Who doesn’t love a delicious and easy breakfast? And what’s better than starting one of your busy mornings with tasty, crispy French toast sticks for the whole family?
But what if I told you that you could make them even better? I’m talking about making mouth-watering frozen French toast sticks in your air fryer. Forget the regular oven.
The recipe is perfect for a quick breakfast. And trust me, the kids will set down the games and come running.
The Perfect Breakfast Recipe
In this step-by-step guide, I’m going to show you how to add this easy breakfast option to your morning rotations. The French toast sticks are crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and bursting with flavor.
Whether you’re a busy mom, a college student, or just someone who loves a delicious breakfast, this recipe is for you.
You can buy the French toast sticks already in stick form in the freezer section of your local grocery store.
So, grab your air fryer, and let’s get started on making the most delicious French toast sticks you’ve ever tasted!
Why Use An Air Fryer? What Are The Benefits?
Air fryer cooks love their air fryers, and there are some great reasons. Here are a few:
- They are healthier than deep frying your food.
- You can make things in a variety of ways in the air fryer.
- They are perfect for cooking up frozen food quicker and easier than a standard oven.
- They won’t heat up the kitchen like an oven will.
- You can place things in the air fryer while they are still frozen, which can save some time.
- It’s much faster than a traditional oven.
Ingredients For Frozen French Toast Sticks In The Air Fryer
- Frozen French toast sticks (any variety)
- Olive oil spray
- Air fryer liners (optional)
- Maple Syrup
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How To Make The Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper liner.
- Remove French toast sticks from the package and spray them with olive oil spray.
- Place a single layer of frozen sticks in the basket, leaving space between each one. (You may have to do this in several batches if you are making quite a few).
- Air fry at 400 degrees for five minutes or until golden brown and you have crispy edges, flipping halfway through.
Get a few sticks out of the freezer bag and start by spraying each French toast stick with olive oil spray. I like to use the cooking oil spray.
Line the air fryer with parchment paper if you have it. If not, that’s ok. The parchment paper just makes it easier to clean up.
Place the French toast sticks in the air fryer with enough space between each one.
You’ll want the air to circulate between each piece to get those crispy edges.
The amount you can put into the tray will depend on the size of your air fryer. Some are larger than others, so just make sure there’s airflow between each stick.
Cook the French toast sticks for five minutes, flipping each of them halfway through.
Once they are crispy and hot, they are done.
TIP: For softer, less crispy sticks, lower the temp to 370 degrees and cook for six minutes, flipping halfway through.
Tips For Getting The Perfect Texture And Flavor
While this recipe is very simple, there are a few things you can do to ensure that your frozen French toast sticks turn out just right.
- Preheat the air fryer before you start cooking the French toast sticks. This helps them come out crispy and cook evenly.
- Don’t put too many sticks in the air fryer basket. Make sure that the French toast sticks are arranged in a single layer with plenty of space between them. This helps the hot air circulate around them.
- Make sure you flip the French toast sticks halfway through cooking so that they cook evenly on both sides.
- Use cooking spray to help the French toast sticks turn out crispy and golden brown. I like to use olive oil spray because it’s healthier than vegetable oil.
- Serve the French toast sticks as soon as you cook them so they will be crispy and fresh.
What To Serve With French Toast Dipping Sticks
Here are a few options to serve with your French toast sticks.
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
- Peanut butter
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate sauce
- Fresh fruit
- Or any of your favorite toppings.
- Add some biscuits and gravy on the side from Julia’s Simply Southern.
How To Store Leftovers
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Frozen French toast sticks in the air fryer are perfect for those busy mornings or lazy Saturdays. The cooking time is short, and you won’t have a lot of dishes to clean up.
Variations For Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
One of the great things about this recipe is that it’s incredibly versatile. Here are a few things that you can try:
- Use cinnamon French toast sticks instead of regular bread for a different flavor. Just sprinkle a little sugar on top after spraying with olive oil to get the cinnamon sugar flavor going.
- Serve the French toast sticks with more breakfast foods for a potluck for gathering.
- Try different dipping sauces to find your favorite flavors.
- There are different brands of frozen French toast at the grocery store to try a different type of stick.
The French toast stick recipe is a fun alternative to traditional French toast, and you only have a few simple steps for this very simple recipe.
The entire family will love the recipe and come running in for breakfast every single time.
- 16-ounce box of frozen French toast sticks
- Nonstick cooking spray (I like olive oil nonstick cooking spray)
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- Preheat the air fryer.
- Spray the French toast sticks with nonstick cooking spray (I used olive oil) and place in the air fryer, making sure there is space between each one.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for five minutes, turning the sticks halfway through (be careful they will be hot).
The nutritional information will depend on how many sticks you cook.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 655Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 611mgCarbohydrates: 98gFiber: 2gSugar: 48gProtein: 9g
Nutrition is approximate.