Easy no bake chocolate cream pie recipe really is just that – easy.
With a graham cracker crust, creamy chocolate center, and a whipped topping, it’s a dessert that is worthy of being on any holiday table.
The pie recipe is perfect for chocolate lovers and only requires a few simple ingredients.
Jello Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
The pie is made out of Jello pudding, whipped topping, and a pre-made graham cracker crust for a very easy dessert.
The budget-friendly chocolate cream pie was a huge hit in our house and it didn’t last long at all.
If you’re looking for more pie recipes for the holidays, give this homemade chocolate pie a try (my grandmother used to make it for me all the time), chocolate chess pie, or sweetened condensed milk chocolate pie for a rich and decadent treat that everyone will love.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Chocolate Cream Pie?
- Chocolate Jello pudding
- Pre-made graham cracker crust
- Whipped topping
- Hershey bar to add chocolate shavings on top (optional)
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
Watch How To Make No Bake
How Do I Make The Chocolate Cream Pie?
- Add the instant Jello and cold milk to a large bowl and mix for about one to two minutes.
- Pour the Jello pudding into the graham cracker crust and place in the refrigerator for at least one to two hours to help thicken the pudding.
- When you’re ready to eat the pie, add the whipped topping and chocolate shavings and serve.
No-Bake Chocolate Cream Pie
This really is a wonderful pie, especially during those times when you don’t have time to make a pie from scratch or have other recipes that you would like to spend more time on.
The pie is not only great for holidays, but summertime as well because you don’t have to heat up the oven…or the kitchen.
Step-By-Step Instructions For The Pie Filling
Start by adding the instant chocolate pudding mix to a large mixing bowl.
Next, pour the cold milk into the bowl and mix with a hand mixer for about one to two minutes until the pudding starts to thicken.
For this recipe, you can use any type of milk. Whole milk will make it taste creamier, and skim will save on calories and fat. Either way it will taste delicious.
Pour the chocolate pudding filling into the graham cracker pie crust and place in the refrigerator for at least one to two hours, or until the pudding is thick.
You can add two packets of pudding for this pie if you’d like more chocolate than whipped topping.
I used one and that worked out perfectly for us, but you can always add more if you’d like to.
When you’re ready to serve the pie, add the whipped topping.
I bought an eight-ounce container of generic Cool Whip at Publix for the pie.
I also bought a Hershey’s chocolate bar and grated a small amount of chocolate over the pie to add a little bit more chocolatey flavor and to make it pretty.
If you’re creative, you can turn the Hershey bar into some chocolate curls.
You can also sprinkle a little cocoa powder or some chocolate chips right on top.
Or, drizzle some melted chocolate over the top of a slice of pie you’re ready to serve.
More Tasty Pies
- Lemon cream pie
- The best peanut butter pie recipe
- Easy pecan pie bars recipe
- 25 of the best Thanksgiving pies
Tips For Making The Easy Chocolate Cream Pie
- Don’t add the whipped topping until you are ready to serve the pie, because it will flatten a little over time and not look as pretty.
- You can also make meringue for the pie if you’d like that instead of whipped topping. Here’s a great meringue recipe from Add-a-pinch.
The great thing about the chocolate pudding pie is that you can switch out the crusts. Here are a few ideas:
- Oreo crust
- Whole Nilla Wafers
- Crushed Nilla Wafers with melted butter
- Cooked pie crust
- Crushed chocolate cookie crust with melted butter
- Homemade crust with butter and shortening
Other Delicious Desserts
Be sure to check out these recipes. They are some of my favorite recipes on the blog.
- New York-style cheesecake is a traditional and classic dessert that everyone will love.
- Chocolate frosting fudge only requires two ingredients for a mouthwatering dessert.
- Butter pecan fudge is wildly popular and amazingly delicious.
- Chocolate fudge with marshmallow creme is an easy dessert that everyone goes crazy over during the holidays.
- Pecan pie cheesecake bars are always a hit with everyone at the party.
What Is The Easiest Pie To Make For A Beginner?
Chocolate cream pie is one of the easiest pies to make. You can switch out the pudding flavor and have a different pie each time.
Plus, the recipe is topped with Cool Whip and it’s easy to spread and eat!
Chocolate Desserts You’ll Love
- Chocolate peanut butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Ghirardelli White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Recipe
- Easy Sweetened Condensed Milk Chocolate Pie
- Chocolate And Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
Easy Chocolate Cream Pie With Plenty Of Chocolate Flavor
Easy no bake chocolate cream pie recipe is a chocolate lover’s dream.
The recipe is perfect for a fun afternoon or during the holiday season.
The rich chocolate pie is a fantastic addition to any dessert table. Be sure to get the recipe below and make your short list for the grocery store.
It’s the perfect chocolate pie.
- 1 - 3.4 oz. box instant chocolate Jell-O Pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 9-inch graham cracker crust
- 8 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Hershey chocolate bar for shavings (optional)
- Add the instant pudding to a large bowl, along with the milk, and mix until thick.
- Pour the pudding into the pie shell and refrigerate for one to two hours.
- When ready to serve, add the whipped topping and chocolate shavings on the top of the pie.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 281Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g
Nutrition is approximate.
Find more delicious recipes at Julia’s Simply Southern