 9″ casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Next, add the cream cheese and butter to a bowl and mix until creamy.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix until well blended. Add milk, starting with a small teaspoon, if needed.
- Spread on the cooled cake.
After mixing the ingredients (in the recipe below), the cake cooked up so perfectly. I inserted a small cake tester to make sure it was cooked all the way through.
You can easily get by with a knife, but the cake tester just makes it a little less obvious that you checked to make sure it was done.
The frosting was by far my favorite thing to make, simply because the kids were at school and I had the beaters all to myself. Oh yeah. All mine.
After the cake had cooled, I spread the frosting on top and knew the kids would be thrilled when they got home. I ate a piece, and it was pretty filling.
The cake makes a great dessert to take to a potluck at church or a fall party. Your friends will love it and beg for the recipe.
Feast your eyes on this gorgeous pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting. Don’t you just want to climb inside the screen and take a bite? If you could, I’d invite you on over and share some of this treat.
Since you can’t climb through the screen, you can do the next best thing and make the cake. Scroll down for the recipe and enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/ tsp. salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 - 15 oz. can of pumpkin
- 1 cup olive oil
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 - 8 oz. pkg. softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
Pumpkin Spice Cake
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Add the flour, sugar, spices, salt, baking powder, and baking soda into a large bowl, and blend well.
- Next, add the eggs, canned pumpkin, and olive oil, and blend well.
- Pour the batter into a greased cake pan (I used a 13" x 9" casserole dish).
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Add cream cheese and butter to the mixer mix until creamy.
- Next, add 1 cup of powdered sugar to the mixer and blend well. Continue adding the remaining sugar until well blended.
- Add the vanilla and blend. (If the frosting is a little clumpy, add 1 tsp. of milk, or more if needed).
- Spread on the cake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 51mg Sodium: 263mg Carbohydrates: 41g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 31g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g
Check out more delicious recipes at: