The baked chicken and ranch recipe is honestly one of the easiest and most flavorful meals to make and it will become a family favorite.
The recipe takes less than ten minutes to get in the oven and cooking, which is perfect for those busy weeknights. It’s definitely the easy way to do dinner.
Only A Few Minutes Of Prep
A Very Easy Chicken Recipe
I can’t stress how easy this ranch chicken recipe dinner is.
It’s perfect for those evenings when you’ve been running all day and don’t have the energy to cook a big meal but you want to make something nutritious and flavorful for the whole family.
It’s such a rich and tasty meal, too. You can add some rice or pasta on the side. My husband likes to cut up the chicken and add it to a salad for dinner.
I love eating it with some peas and potatoes on the side and pouring the wonderfully rich sour cream gravy, with ranch flavor, over the top of the chicken cutlet.
You can’t ask for a more delicious dinner. And, I’ve got a picky eater and he loved this dinner.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Crispy Baked Ranch Chicken?
- Chicken cutlets
- Sour cream
- Ranch packet of seasoning blend
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post.
How Do I Make The Ranch Chicken Dinner?
- Add the sour cream, ranch seasoning, 3/4 cup of the parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese to a bowl and mix until well blended.
- Next, place the chicken cutlets in a greased casserole dish.
- Spread the sour cream mixture over the chicken and sprinkle the remainder of the grated parmesan cheese over the top.
- Cover the dish with tinfoil, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the tinfoil and bake for 15 more minutes or until the top is golden brown and there is creamy sour cream gravy.
Step-By-Step Instructions For Chicken Ranch Dinner
Grab a medium-sized bowl and add the sour cream and ranch seasoning mix.
If you want to make some homemade ranch seasoning, give the recipe a try from My Baking Addiction.
Next, add the mozzarella and 3/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese and mix until well blended.
Place chicken cutlets in a greased casserole dish.
I’ve made this dish with chicken breasts and chicken cutlets and I personally like it better with the cutlets because it doesn’t take as long to cook.
If you cook the chicken breasts, they will take longer to cook and the sour cream gravy will burn a little, so you’re better off cooking this dish with the cutlets.
I made this dinner in a 7″ x 11″ pan, but you can use a 9″ x 13″ pan, as well. Just spray the inside with a non-stick cooking spray to keep things from sticking.
Spread the sour cream mixture over the chicken.
It will seem like a lot of sour cream to put on the chicken, but as it cooks, it will melt down and turn into a sort of gravy.
Sprinkle the remainder of the parmesan cheese on the top.
The parmesan will give the chicken a sort of crunchy crust on top when it browns.
Finally, place some tinfoil on top and bake for 45 minutes. Then, remove the tinfoil and bake for 15 more minutes.
The total cooking time is one hour.
Once the dinner is done cooking, you’ll have a golden brown top and a pan full of sour cream gravy.
Just pour the gravy over the chicken and you’ve got the perfect meal.
It has such a delicious ranch dressing flavor.
What to serve with crispy chicken and ranch:
All of these are popular recipes on the blog and taste great with the ranch chicken recipe, pork chops, or any main dish.
- The best baked macaroni and cheese recipe came from a friend and it goes perfectly with this dish.
- You can never go wrong with this Jiffy Cornbread recipe. The hacks make this the best cornbread you’ve ever eaten. It’s one of those super easy recipes.
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Coleslaw is a mouthwatering side dish that you will fall in love with.
- Funeral potatoes are one of my favorite side dishes with creamy hash brown potatoes topped with buttery and crunchy Corn Flakes.
- Southern homemade butter beans can be made in a small Crock Pot and ready when dinner is.
- Corn fritters are another great recipe to cook and serve on the side of this chicken meal.
- Roasted red potatoes – roasted red potatoes are a wonderful side for this flavorful chicken dinner.
The gravy even tastes great on top of mashed potatoes.
The chicken cooks up super tender in this recipe.
Baked Chicken and Ranch Dinner
Check out the recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start cooking! There is so much flavor in this super easy recipe, and it’s perfect for a busy night.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your ranch chicken dinner on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 12 oz. sour cream
- 1 oz. ranch seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese + 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a casserole dish.
- Add the sour cream, ranch seasoning, 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese, and the mozzarella cheese to a bowl and mix well.
- Place the chicken cutlets in the casserole dish and spread the sour cheese mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup parmesan cheese over the top and cover with tinfoil.
- Bake for 45 minutes and remove the tinfoil.
- Bake for 15 more minutes, or until the parmesan is golden brown and the sour cream has created a gravy.
Be careful not to overcook or the gravy will harden and burn.
If you have leftovers, keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 517Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 210mgSodium: 950mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 38g
Nutrition is approximate.