I’ve got a wonderful recipe for you when you’re craving something sweet.
These chewy chocolate chip cookie bars are a definite answer to your desssert prayers. Golden brown on top with a divine texture within, the melty chocolate chips and sugary sweet flavors all come together.
A Great Recipe For Any Occasion
It’s the perfect recipe to whip up for treats for the kids or an easy dessert you can make for any occasion.
They are great to give away as gifts or for that party you’re going to for the holidays.
The chocolate chip cookie bar recipe takes less time because you’re not rolling out cookies or waiting for the next batch to bake.
The center comes out nice and soft with a crispy top.
Ingredients for Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
To make these chewy chocolate chip bars, you’ll first need to ensure that your butter and eggs are at room temperature. This ensures even mixing.
For the baking part, grab a 9 x 9-inch baking dish for the perfect size bars. The baking dish will make thicker bars.
If you want them thinner, you can use a larger baking dish. However, watch the time as the bars will cook faster.
If you want these chewy cookie bars to come out of the pan with ease, line it with parchment paper, allowing it to stick up a bit from the edges. The overhang makes pulling them out of the pan a breeze.
If you don’t have parchment paper, that’s fine. Just make sure you grease the pan with some nonstick cooking spray or butter.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Softened butter
- Light Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
Gather your ingredients.
In a large mixing bowl, add the softened butter, along with the brown and granulated sugar. Use an electric mixer or hand mixer to beat until creamy.
Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the wet ingredients. Beat again until mixed, then set aside.
In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients—the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, using a rubber spatula.
Gradually integrate the flour mixture into the wet batter, adding in 3-cup batches. Beat until just combined to avoid overmixing.
Gently fold in the chocolate chips and, if desired, some chocolate chunks or white chocolate chips for added flavor.
Transfer the dough to the prepared baking pan lined with parchment paper, spreading it in an even layer.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top turns golden brown. You may want to check around the 25-minute mark to ensure the perfect baking time.
Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
Using the parchment paper, lift out the entire block and place it on a cooling rack. Once cooled, cut into nine squares for the perfect serving size.
Additional Tips for the Best Chocolate Chip Bars
- If you love the combination of sweet and salty, sprinkle some flaky sea salt on top before baking.
- For a different twist, try using dark brown sugar or even adding peanut butter chips or dark chocolate chips to the mix.
- Consider using brown butter instead of regular unsalted butter for a richer flavor.
- And the best part? You can top these bars with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an even more indulgent treat.
- If you make a bigger batch, store the extra bars in an airtight container at room temperature. You can leave them in the container for up to a week or freeze them for up to six weeks.
- Did the edges rise on your cookie bars? This will be because too much air was added during mixing. That’s why it’s important only to mix the eggs until just combined.
More Delicious Cookie Bars
- Christmas cookie bars from Crazy For Crust
- Caramel cheesecake bars
- Chocolate chip toffee bars
- Cream cheese brownie bars with pumpkin
This easy chocolate chip cookie bars recipe is a delightful twist on traditional chocolate chip cookie recipes.
Whether for bake sales, family gatherings, or just a simple dessert after dinner, these bars are always a good idea. They combine the convenience of bar cookies with the beloved flavor of classic chocolate chip cookies.
So, next time you have a sweet craving, remember this chocolate chip cookie bar recipe. It might just become your go-to for many occasions in the future!
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9 x 9-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add the butter to the bowl of a stand mixer, along with the brown and granulated sugar.
- Beat until creamy, then add the eggs and vanilla. Beat again until mixed, then set aside (do not overmix).
- In another bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix with a wire whisk.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet in three-cup batches. Beating until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a 9 x 9-inch baking pan lined with parchment paper. Level out the batter with the back of your spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove and allow the bars to cool in the pan before lifting out with the parchment paper to cut into nine squares.
- If you don't have parchment paper, that is fine. Just make sure you grease the pan with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- Check after 25 minutes to see if the top of the cookies is golden brown. They may not need a full 30 minutes of baking time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 606Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 429mgCarbohydrates: 87gFiber: 2gSugar: 53gProtein: 7g
Nutrition is approximate.