This post may contain affiliate links
I can pretty much eat anything that has cream cheese in it. Growing up in Denver, we would leave our high school campus (we were allowed to :)) and eat at a place called La Petite Boulangerie. They had the most scrumptious bagels and a cream cheese croissant that was to die for. I lived for lunchtime (well, I still do).
Since I made this cream cheese coffee cake, the neighborhood kids have walked through several times asking for another piece. It’s some pretty good stuff. It makes a delicious treat for a potluck, any type of party, or for a dessert at home. You may want to keep it all to yourself. The cream cheese coffee cake tastes amazing warmed up, as well.
Cream Cheese Coffee Cake With Glazed Icing
Cream cheese coffee cake with glazed icing.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 stick butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 - 8 oz. packages of cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp. butter (cold)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Spray a 9" x 13" cake pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs, and sour cream. Mix until combined well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and blend well.
- Add half of the mixture to the cake pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the cream cheese, vanilla, sugar, and egg. Mix until blended.
- Add spoonfuls of the mixture on top of the cake batter.
- Spread the remaining cake batter on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Take a knife and marble it through the mixture.
- Mix the butter, sugar, and flour together with a fork, until it is in small crumbles.
- Place it on top of the cake and cream cheese.
- Cook for approximately 45-minutes, or until knife comes out clean.
- Mix the powdered sugar and the milk until you get a creamy glaze. You can add as much powdered sugar or milk as needed. It should reach a semi-runny consistency.
- Pour over the cake after it has cooled.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 412Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 322mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 7g
Nutrition is approximate.