Easy cream cheese brownies with pumpkin swirl are the perfect treat for the fall season and of course, your favorite Halloween party.
With swirls of pumpkin and cream cheese batter in the dessert is pure heaven.
The Perfect Homemade Fudgy Brownie
DISCLAIMER: This post is sponsored by Dixie Crystals. As always, the opinions are honest and are all my own.
Gooey brownies are hard to pass up, especially with the extra ingredients.
Brownies From Scratch
The ribbon of pumpkin, fall spices, and cream cheese takes you right into the holidays and is the perfect comfort food.
Once you start baking the easy fall dessert, your kitchen will smell like autumn–totally amazing. We wanted the smell to last forever.
And, you can’t beat the look of cream cheese swirl with pumpkin and melting chocolate chips on top.
A Decadent Treat
The decadent brownie recipe stays moist, even days after you’ve made them–that is, if you don’t eat them all first.
I do think this is one of the most delicious brownie dessert recipes I’ve ever made.
And don’t forget to take some of the brownies to the people in the office at the kid’s school, their tutoring center, or even the ladies at the nail salon.
The brownie recipe makes great gifts, and everyone will love you for it.
What Ingredients Are Needed To Make Cream Cheese Brownies With Pumpkin?
- Butter, melted
- Vegetable oil
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream cheese
- Pumpkin puree
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground ginger
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground cloves
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
Watch How To Make The Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
How To Make The Easy Brownie Recipe
- Pour the melted butter into a large mixing bowl.
- Next, add the vegetable oil, brown and white sugar, eggs, and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift the flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt and add to the wet mixture and mix well with an electric mixer.
- Add 3/4 of the chocolate chips to the brownie batter and mix.
- Spread half of the brownie batter into a 9″ x 13″ greased baking dish.
- In another medium-sized bowl, add the cream cheese and beat until creamy.
- Pour the sugar into the bowl and cream.
- Add the pumpkin puree and egg and mix.
- Next, add the cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and one tablespoon of flour. Mix well.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over the brownie mixture.
- Top with the remainder of the brownie mixture and run a knife through the batter, creating swirls.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the chocolate chips and bake the brownies for 45 to 50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
I have a lot of readers that like to follow the step-by-step pictures for the recipe, so be sure to follow below if you’d like.
Melt butter and pour it into a large mixing bowl.
Next, add the granulated sugar, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla extract to the bowl.
I usually add the eggs last, so they don’t land on the hot butter and cook a little. I have had that happen.
Or, you can let your melted butter cool off a bit before adding it to the bowl.
Add the vegetable oil and mix well.
Sift the flour, unsweetened cocoa, and salt and add to the wet mixture, and mix.
Add 3/4 of the chocolate chips to the batter and mix.
Reserve the remainder of the chocolate chips to sprinkle on the top before baking.
Spread half of the brownie batter into a greased 9″ x 13″ baking dish. This will be your bottom layer.
Keep the reserved brownie batter to the side for a few minutes.
Cream Cheese Layer
I’ve added quite a few pictures for the cream cheese layer because I messed up the first time I made these and wanted to make sure you didn’t do the same thing I did. Explanation below.
Add the cream cheese to a medium bowl and cream with the mixer.
This is where I messed up. The first time I made the recipe, I added all of the ingredients and then started mixing, and the cream cheese ended up turning into little tiny lumps.
It still tasted the same but looked a little weird.
If you cream the cream cheese first, that won’t happen.
Pour the sugar into the bowl with the cream cheese and cream together.
Next, add the pumpkin puree and an egg and mix.
Finally, add the flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves and mix well.
Spread the cream cheese pumpkin mix over the brownie mixture.
Add the remainder of the brownie batter on top of the pumpkin cream cheese mixture. This is your top layer.
Take a knife and run it through, creating swirls of cream cheese batter with pumpkin.
Sprinkle the remainder of the chocolate chips on top of the brownie batter and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
What Can You Do With Canned Pumpkin That Is Not A Pie?
There are a lot of recipes out there that use canned pumpkin, and they aren’t pie. Here are a few:
- Pumpkin Dump Cake – this is a great recipe that is perfect for parties and get-togethers.
- Pumpkin cheesecake bars – creamy pumpkin cheesecake bars are an easy recipe to make, are pretty to show, and are perfect for pumpkin season.
- Pumpkin streusel muffins – this recipe features crumbles of streusel on top, and they are so delicious right out of the oven.
- Pumpkin spice cake – the recipe creates a moist and delicious pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting.
- Pull-apart pumpkin spice bread – this is a fun recipe to make with the kids. It starts with a can of biscuits and turns out a delicious fresh pumpkin spice bread.
- Pumpkin lush from Balancing Motherhood is a great dessert for any occasion during the fall.
How To Store The Pumpkin Cream Cheese Brownies
Store your pumpkin brownies in the refrigerator in an airtight sealed container or covered with plastic wrap.
Easy Pumpkin Cream Cheese Brownies
Check out the pumpkin cream cheese brownie recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start baking! This is a great recipe for Halloween and fall parties.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your brownies on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350-degrees and grease a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter, brown and white sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Sift the flour, unsweetened cocoa, and salt and add to the wet mixture.
- Next, add 3/4 of the chocolate chips and mix them into the batter.
- Spread half of the batter into the baking dish.
Cream Cheese Pumpkin Layer
- Add the cream cheese to a bowl and cream.
- Next, pour the sugar into the bowl and mix.
- Add the pumpkin puree and egg and mix.
- Finally, add the flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves and mix.
- Pour over the brownie batter.
- Add the remainder of the brownie batter over the pumpkin mixture and run a knife through, creating swirls.
- Top with the remainder of the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
You can also line the pan with parchment paper to lift the brownies out easier after they bake and cool.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 122mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 35gProtein: 3g
Nutrition is approximate.