White chocolate macadamia nut cookies are such an easy recipe to make, and they turn out chewy, buttery, and delicious every time. The recipe turns out gourmet cookies that are the perfect treat for any party or gathering.
These might just be my favorite cookie now because they really do taste like a gourmet white chocolate chip cookie and I love them right out of the oven. Warm and perfect.
My mom loved white chocolate macadamia nut cookies and would never pass one up. As a teen, I didn’t want to get anywhere near a nut, so I passed most of the time.
Now, I love the sweet and salty taste combination and wouldn’t pass these up for anything.
The cookies have a chewy and butter center with a crispy edge and top that are out of this world. I shared the cookies with some friends the other night and they thought they tasted better than store-bought cookies.
I like thick cookies and these turned out nice and thick and they cooked up perfectly. You can see in the picture that the top cracked a little to reveal the soft center, which stayed soft for a couple of days.
What do I need to make the macadamia nut cookies?
- Large bowl
- Hand mixer
- White chocolate chips
- Macadamia nuts
- Softened butter
- Brown sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Cookie sheet
Ok, let’s get to the recipe. I have some tips down below that you can read about after checking out the steps to these cookies.
How do I make white chocolate macadamia nut cookies?
- Add the butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs and mix everything together.
- Next, add the all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder and mix until the dough is well blended.
- Finally, add the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts and mix into the dough.
- Scoop onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown on the top and edges.
Recipe and printable instructions listed below
Start by adding the softened butter to the bowl.
Next, add the sugar to the bowl.
After you add the granulated sugar, you will add the brown sugar. This will give the cookies a bit of a deeper flavor. The molasses in the brown sugar gives them some depth.
Then you’re going to add the vanilla. I love adding vanilla to cookies because it adds so much flavor in my opinion.
Mix everything together with the hand mixer. If you have a Kitchenaid mixer, you can use that, too. Either one will work well.
The all-purpose flour, salt, and baking soda come next. Add those to the bowl and mix everything together again.
Once you’ve mixed the dough, add the white chocolate chips.
And then add the macadamia nuts to the bowl. Give everything one more stir. It’s ok to use the hand mixer here.
The mixer won’t break up the nuts or chocolate, and if it does, it’s only a little bit.
Finally, scoop the cookies out onto a cookie sheet. I like to use my stoneware pan because it seems to bake more evenly.
I used large scoops for this recipe with my large scooper and I spaced them out about two inches apart. Don’t be afraid to make a big cookie with these as they will spread and stay thick.
Baking the white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies
Bake them for about 10-13 minutes. The bake time will depend on your oven, as well as the type of cookie sheet that you use.
My stoneware pan will bake the cookies a little longer after I take them out of the oven because it holds in the heat. If you have a metal pan, the cookies might bake faster.
I let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes because if you try to take them off right away they will fall apart.
Leaving them on the cookie sheet will allow them to set up. I then move them over to a cookie rack to cool.
Tips for making white chocolate macadamia nut cookies:
- Use softened butter (but still a tad cool) as it will cream better with the other ingredients. If you didn’t set the butter out to soften, you can place it in the microwave for a few seconds at a very low setting until it becomes softer. But don’t walk away as the butter melts very fast.
- Find the best white chocolate chips that you can. For this recipe I used Ghirardelli.
- Don’t allow the cookies to bake too long. They should still be chewy in the center.
What nut is closest to macadamia?
The Brazil nut is close to a macadamia nut if you need to substitute them in this recipe.
What do macadamia nuts taste like?
Macadamia nuts have a bit of a buttery flavor to them. They are a rich nut.
How do I store the cookies?
I keep the cookies in an airtight container, such as a Tupperware container or a sealed container. You can use Ziploc bags, as well.
- 1-1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1-1/4 cups Ghirardelli white chocolate chips
- 8 oz. macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Add the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar to a large bowl.
- Next, add the vanilla and the eggs and mix everything together with a hand mixer.
- The flour, baking soda, and salt are the next items to add to the bowl. Mix until well blended.
- Finally, add the white chocolate chips and the macadamia nuts and mix together.
- Scoop onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10-13 minutes, or until edges and top are golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
KitchenAid 606354-KHM512HT Hot Sauce 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer
The Pampered Chef Large Round Stone with Handles on the Sides
Duralex 100009 Made In France Lys Stackable 9-Piece Bowl Set
Pampered Chef Mix N Scraper #1657
Hiware 18/8 Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop for Baking - Medium Size - Durable Cookie Dough Scooper - 1.5 tablespoon
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
Nutrition is approximate.