Cheesy Zucchini Casserole
This casserole recipe came from my friend, Beth, who always has the best recipes. She is great at cooking for a lot of people, and when I am in need of something good, she is the one I call.
I took a few things about the recipe and changed them. So, it’s a versatile recipe. You can add cheddar instead of mozzarella, or forgo the breadcrumbs.
But, no matter how you make the casserole, it will turn out delicious and it’s holiday-worthy, for sure.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Zucchini Casserole?
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brie cheese
- Heavy cream
- Minced garlic
- Italian seasonings
- Panko breadcrumbs
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How Do I Make Baked Zucchini Casserole?
- Slice the zucchini and line it in a greased 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded mozzarella cheese over the zucchini.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, add the heavy cream, minced garlic, brie, salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings and mix. Cook until melted.
- Pour the cream mixture over the zucchini.
- Top with the remainder of the mozzarella cheese, Panko breadcrumbs, and grated parmesan cheese and cover with tin foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400-degrees with the tin foil. Remove the tin foil and bake 10 more minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
Step-By-Step Instructions For Zucchini Casserole with Panko
Start by slicing the zucchini and line the pieces in a greased 8″ x 8″ casserole baking dish.
Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese over the zucchini and set aside.
Add the heavy cream and minced garlic to a saucepan on medium heat.
Next, add the brie cheese, Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper.
I cut the top and side off of the brie and scraped into the saucepan so I didn’t have any rind in there.
Rind won’t hurt you, but I don’t like the flavor as much, so I didn’t add it in.
Pour the heavy cream mixture into the dish.
Top with the remainder of the mozzarella cheese, Panko breadcrumbs, and parmesan cheese.
Cover the dish with tin foil and bake for 20 minutes at 400-degrees. After 20 minutes, remove the tin foil and bake for 10 more minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Other delicious side dishes
- Jiffy corn pudding is a great side dish for any meal.
- Loaded mashed potatoes is a wonderful dish for the holidays.
- Candied yams are super easy to make and are full of flavor.
- Ham and potato casserole can be a side dish or a meal.
- Homemade au gratin potatoes are a creamy and tasty dish.
Zucchini Casserole Recipe
Check out the recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start cooking! This is a great side dish and I think you’ll really love it.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your zucchini casserole on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 3 zucchinis
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz. brie cheese (without the rind)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp. Italian seasonings
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees and grease an 8" x 8" baking dish.
- Slice the zucchinis and line the baking dish.
- Top with half of the mozzarella cheese and set aside.
- In a saucepan, add the heavy cream, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasonings, and brie cheese. Cook until melted.
- Pour over the zucchini.
- Top with the remainder of the mozzarella cheese, Panko breadcrumbs, and parmesan cheese.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tin foil and bake another 10 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 656mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 15g
Nutrition is approximate.