Chocolate fudge cookies are chewy on the inside, filled with plenty of chocolate for your sweet tooth, and easy to make.
Chocolate lovers will want plenty of these cookies and they will fulfill all your chocolate cravings.
A Decadent Chocolate Cookie
This might just become your favorite cookie with all of the sweet chocolate flavors.
A fudgy cookie is always a good thing, and this recipe features simple ingredients that you most likely already have in your pantry.
And the outcome is amazing delicious results.
What Ingredients Do I Need For The Double Chocolate Cookies?
Full recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
- Unsweetened cocoa
- Brown sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Chocolate chips
- Melted butter
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
How Do I Make The Chocolate Fudge Cookies?
- Add the melted butter, oil, unsweetened cocoa, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract to a large bowl, and mix well.
- Next, add the eggs and mix.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix until combined.
- Finally, add the chocolate chips, mix, and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Scoop the dough onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to the cooling rack.
Start by melting the butter in the microwave (in a microwave-safe bowl), and add to a large mixing bowl.
Next, pour the oil into the bowl.
Unsweetened cocoa powder is next.
Add the white sugar to the bowl.
Next, add the brown sugar.
I used light brown sugar for this recipe, but if you like a deeper flavor, you can use dark brown sugar.
Pour the vanilla extract into the bowl and mix well with an electric mixer or stand mixer on medium speed.
Add the eggs to the bowl and mix.
Add the flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix until the ingredients are combined.
Finally, add the chocolate chips to the chocolate mixture and mix well.
Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
Refrigerating the dough will keep the cookies from spreading too fast while they are baking.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can add or switch out different ingredients. Here are a few ideas:
- White chocolate chips
- Chopped pecans
- Dried cranberries
- Dark chocolate chunks
- Peanut butter chips
Scoop the cookie dough balls onto a prepared baking sheet.
I scoop into little dough balls that are about one and a half inches. Set the cookie dough about two inches apart on the sheet.
I used a large cookie scoop to add them to the sheet. The recipe turned out 18 cookies.
For best results, I used parchment paper on top of the cookie sheet because it helps keep the cookies from sticking to the sheet.
Bake the cookies for 10 minutes at 350-degrees.
The cookies will have a gooey center after baking. If you go over the baking time, they won’t be quite as gooey (but still taste amazing).
Once the cookies bake, let them sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before moving over to a wire rack to cool.
How To Store The Double Chocolate Fudge Cookies
The cookies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container.
More Delicious Desserts
Double Chocolate Fudge Cookie Recipe
Check out the chewy chocolate fudge cookies recipe card below, grab the simple ingredients, and start creating! This is a simple recipe that you will love with rich chocolate flavor.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your dessert on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
We love to hear about how you tried a different ingredient, so let us know!
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet and cover with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter, vegetable oil, unsweetened cocoa, white sugar, brown sugar and mix well.
- Next, add the eggs and mix.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Scoop dough (about 1-1/2 to 2-inch balls) onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool a few minutes before moving over to a cooling rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 131mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g
Nutrition is approximate.