Experience the delightful crunch of crispy oven baked panko chicken in every bite with my Panko Breaded Chicken recipe.
Each piece is generously coated in panko breadcrumbs and baked to perfection.
This baked chicken is not just a treat for your taste buds, but also a bringing together of textures, providing a crispy exterior and a tender, juicy interior.
The Best Panko Breaded Chicken Recipe
Panko chicken is one of the easiest recipes to fix and it is bursting with flavor. Plus, you can switch out a few of the ingredients and add some variety from time to time.
Baked Panko Chicken
I can safely say it won’t take you more than five minutes to get this baked panko chicken prepped and into the oven.
It’s full of flavor and only requires a few ingredients. Plus, even your pickiest eaters will love it.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Panko Crusted Chicken?
- Chicken cutlets
- Panko breading
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Dry ranch seasoning mix
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Egg whites
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How Do I Make The Panko Breaded Chicken?
- Start by adding two egg whites to a medium-sized bowl and beating.
- In another medium-sized bowl, add the panko, ranch seasoning, grated parmesan, and shredded cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Dip the chicken cutlets into the egg whites, making sure to coat both sides.
- Next, dip the chicken into the panko mixture and coat both sides. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake.
How To Make Panko Breaded Chicken – Step-By-Step Instructions
Start by adding two egg whites to a medium-sized bowl and beating.
Next, grab another medium-sized bowl and add the panko crumbs.
You can use plain or seasoned panko crumbs for this recipe. I personally like the seasoned crumbs, because it adds just a little bit more flavor.
But, you can also add more seasoning if you’d like to.
Next, add the dry ranch seasoning mix to the bowl.
There are several ranch seasonings to choose from and I just bought the original seasoning for this recipe.
I usually buy the box of four seasoning packets because you can use them in so many recipes, such as slow cooker chicken, or a dip. And, let me tell you it adds a ton of great flavor, so they are always good to have on hand.
Add the grated parmesan to the bowl.
Parmesan cheese is another ingredient I always keep on hand. I like to use it in a lot of different recipes or on top of Italian foods.
Finally, add the shredded cheddar cheese to the bowl and mix everything well.
This recipe is enough for eight chicken cutlets. I have two hungry teenagers and they can eat a lot.
You can easily cut this recipe in half and make four chicken cutlets.
Dip the chicken into the egg whites and make sure you coat both sides.
Now, dip the chicken into the panko crumbs.
Place the chicken on a cookie sheet and sprinkle some more of the panko breadcrumb mixture on top of the chicken.
Bake the chicken for about one hour. I cook it at a lower temperature for an hour because it keeps it from burning the panko breadcrumbs.
You can also cook this in your air fryer if you have one. The time will be different in the air fryer, so be sure to check your manual.
Variations On The Classic Panko Chicken Recipe
The classic panko chicken recipe is delicious on its own, but there are lots of ways to switch things up and add some extra flavor. Here are some variations to try:
- Mix some dried herbs, such as thyme or oregano, into the flour mixture for an extra burst of flavor.
- Use seasoned panko breadcrumbs instead of plain to add some extra flavor.
- Add some hot sauce or cayenne pepper to add a spicy kick.
- Top with a cream sauce or country gravy.
Frequently Asked Questions About Panko Chicken
Q: Can I freeze panko chicken?
A: Yes, you can freeze panko chicken. Allow the chicken to cool completely before wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap and placing it in an airtight container or freezer bag. You can freeze it for up to two months. When you are ready to reheat it, bake the chicken in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through.
Q: Can I use panko breadcrumbs in other dishes?
A: Yes, panko breadcrumbs are great in other dishes. We love them around here. Try adding them as a coating for fish or vegetables, or as a binder in meatballs and meatloaf. They add a little bit more crunch to foods and are a delicious addition anytime.
What To Serve With Panko Chicken
Crispy Oven Baked Panko Chicken
Panko breadcrumbs are a delicious and great ingredient that can be used to create crispy and crunchy chicken.
By following the step-by-step instructions below in the recipe card, you can create the perfect breaded panko chicken that’s sure to be a hit at any dinner table.
And don’t be afraid to experiment with different ingredients to make this classic dish your own. So, put on your apron and get ready to create crispy, juicy, and delicious panko chicken.
- 6-8 chicken cutlets
- 2 cups seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 1 oz. package of ranch seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Add two egg whites to a medium-sized bowl and beat.
- In another bowl, add the panko breadcrumbs, ranch dressing mix, grated parmesan, and shredded cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Dip the chicken cutlet into the egg whites making sure to coat both sides, and then dip into the panko mixture.
- Place the cutlets onto a cookie sheet and bake for one hour, or until the panko is golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 433Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 157mgSodium: 777mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 38g
Nutrition is approximate.