Y’all are going to fall head-over-heels in love with these chocolate and cream cheese brownies with pumpkin that are perfect for the fall season, and of course, Halloween parties.
The Perfect Homemade Brownies
The recipe is part of #HalloweenTreatsWeek and is sponsored by Dixie Crystals.
Each year bloggers share their favorite Halloween treats with you, the readers. When you get to the bottom of the post, be sure to scroll down and see the other recipes.
You can also enter #HalloweenTreatsWeek into any social media outlet and you will find the recipes.
Brownies From Scratch
The brownies, from scratch, are rich, ultra moist, and very, very chocolatey.
The ribbon of pumpkin, fall spices, and cream cheese takes you right into the holidays and is the perfect comfort food.
Once you start baking your kitchen will smell like autumn–totally amazing. We wanted the smell to last forever.
And, you can’t beat the look of cream cheese and pumpkin swirled throughout with melting chocolate chips on top.
A Decadent Treat
The decadent brownie recipe stays moist, even days after you’ve made them–that is if you don’t eat them all first.
I do think this is one of the most delicious brownie dessert recipes I’ve ever made.
And don’t forget to take some of the brownies to the people in the office at the kid’s school, their tutoring center, or even the ladies at the nail salon.
The brownie recipe makes great gifts and everyone will love you for it.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Cream Cheese Brownies With Pumpkin?
- Butter, melted
- Vegetable oil
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream cheese
- Pumpkin puree
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground ginger
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground cloves
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How Do I Make The Easy Brownie Recipe?
- Pour the melted butter into a large bowl.
- Next, add the vegetable oil, brown and white sugar, eggs, and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, and salt and add to the wet mixture and mix well.
- Add 3/4 of the chocolate chips to the brownie batter and mix.
- Spread half of the brownie batter into a 9″ x 13″ greased baking dish.
- In another medium-sized bowl, add the cream cheese and beat until creamy.
- Pour the sugar into the bowl and cream.
- Add the pumpkin puree and egg and mix.
- Next, add the cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and one tablespoon of flour. Mix well.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over the brownie mixture.
- Top with the remainder of the brownie mixture and run a knife through the batter creating swirls.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the chocolate chips and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
I have a lot of readers that like to follow the step-by-step pictures for the recipe, so be sure to follow below if you’d like.
Start by pouring melted butter into a large bowl.
Next, add the granulated sugar, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla extract to the bowl.
I usually add the eggs last so they don’t land on the hot butter and cook a little. I have had that happen.
Or, you can let your melted butter cool off a bit before adding it to the bowl.
Add the vegetable oil and mix well.
Sift the flour, unsweetened cocoa, and salt and add to the wet mixture and mix.
Add 3/4 of the chocolate chips to the batter and mix.
Reserve the remainder of the chocolate chips to sprinkle on the top before baking.
Spread half of the brownie batter into a greased 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
Cream Cheese Layer
I’ve added quite a few pictures for the cream cheese layer because I messed up the first time I made these and wanted to make sure you didn’t do the same thing I did. Explanation below.
Add the cream cheese to the bowl and cream with the mixer.
This is where I messed up. The first time I made the recipe, I added all of the ingredients and then started mixing and the cream cheese ended up turning into little tiny lumps.
It still tasted the same but looked a little weird.
If you cream the cream cheese first, that won’t happen.
Pour the sugar into the bowl with the cream cheese and cream together.
Next, add the pumpkin puree and an egg and mix.
Finally, add the flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves and mix well.
Spread the pumpkin cream cheese over the brownie mixture.
Add the remainder of the brownie batter on top of the pumpkin cream cheese mixture. Take a knife and run it through creating swirls.
Sprinkle the remainder of the chocolate chips on top and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Brownies with Pumpkin
Check out the recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start baking! This is a great recipe for Halloween and fall parties.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your brownies on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350-degrees and grease a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter, brown and white sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Sift the flour, unsweetened cocoa, and salt and add to the wet mixture.
- Next, add 3/4 of the chocolate chips and mix them into the batter.
- Spread half of the batter into the baking dish.
Cream Cheese Pumpkin Layer
- Add the cream cheese to a bowl and cream.
- Next, pour the sugar into the bowl and mix.
- Add the pumpkin puree and egg and mix.
- Finally, add the flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves and mix.
- Pour over the brownie batter.
- Add the remainder of the brownie batter over the pumpkin mixture and run a knife through, creating swirls.
- Top with the remainder of the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 122mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 35gProtein: 3g
Nutrition is approximate.
- Peanut Butter Spider Cookies from BigBearsWife
- Chocolate Almond Owl Eye Cookies from Savory Moments
- Halloween Sugar Cookies from House of Nash Eats
- Mini Mallowmar Candy Corn Cookies from Sweet ReciPEAS
- Chocolate Chip Spider Cookies from Fresh Coast Eats
- Black Cat Whoopie Pies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake from The Flour Handprint
- Flying Purple People Eater Cake Balls from The Spiffy Cookie
- Cream Cheese Brownies with Pumpkin from Back To My Southern Roots
- Pan de Muerto (Day of the dead bread) from Lemon Blossoms
- Eye of Newt Halloween Milkshake from It’s Shanaka
- Halloween Marshmallow Pops from Devour Dinner
- Monster Mouths from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spooky Peanut Butter Balls from Tastes of Homemade
- Spider Web Ice Cream Pie from An Affair from the Heart
- Halloween Fudge from Sweet Beginnings
- The Best Halloween Muddy Buddies Mix from Family Around the Table
- Halloween Treat Popcorn Balls from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Halloween Charcuterie Board from I am a Honey Bee
- Air Fried Bat Wings from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Happy Halloween!Spooky Season is here and it is time for 2020’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”For the 3rd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have some great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsor and bloggers this year!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowl Set
Prize #2 from Angie at BigBearsWife
Ninja OP301 Foodi 9-in-1 Pressure, Slow Cooker, Air Fryer and More, with 6.5 Quart Capacity and 45 Recipe Book, and a High Gloss Finish
Prize #3 from Nicole Taggart’s Origami Owl Jewelry Bar
Origami Owl Locket and Halloween Charms
Prize #4 from Kathy at Lemon Blossoms
6 Quart Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
Prize #5 from Terri at Our Good Life
Young Living’s Thieves Mints ($50 Value)
Pop a Thieves Mint into your mouth for cinnamint-fresh breath after meals. Made with naturally derived ingredients and free of artificial sweeteners, dyes, and preservatives, Thieves Mints are a choice you can feel good about. Created with Young Living’s Thieves essential oil blend, these mints deliver minty coolness with a hint of warm, sugar-free sweetness. Thieves Mints come in a conveniently sized container that is great to take on the go!!
Prize #6 from Julie at Back To My Southern Roots
1 Copy of – The Peanuts Family Cookbook: Delicious Dishes for Kids to Make with Their Favorite Grown-Ups
Prize #8 from Peabody of Sweet ReciPEAS
1 Copy of her new cookbook “Holy Sweet! 60 Indulgent Recipes for Bigger, Better Desserts”
Prize #9 from Megan of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
1 Copy of her cookbook, “Incredible One-Pot Cooking: Easy, Delicious Recipes for Exciting Meals Without the Mess”
Prize #10 from Nicole of For the Love of Food Blog
1 Copy of “Friends: The Official Cookbook”
ONE (1) $75 Amazon gift card
Prize #12 from Shanaka from It’s Shanaka
ONE (1) $25 Amazon gift card
Prize #13 from Ashley from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Prize #14 from Amy from House of Nash Eats
ONE (1) $100 Amazon gift card
a Rafflecopter giveaway Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 5th – October 10th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 14 prizes and therefore we will have a total of 14 winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes. We would also love to give a huge thanks to our Halloween Treats Week bloggers because a lot of them also donated prizes for the giveaways, including: Angie of BigBearsWife , Nicole of Nicole Taggart’s Origami Owl Jewelry Bar, Kathy of Lemon Blossoms, Terri of Our Good Life, Julie of Back To My Southern Roots, Peabody of Sweet ReciPEAS, Megan of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen, Nicole of For the Love of Food Blog, Michaela of An Affair from the Heart, Jennifer of Take Two Tapas , Michele of West Via Midwest, Shanaka of It’s Shanaka, Ashley of Cheese Curd In Paradise, and Amy from House of Nash Eats!