Easy chocolate cream pie really is just that – easy. With a graham cracker crust, creamy chocolate center, and a whipped topping, it’s a dessert that is worthy of being on any holiday table.
Jello Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
The pie is made out of Jello pudding, whipped topping, and a pre-made graham cracker crust for a very easy dessert.
The budget-friendly chocolate cream pie was a huge hit in our house and it didn’t last long at all.
If you’re looking for more pie recipes for the holidays, give this homemade chocolate pie a try (my grandmother used to make it for me all the time), chocolate chess pie, or sweetened condensed milk chocolate pie for a rich and decadent treat that everyone will love.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Chocolate Cream Pie?
- Chocolate Jello pudding
- Pre-made graham cracker crust
- Whipped topping
- Hershey bar to add chocolate shavings on top (optional)
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How Do I Make The Chocolate Cream Pie?
- Add the instant Jello and cold milk to a large bowl and mix for about one to two minutes.
- Pour the Jello pudding into the graham cracker crust and place in the refrigerator for at least one to two hours to help thicken the pudding.
- When you’re ready to eat the pie, add the whipped topping and chocolate shavings and serve.
No-Bake Chocolate Cream Pie
This really is a wonderful pie, especially during those times when you don’t have time to make a pie from scratch or have other recipes that you would like to spend more time on.
The pie is not only great for holidays, but summertime as well because you don’t have to heat up the oven…or the kitchen.
Start by adding the instant pudding to a large bowl.
Next, pour the cold milk into the bowl and mix with a hand mixer for about one to two minutes until the pudding starts to thicken.
Pour the pudding into the graham cracker crust and place in the refrigerator for at least one to two hours, or until the pudding is thick.
You can add two packets of pudding for this pie if you’d like more chocolate than whipped topping. I used one and that worked out perfectly for us, but you can always add more if you’d like to.
When you’re ready to serve the pie, add the whipped topping.
I bought an eight-ounce container of generic Cool Whip at Publix for the pie.
I also bought a Hershey’s chocolate bar and grated a small amount of chocolate over the pie to add a little bit more chocolatey flavor and to make it pretty.
Tips for making the easy chocolate cream pie
Don’t add the whipped topping until you are ready to serve the pie, because it will flatten a little over time and not look as pretty.
You can also make meringue for the pie if you’d like that instead of whipped topping. Here’s a great meringue recipe from Add-a-pinch.
Other delicious desserts:
- New York-style cheesecake is a traditional and classic dessert that everyone will love.
- Chocolate frosting fudge only requires two ingredients for a mouthwatering dessert.
- Butter pecan fudge is wildly popular and amazingly delicious.
- Chocolate fudge with marshmallow creme is an easy dessert that everyone goes crazy over during the holidays.
- Pecan pie cheesecake bars are always a hit with everyone at the party.
Easy Chocolate Cream Pie
Check out the easy chocolate cream pie recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start cooking! This is a great addition to any meal.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your pie on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 1 - 3.4 oz. box instant chocolate Jell-O Pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 9-inch graham cracker crust
- 8 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Hershey chocolate bar for shavings (optional)
- Add the instant pudding to a large bowl, along with the milk, and mix until thick.
- Pour the pudding into the pie shell and refrigerate for one to two hours.
- When ready to serve, add the whipped topping and chocolate shavings on the top of the pie.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 281Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g
Nutrition is approximate.