Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars with Toffee are easy to make, chewy on the inside, and the perfect dessert any time of year. The easy cookie bars only require a few basic ingredients for a wonderful treat.
I love chocolate chip cookies, and decided to make some chocolate chip cookie bars for a friend the other day and loved how these turned out.
This is one of the most simple recipes; furthermore, one of the best things about this recipe is that you can put the entire batter into a 13″ x 9″ glass casserole dish and bake them all at once.
There are a lot of ways to make the cookie bars including cake mix, but these only require a few ingredients, and most people already have everything at home. And, these come out chewy and gooey and not crumbly.
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars with Toffee
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and combine.
- Add the chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Mix and spread into a greased 13″ x 9″ baking dish.
- Cool and cut.
Recipe and printable instructions listed below
Start by sifting the dry ingredients. I have a strainer that works well for sifting. I place it over the bowl and add the flour.
Next, I add the baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the flour. I sift everything through the sifter/strainer and set aside until I am ready to use it.
Melt the butter in the microwave and pour it into a large bowl. I love the smell of melted butter. It’s such a happy, comfort-kind-of-smell.
Next, you’re going to add the brown sugar and then mix together what you’ve got in the bowl.
Most typical cookie recipes call for white sugar, but not these cookie bars with chocolate chips. The brown sugar gives them a touch of a deeper flavor. Not so much that you really take notice, but there’s a hint of it.
Add the eggs to the mix and mix everything together, so far.
Then, add the flour mixture to the bowl and mix. I add a little bit at a time and incorporate with a mixer until all of the flour has been added.
It’s going to be a little thinner of a consistency than regular chocolate chip cookies. It won’t be quite as thick. But, it will rise and cook perfectly.
Once you’ve added the flour and mixed everything together, add the chocolate chips.
And the toffee bits. These are going to give the cookie bars with chocolate chips some crunch. Plus, they taste amazing. You can purchase the bag of bits in the grocery store right near the chocolate chips. They are already in bits, so there’s no work to do.
Once you get it all in the bowl, stir everything well.
Finally, grease a 13″ x 9″ dish and spread the cookies out. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips and toffee bits on top for good measure.
Bake them for about 25 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean.
I was waiting for the insides to finish cooking and I really thought I had burnt the edges of the cookie bar recipe, but they were actually perfect on the edges. They were a little bit chewy like you would see on the edge of brownies, and they tasted perfect.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup melted butter (two sticks)
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Grease 13" x 9" baking casserole dish.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and add to a large bowl. Add the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla and mix together.
- Add the flour mixture, a little bit at a time, until completely mixed together.
- Add the chocolate chips and toffee bits and mix with a spatula.
- Spread into the greased pan and sprinkle a few more chocolate chips and toffee bits on top.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least one hour.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 2g
Nutrition is approximate.
Easy and Creamy Chocolate Chip Party Dip
Check out more recipes at