Reese’s Pieces add a wonderful peanut butter flavor to cookies.
The cookie recipe is super easy to make, is decadent, and quite addictive. And, they turn out chewy on the inside and a tad crunchy on the inside for the perfect cookie.
Sweet Halloween Cookies
It’s always fun to add candy to cookies and these are great Halloween colors.
The chewy cookies are perfect for any party and are packed full of flavor. They are so good, in fact, you will have a hard time putting them down.
DISCLAIMER: This post is sponsored by Dixie Crystals for #HalloweenTreatsWeek. As always, the opinions are honest and are all my own.
I have to admit, I was quite a little piggy with these cookies. I honestly could not stop eating them because they were so good.
The combination of chocolate, peanut butter, and sugar cookies was pretty amazing.
And, the best part? They are super easy to make.
What Ingredients Are Needed For The Cookies?
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Softened butter
- Dixie Crystals sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Reese’s Pieces Candies
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How To Make Halloween Cookies
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to a bowl and whisk. Set it aside.
- Place the softened butter into a large mixing bowl and cream with a hand mixer.
- Next, pour the sugar into the bowl and mix.
- Add the brown sugar and mix well.
- Pour the vanilla extract into the bowl and add the egg. Mix the ingredients.
- Add the flour mixture to the dough and mix well.
- Finally, add the Reese’s Pieces and mix with a spatula.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Scoop the cookie dough into dough balls, about 1-inch thick, and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies at 375-degrees for about 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet and then place them on a wire rack to cool.
Grab a bowl and add the flour, baking soda, and salt, and whisk. Set the bowl aside for a few minutes.
Add the softened butter to the bowl. Pour the sugar into the bowl and cream the two ingredients with a hand mixer.
If you have a stand mixer, that will work, as well.
If you didn’t leave your butter out to soften, that is fine. Just mix it a little longer. I forget all the time and mix it a little longer.
For this recipe, I used Dixie Crystals sugar. It’s delicious and you can find it in most grocery stores.
Next, add the packed brown sugar to the bowl and mix.
I always like cookies that have a combination of granulated white sugar and brown sugar. It gives them a rich taste.
Pour the vanilla extract into the bowl with an egg and mix the ingredients together.
Now, add the flour mixture to the bowl and mix well.
Finally, add the Reese’s Pieces to the bowl and mix with a spatula.
If you want to add a few candies to the top of the cookies before they bake, save a handful for that step. But, it’s optional.
You can use a hand mixer, but it will beat up the candy a little bit if you do. I always use a spatula for this last step so the candy stays intact (not that I won’t eat it either way-ha!).
Place the cookie dough into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
The refrigerator step is optional, but it will keep your cookies from spreading too much while baking.
After 30 minutes in the refrigerator, scoop the cookie dough into about one-inch dough balls and place them on a cookie sheet.
I will add a few candies to the top to make them look a little prettier, but that is totally optional.
Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until they are golden brown on the outside.
Once you take them out of the oven, let them rest on the cookie sheet for about five minutes. Once they rest, you can use a spatula and move them to a wire rack to cool.
- 2-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 9 ounces Reese's Pieces
- Start by adding the flour, baking soda, and salt to a bowl and whisk and then set it aside.
- Add the softened butter and white sugar to a large mixing bowl and cream the two ingredients together with a hand mixer.
- Next, add the brown sugar, vanilla extract, and egg, and mix well.
- Pour the flour mixture into bowl and mix well.
- Finally, add the Reese's Pieces and mix them in with a spatula.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375-degrees.
- Scoop the cookie dough into one-inch balls and place on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Let the cookies rest on a cookie sheet for about five minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
TIP: I keep a handful of candies out and press them into the top of the cookies before I cook them to make them look a little prettier, but that is totally optional.
I used a metal cookie sheet to bake the cookies and did not need to use any non-stick spray.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g
Nutrition is approximate.
Welcome!!! It is almost Halloween which means it is time for this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipe and giveaway event!!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 4th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 28 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week!
Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
41 Pieces Silicone Bakeware Set
3 Piece Halloween Silicone Spatula Set
Nordic Ware Haunted Skull Cakelet Pana Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsor to winner, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 11th – October 15th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 1 (ONE) prize pack and therefore we will have a total of 1 (ONE) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.