This Cranberry Salad recipe is a great recipe for the holidays or even a picnic during the hot summer months.
The combination of marshmallows, fruit, fresh cranberries, and pecans is a recipe you’ll fall in love with.
A Cranberry Citrus Salad
My husband was so excited for me to make this fresh cranberry salad recipe for you.
My wonderful sister-in-law has made it around the holidays for years. However, this recipe uses the same ingredients but I made it a little differently than she does.
I actually messed up on her recipe, and the hubs liked how it turned out, so I wanted to share. I’ll still make her recipe and share with you because hers is the perfect Cranberry Salad.
John brags on my SIL all the time, and he loves so many of her recipes. But, this might be one of his favorites.
Recipe and printable instructions listed below
Start by adding the cranberries to the Cuisinart. If you don’t have a Cuisinart, you can use a blender or Ninja. Don’t you love the red color? So festive.
Pour the sugar over the top of the cranberries.
Grind up the cranberries.
You could almost make a salad out of this alone. You could top your ice cream, or just eat it with a spoon. Pour the cranberry sugar mixture into another bowl and set aside. It can marinate in the sugar for a little bit.
Rinse out the Cuisinart and move on to the next step.
Add the apples to the Cuisinart and blend until they are almost mashed.
Get the oranges cut up and ready to grind and peel. I had to throw this picture in because it’s so colorful.
Add the oranges and the rest of the apples to the Cuisinart. Get everything ground up. You can be assured you’ll be getting your fiber for the week.
Everything should be ground up at this point. When my sis-in-law makes hers, she doesn’t grind things up this much. Grinding the fruit up this much will make things much more liquidy.
Grab a large bowl and add the Jell-O to the bowl. Pour in a cup of hot water and mix it up. Then add a cup of cold water.
Add the mashed fruit, cranberry, and crushed pineapple to the Jell-O. Mix everything together.
Add the pecans to the salad and mix together.
You can use walnuts if you don’t have any pecans.
I personally like pecans better, and that’s what I had in the cabinet. My sis-in-law likes walnuts better, so if you are a walnut fan, you can use those.
Add the marshmallows to the salad. Mix everything together. I gotta say, marshmallows seem to make everything better, don’t they?
Allow your salad to sit in the refrigerator for at least five or six hours. I left mine in the fridge overnight. It’s not going to completely jell like Jell-O, but it will firm up a little bit.
More Holiday Recipes
- The best candied sweet potato casserole
- Homemade canned cranberry sauce
- Homemade gravy from drippings
- Crock Pot Whole Thanksgiving turkey
- Macaroni pudding from Southern Living
This Cranberry Salad recipe is a great recipe for the holidays or even a picnic during the hot summer months. The combination of marshmallows, fruit, fresh cranberries, and pecans is a recipe you'll fall in love with.
- 12 ounces of fresh cranberries
- 2 cup sugar
- 0.3 ounce package Sugar-Free Lemon Jell-O
- 4 apples (sliced with peel)
- 1 orange (sliced with peel)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 cup pecans (crushed)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups water
- Combine the cranberries and sugar in the Cuisinart. Grind until liquid. Pour into a large bowl and set aside. Rinse out Cuisinart.
- Add the apples to the Cuisinart and grind until mashed.
- Add the orange to the Cuisinart and grind. Grind until mashed.
- In a large bowl, add the Jell-O powder. Add one cup of boiling water and mix. Add one cup of cold water and mix.
- Add the apple and orange mixture and cranberry and sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Add the crushed pineapple, pecans, and mini marshmallows and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
The salad will not fully jell. It will still be liquidy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 cups Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432Total Fat: 5.7gSaturated Fat: 0.5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 94.3gFiber: 2.1gSugar: 74.9gProtein: 4.4g