The recipe only requires a handful of ingredients and is filled with great flavor.
Cheesy Zucchini Casserole
This casserole recipe came from my friend, Beth, who always has the best recipes.
She is great at cooking for a lot of people, and when I am in need of something good, she is the one I call.
I took a few things about the recipe and changed them. So, it’s a versatile recipe. You can add cheddar instead of mozzarella, or forgo the breadcrumbs.
But, no matter how you make the casserole, it will turn out delicious, the whole family will love it, and it’s holiday-worthy, for sure.
Main Ingredients For Zucchini Casserole
- Zucchini slices
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brie cheese
- Heavy cream
- Minced garlic
- Italian seasonings
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Ground black pepper
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
Tools For The Recipe
- 8″ x 8″ casserole dish
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Medium-sized saucepan
- Aluminum foil
Watch How It’s Made
How Do I Make Baked Zucchini Casserole?
- Slice the zucchini and line it in a greased 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the zucchini.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, add the heavy cream, minced garlic, brie, salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings and mix. Cook until melted.
- Pour the cream mixture over the zucchini.
- Top with the remainder of the mozzarella cheese, Panko breadcrumbs, and grated parmesan cheese and cover with tin foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400-degrees with the tin foil. Remove the tin foil and bake 10 more minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
Step-By-Step Instructions For Zucchini Casserole with Panko
Spray the bottom of a casserole dish with nonstick spray.
Start by slicing the zucchini. Add the sliced zucchini to the baking dish.
For this recipe, I used an 8″ x 8″ casserole baking dish.
Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese over the zucchini and set aside.
Add the heavy cream and minced garlic to a medium saucepan on medium heat.
Next, add the brie cheese, Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper. Cook until the ingredients are melted.
I cut the top and side off of the brie and scraped into the saucepan so I didn’t have any rind in there.
Rind won’t hurt you, but I don’t like the flavor as much, so I didn’t add it in.
Pour the heavy cream mixture over the zucchini mixture.
Top with the remainder of the mozzarella cheese, Panko breadcrumbs, and parmesan cheese.
Cover the dish with tin foil and bake for 20 minutes at 400-degrees.
After 20 minutes, remove the tin foil and bake for 10 more minutes or until the top is golden brown.
The zucchini casserole recipe ends up being the perfect addition to your dinner table and features a crunchy topping over a cheesy bed of vegetables.
The recipe can be made in a variety of different ways and with different ingredients. You can use the following or switch some of the other ingredients out and replace them.
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Yellow squash
- Gruyere cheese
- Red pepper flakes
- Garlic powder
- Regular bread crumbs
- Shredded chicken breasts (and make it a main dish).
- You also have the option of making this gluten-free by using gluten-free breadcrumbs.
Other easy recipes
- Jiffy corn pudding is a great side dish for any meal.
- Loaded mashed potatoes is a cheesy side dish that is great for any occasion.
- Candied yams are super easy to make and are full of flavor.
- Ham and potato casserole can be a side dish or a meal.
- Homemade au gratin potatoes are a creamy and tasty dish.
- Butter Dip Biscuits from The Country Cook – these are an easy and delicious buttery side.
Are zucchini and summer squash the same thing?
Summer squash covers a large variety of squash. Zucchini is actually part of that family, as well as yellow squash. There are a few differences such as a thicker and waxier skin on yellow squash.
How To Store The Zucchini Casserole
You can store the casserole in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Cheesy Zucchini Casserole Recipe
The casserole is made with fresh, delicious, and simple ingredients and is a favorite comfort food.
Head down to the grocery store and be sure to stock up on the ingredients for this easy and tasty recipe.
- 3 zucchinis
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz. brie cheese (without the rind)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon Italian seasonings
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees and grease an 8" x 8" baking dish.
- Slice the zucchinis. Place zucchinis in the baking dish.
- Top with half of the mozzarella cheese over the layers of zucchini.
- In a saucepan, add the heavy cream, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasonings, and brie cheese. Cook until melted.
- Pour the creamy cheese sauce over the zucchini.
- Top with the remainder of the mozzarella cheese, Panko breadcrumbs, and parmesan cheese.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tin foil and bake another 10 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 656mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 15g
Nutrition is approximate.