Chocolate chip cookie bars with toffee are easy to make, chewy on the inside, and the perfect dessert any time of year.
The easy cookie bars only require a few simple ingredients for a wonderful treat.
This is one of the most simple recipes; furthermore, one of the best things about this recipe is that you can put the entire batter into a 13″ x 9″ glass casserole dish and bake them all at once.
There are a lot of ways to make cookie bars, including cake mix, but these only require a few ingredients, and most people already have everything at home. And these come out chewy and gooey and not crumbly.
Ingredients For Toffee Chocolate Chip Bars
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Melted butter
- Light brown sugar, packed
- Chocolate chips
- Toffee bits
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How To Make Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars with Toffee
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to a mixing bowl. Sift and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and combine.
- Add the chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Mix and spread into a greased 13″ x 9″ baking dish.
- Cool and cut the chocolate chip toffee bars.
Start by sifting the dry ingredients.
I have a strainer that works well for sifting. I place it over the bowl and add the flour.
Next, I add baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the flour.
I sift everything through the sifter/strainer and set aside until I am ready to use it.
Melt the butter in the microwave and pour it into a large bowl.
Next, you’re going to add the brown sugar and then mix together what you’ve got in the bowl.
Most typical cookie recipes call for white sugar, but not these cookie bars with chocolate chips. The brown sugar gives them a touch of a deeper flavor. Not so much that you really take notice, but there’s a hint of it.
Add the eggs to the mix and mix everything together, so far.
Then, combine flour mixture and the wet mixture. I add a little bit at a time and incorporate with a mixer until all of the flour has been added.
It’s going to be a little thinner consistency than regular chocolate chip cookies. It won’t be quite as thick. But, it will rise and cook perfectly.
Once you’ve added the flour and mixed everything together, add the chocolate chips.
And the toffee bits. These are going to give the cookie bars with chocolate chips some crunch. Plus, they taste amazing.
You can purchase the bag of bits in the grocery store right near the chocolate chips. They are already in bits, so there’s no work to do.
Once you get it all in the bowl, stir everything together.
Finally, grease a 13″ x 9″ dish with butter or nonstick cooking spray. Spread the cookies out in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips and toffee bits on top for good measure.
Bake them for about 25 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean.
I was waiting for the insides to finish cooking, and I really thought I had burnt the edges of the cookie bar recipe, but they were actually perfect on the edges.
They were a little bit chewy, like you would see on the edge of brownies, and they tasted perfect.
Every now and then, I like to switch out some of the ingredients and give them different flavors. Here are some ideas.
- Dark chocolate chips
- Bits of Heath bars
- Dark brown sugar (instead of light for a deeper flavor).
- Browned butter – this also gives the bars a deeper flavor.
- Chocolate chunks – I like to take a Hershey’s bar and break it into chunks.
- Milk chocolate chips
- White chocolate chips
- Peanut butter chips
- Mini chocolate chips
Easy Chocolate Chip Bars With Toffee
Be sure to get the recipe for the rich and decadent chocolate toffee bars. The recipe is so easy to make and versatile, and the end result is a chewy, gooey, flavorful bar.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup melted butter (two sticks)
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13" x 9" baking casserole dish with butter or nonstick spray.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and add to a large bowl. Add the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla and mix together.
- Add the flour mixture, a little bit at a time, until completely mixed together.
- Add the chocolate chips and toffee bits and mix with a spatula.
- Spread into the greased baking pan and sprinkle a few more extra chocolate chips and toffee bits on top.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. The bars will be golden brown on top.
- Let cool for at least one hour.
Store the chocolate chip toffee cookie bars in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap. The bars do not have to be refrigerated.
If you want to lift the bars out after baking, line the pan with parchment paper before adding the batter. After baking and cooling, the bars will lift right out.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 201mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 2g
Nutrition is approximate.
Easy and Creamy Chocolate Chip Party Dip