Whoever said baking had to be complicated? I’ve stumbled across the easiest cookie recipe that’s about to change your baking game forever.
Just Like Classic Sugar Cookies
The Best Part? It’s A Super Easy Cookie Recipe
Now, I’ve seen a lot of recipes that claim to be “easy,” but this easy sugar cookie recipe is genuinely the most straightforward I’ve come across.
If you’re someone who loves easy recipes but doesn’t want to compromise on that classic sugar cookie taste, then this is for you.
Ingredients You Will Need
- Softened butter
- Granulated white sugar
- All-purpose flour
- And a bonus ingredient: Vanilla extract. Okay, okay, technically, that’s a fourth ingredient, but trust me, a little extract takes these cookies to the next level!
Step-By-Step Instructions for Making the 3-Ingredient Sugar Cookies Recipe
Grab a large bowl and mix the sugar and softened butter. You can use a spoon, but if you have an electric mixer or a hand mixer, it makes things even easier.
Blend until you achieve a pale yellow, creamy texture like in the picture above.
Stir in the vanilla extract. It may seem like a small batch of liquid, but this special ingredient elevates the flavor of your cookies!
Now, add the flour.
Here’s a tip: don’t dump all the flour in at once. Using your hand mixer (or some elbow grease), combine until well mixed.
At first, the dough might seem a bit crumbly, but don’t worry.
Divide that ball of dough in two and shape each half into a log about two inches in diameter.
Feeling festive? Roll out some plastic wrap, sprinkle holiday sprinkles in the middle, and roll one log until it’s coated in sprinkles. You can keep the other log classic and plain.
Wrap both logs tightly in plastic wrap and let them chill in the fridge for about 90 minutes.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. While it’s heating up, line a baking sheet with parchment paper (it ensures the cookies won’t stick and gives the best results).
Pop them onto your prepared baking sheet and let them bake until they’re golden brown around the edges. This should take about 12-15 minutes.
Once baked, let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before moving them over to the wire rack.
Now, the best part is the tasting! These cookies have crisp edges and a chewy texture in the middle. A total win in my book.
A Few Tips for the Best Sugar Cookies:
- If you have leftover cookies (which I doubt you will!), store them in an airtight container to keep them fresh.
- Want to experiment next time? Almond extract can be a great addition for a slightly different flavor.
- And hey, if you’re a social media enthusiast like me, don’t forget to snap a pic of your baked masterpieces and share them. These cookies are not just delicious; they’re pretty photogenic too!
More Delicious Desserts
- Mom’s M&M cookies from The Culinary Compass
- Chocolate crinkle cookies
- Snickerdoodle cookie bars (these are so good)
- Easy white chocolate chip cookies
- Million dollar fudge recipe
These are the simplest, most delicious sugar cookies you can make with some basic pantry staples.
Whether you’re baking for a special occasion or just wanting to eat something sweet, these 3-ingredient sugar cookies are always a good choice.
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix the sugar and butter with a spoon or hand mixer until thoroughly combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well (optional).
- Using a hand mixer, add the flour until well combined. The dough will be crumbly.
- Knead dough until it is smooth (use hands if needed).
- Divide the dough into half and shape into a log two inches in diameter.
- Roll out plastic wrap and pour holiday sprinkles in the middle. Take one log and roll in sprinkles, covering all sides. Tightly wrap the dough in plastic wrap.
- Wrap the other dough log in plastic wrap without sprinkles.
- Refrigerate the dough for 90 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the dough into ½-inch thick cookies. Add sprinkles to the plain dough once sliced.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly on the baking sheet before serving or moving to a wire rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
Nutrition is approximate.