This post may contain affiliate links
I can pretty much eat anything that has cream cheese in it. Growing up in Denver, we would leave our high school campus (we were allowed to :)) and eat at a place called La Petite Boulangerie. They had the most scrumptious bagels and a cream cheese croissant that was to die for. I lived for lunchtime (well, I still do).
Since I made this cream cheese coffee cake, the neighborhood kids have walked through several times asking for another piece. It’s some pretty good stuff. It makes a delicious treat for a potluck, any type of party, or for a dessert at home. You may want to keep it all to yourself. The cream cheese coffee cake tastes amazing warmed up, as well.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 stick butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 - 8 oz. packages of cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp. butter (cold)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Spray a 9" x 13" cake pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs, and sour cream. Mix until combined well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and blend well.
- Add half of the mixture to the cake pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the cream cheese, vanilla, sugar, and egg. Mix until blended.
- Add spoonfuls of the mixture on top of the cake batter.
- Spread the remaining cake batter on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Take a knife and marble it through the mixture.
- Mix the butter, sugar, and flour together with a fork, until it is in small crumbles.
- Place it on top of the cake and cream cheese.
- Cook for approximately 45-minutes, or until knife comes out clean.
- Mix the powdered sugar and the milk until you get a creamy glaze. You can add as much powdered sugar or milk as needed. It should reach a semi-runny consistency.
- Pour over the cake after it has cooled.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 412Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 322mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 7g
Nutrition is approximate.