Candied Pecan Dessert Bars are a wonderful holiday treat and are one of my favorite pecan recipes. The dessert features candied glazed pecans and a gooey pecan pie center with a sweet and flaky shortbread type crust.
These are perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas (or pretty much anytime you want to eat a dessert).
Candied Pecan Dessert Bars are a special treat for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. Once September first hits, I am ready for anything fall related–and they sure fit the bill.
They are pretty easy to make, and the shortbread crust is almost good enough to eat on its own. Well, let’s rephrase, it’s definitely good enough to eat on it’s own, but the added gooey center and candied pecans on top sure make it a happy, happy dessert.
I made the bars in a 9″ x 9″ pan because I like my treats to be pretty thick, but you could easily make these in an 11″ x 7″ pan, as well.
Recipe and printable instructions listed at the bottom of the post.
I started out by chopping up 1/3 cup of pecans in my Cuisinart. If you don’t have a Cuisinart, you can chop the pecans with a knife.
In a separate bowl, mix the all-purpose flour with the softened butter.
Add the sugar and chopped pecans and mix well. The crust is such a treat. It really doesn’t look that special, but it was tough to not eat the dough.
The dough is a tiny bit dry, and that’s ok. It will press down in the baking dish just fine.
Press the dough into a greased baking dish. I love my stoneware. The stoneware seems to heat evenly, and I rarely burn things on the bottom.
Bake the crust for about 18-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown around the edges.
Next, add the eggs to a medium-sized bowl and beat them. Add the corn syrup to the mix.
Add the all-purpose flour, brown sugar, salt, and the vanilla and mix well.
Add the pecans and mix them in, and then pour them on top of the shortbread crust.
When it cooks, just like a pecan pie, most of the pecans will float up toward the top, making the middle gooey, and oh-so-delicious.
Bake for 35-45 minutes at 350-degrees. When the center is barely wiggly, it is done. You don’t want it to wiggle much at all.
Let it cool some on the counter and then refrigerate. You will be able to cut the squares into nice clean pieces after it cools in the refrigerator. They are like little pecan pie bars that you can walk around with. Soooo good.
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 sticks butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Mix the flour and softened butter in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the sugar and pecans and mix.
- Press into a 9" x 9" greased casserole dish. (You can use an 11" X 7" dish, as well. They will be thicker bars with the 9" x 9" dish).
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until edges of crust are golden brown.
- Mix the eggs in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the corn syrup, brown sugar, all-purpose flour, salt, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the pecans and mix well.
- Pour over the shortbread crust.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes at 350-degrees, or until filling is set (barely wiggly in the center).
- Cool and refrigerate, then cut into squares.
- Pampered Chef Mix N Scraper #1657
- Duralex 100009 Made In France Lys Stackable 9-Piece Bowl Set
- PAMPERED CHEF SQUARE BAKER #1363 TAUPE - NEW OUT 2011 - 9 X 9
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 piece
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 197 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 56mg Sodium: 206mg Carbohydrates: 31g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 15g Protein: 2g
Check out more delicious recipes at: