Panko chicken is one of the easiest recipes to fix and it is bursting with flavor.
Baked Panko Chicken
I can safely say it won’t take you more than five minutes to get this baked panko chicken prepped and into the oven.
It’s full of flavor and only requires a few ingredients. Plus, even your pickiest eaters will love it.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Panko Crusted Chicken?
- Chicken cutlets
- Panko breading
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Dry ranch seasoning mix
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Egg whites
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How Do I Make The Panko Breaded Chicken?
- Start by adding two egg whites to a medium-sized bowl and beating.
- In another medium-sized bowl, add the panko, ranch seasoning, grated parmesan, and shredded cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Dip the chicken cutlets into the egg whites, making sure to coat both sides.
- Next, dip the chicken into the panko mixture and coat both sides. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake.
How To Make Panko Breaded Chicken
Start by adding two egg whites to a medium-sized bowl and beating.
Next, grab another medium-sized bowl and add the panko crumbs.
You can use plain or seasoned panko crumbs for this recipe. I personally like the seasoned crumbs, because it adds just a little bit more flavor.
But, you can also add more seasoning if you’d like to.
Next, add the dry ranch seasoning mix to the bowl.
There are several ranch seasonings to choose from and I just bought the original seasoning for this recipe.
I usually buy the box of four seasoning packets because you can use them in so many recipes, such as slow cooker chicken, or a dip. And, let me tell you it adds a ton of great flavor, so they are always good to have on hand.
Add the grated parmesan to the bowl.
Parmesan cheese is another ingredient I always keep on hand. I like to use it in a lot of different recipes or on top of Italian foods.
Finally, add the shredded cheddar cheese to the bowl and mix everything well.
This recipe is enough for eight chicken cutlets. I have two hungry teenagers and they can eat a lot.
You can easily cut this recipe in half and make four chicken cutlets.
Dip the chicken into the egg whites and make sure you coat both sides.
Now, dip the chicken into the panko crumbs.
Place the chicken on a cookie sheet and sprinkle some more of the panko breadcrumb mixture on top of the chicken.
Bake the chicken for about one hour. I cook it at a lower temperature for an hour because it keeps it from burning the panko breadcrumbs.
You can also cook this in your air fryer if you have one. The time will be different in the air fryer, so be sure to check your manual.
Panko Chicken Recipe
Check out the recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start cooking! This is a great meal for the entire family and I think you’ll really love it.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your meal on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 6-8 chicken cutlets
- 2 cups seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 1 oz. package of ranch seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Add two egg whites to a medium-sized bowl and beat.
- In another bowl, add the panko breadcrumbs, ranch dressing mix, grated parmesan, and shredded cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Dip the chicken cutlet into the egg whites making sure to coat both sides, and then dip into the panko mixture.
- Place the cutlets onto a cookie sheet and bake for one hour, or until the panko is golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 433Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 157mgSodium: 777mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 38g
Nutrition is approximate.