Baked chicken and ranch dinner is honestly one of the easiest and most flavorful meals to make.
The recipe takes less than ten minutes to get in the oven and cooking so you can move on to other things.
A Very Easy Chicken Recipe
I can’t stress how easy this ranch chicken dinner is. It’s perfect for those evenings when you’ve been running all day and don’t have the energy to cook a big meal but you want to make something nutritious and flavorful.
It’s such a rich and tasty meal, too. You can add some rice or pasta on the side. My husband likes to cut up the chicken and add it to a salad for dinner.
I love eating it with some peas and potatoes on the side and pouring the wonderfully rich sour cream gravy over the top of the chicken cutlet.
You can’t ask for a more delicious dinner. And, I’ve got a picky eater and he loved this dinner.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Baked Chicken and Ranch?
- Chicken cutlets
- Sour cream
- Ranch seasoning blend
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post.
How Do I Make The Ranch Chicken Dinner?
- Add the sour cream, ranch seasoning, 3/4 cup of the parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese to a bowl and mix until well blended.
- Next, place the chicken cutlets in a greased casserole dish.
- Spread the sour cream mixture over the chicken and sprinkle the remainder of the grated parmesan cheese over the top.
- Cover the dish with tinfoil, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the tinfoil and bake for 15 more minutes or until the top is golden brown and there is a creamy sour cream gravy.
How To Make The Chicken Ranch Dinner
Grab a medium-sized bowl and add the sour cream and ranch seasoning mix.
Next, add the mozzarella and 3/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese and mix until well blended.
Place the chicken cutlets in a greased casserole dish.
I’ve made this dish with chicken breasts and chicken cutlets and I personally like it better with the cutlets because it doesn’t take as long to cook.
If you cook the chicken breasts, they will take longer to cook and the sour cream gravy will burn, so you’re better off cooking this dish with the cutlets.
I made this dinner in a 7″ x 11″ pan, but you can also use a 9″ x 13″ pan, as well.
Spread the sour cream mixture over the chicken.
It will seem like a lot of sour cream to put on the chicken, but as it cooks, it will melt down and turn into a sort of gravy.
Sprinkle the remainder of the parmesan cheese on the top.
Finally, place some tinfoil on top and bake for 45 minutes. Then, remove the tinfoil and bake 15 more minutes.
Once the dinner is done cooking, you’ll have a golden brown top and a pan full of sour cream gravy.
Just pour the gravy over the chicken and you’ve got the perfect meal.
The perfect side dishes with ranch chicken:
- The best baked macaroni and cheese recipe came from a friend and it goes perfectly with this dish.
- You can never go wrong with this Jiffy Cornbread recipe. The hacks make this the best cornbread you’ve ever eaten.
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Coleslaw is a mouthwatering side dish that you will fall in love with.
- Funeral potatoes are one of my favorite side dishes with creamy hash brown potatoes topped with buttery and crunchy Corn Flakes.
- Southern homemade butter beans can be made in a small Crock Pot and ready when dinner is.
- Corn fritters are another great recipe to cook and serve on the side of this chicken meal.
The gravy even tastes great on top of potatoes.
The chicken cooks up super tender in this recipe.
Baked Chicken and Ranch Dinner
Check out the recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start cooking! This is a flavorful and super easy recipe.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your ranch chicken dinner on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 12 oz. sour cream
- 1 oz. ranch seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese + 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a casserole dish.
- Add the sour cream, ranch seasoning, 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese, and the mozzarella cheese to a bowl and mix well.
- Place the chicken cutlets in the casserole dish and spread the sour cheese mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup parmesan cheese over the top and cover with tinfoil.
- Bake for 45 minutes and remove the tinfoil.
- Bake for 15 more minutes, or until the parmesan is golden brown and the sour cream has created a gravy.
Be careful not to overcook or the gravy will harden and burn.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 517Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 210mgSodium: 950mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 38g
Nutrition is approximate.