Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole Recipe is a super easy dinner and can be partially made in advance to make mealtime a snap. The combination of chicken, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, and buttery Ritz Crackers is sure to please.
Easy Chicken Prep
We love chicken dinners around here and I especially love dinners that are easy to make.
We tend to run around a lot from school to tutoring to after-school activities, so dinner doesn’t always get its fair share of the allotted time.
I love being able to share recipes that are easy and we don’t have to spend a lot of time on–and this is one of them.
I cooked this Ritz Cracker chicken, with sour cream, ahead of time and shredded it with my Kitchenaid stand mixer, which made life pretty easy.
I will bake the chicken while the kids are at school or on an evening when things are a little quieter and shred it and either put it in the refrigerator or freezer and pull it out when I am ready to prep and bake the meal.
This is one of those recipes that will work for shredded pork, as well.
The chicken with Ritz Crackers crumbs on top makes a tender juicy dinner with a crunchy topping, and the flavors in the dish are out of this world.
What Ingredients Do I Need for the Chicken and Ritz Cracker Casserole?
Full printable recipe list and instructions listed at the bottom of the post
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- Condensed cream of chicken soup
- Sour cream
- Dried minced onion
- Garlic salt
- Salt and pepper
- Ritz Crackers
- Butter, melted
Cook the chicken breasts and allow them to cool. Once they’ve cooled, you can shred them with a fork, your hand mixer, or in the Kitchenaid mixer–it will really make things go fast.
Place the shredded chicken in a large glass bowl.
Secondly, add the condensed cream of chicken soup. I have a great homemade version of the cream of chicken soup that is super easy to make.
Thirdly, add the sour cream to the bowl.
Fourthly, add the dried minced onions, garlic salt, salt, and pepper to the bowl and mix everything.
Sprinkle the crushed Ritz Crackers over the top of the chicken mixture.
I took one sleeve of crackers and placed them into a large Ziplock bag and crushed them.
Finally, pour the melted butter over the top of the crackers.
Bake the Ritz Cracker chicken casserole for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the crackers are nice and toasty brown and the casserole is hot all the way through.
If the chicken isn’t quite hot in the middle, but the crackers are getting brown, you can place some tinfoil over the top and allow the chicken to cook longer.
Recipe for Chicken Ritz Cracker Casserole
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 - 10.75 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. dried minced onion
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 8 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 sleeve Ritz Crackers
- Cook the chicken breasts and shred them (I always make my chicken ahead of time so it's easy to throw together at dinner time).
- Keep the oven preheated to 350-degrees.
- Add the shredded chicken breasts to a large bowl.
- Next, add the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, minced onion, garlic salt, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Place the chicken mixture in a greased casserole dish.
- Crush the Ritz Crackers in a large Ziplock bag and pour over the chicken.
- Melt the butter and pour over the crackers.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the crackers are golden brown and the chicken is hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 392Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 822mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 27g
Nutrition is approximate.
Delicious Side Dishes to Go with Dinner
- I love potato dishes and the cheesy potato recipe, funeral potatoes, or oven baked potato wedges work perfectly with this meal.
- You can also try broccoli cheese bake, corn fritters, or moist Jiffy Cornbread.
Check out more delicious recipes at: