White chocolate chip cookies are such a wonderfully chewy, soft, and delicious treat year-round and you can whip them up and have them baking in no time.
The Best Homemade Cookies
The soft white chocolate chip cookies are chewy and have the sweetest chocolatey flavor.
The recipe is a very typical recipe that is similar to a chocolate chip cookie recipe, but with a little bit more vanilla extract and a tad more flour.
The result is a delicious cookie that is perfect for gift-giving, cookie exchange parties, or just eating at home.
These are especially good right out of the oven. We just couldn’t resist slipping a few warm cookies on our plate and standing there next to the oven eating them.
Oh, they were soooo good.
What Ingredients Do I Need For The Cookies?
- Baking soda
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Vanilla extract
- White chocolate chips
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How Do I Make the Cookie Recipe?
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to a bowl and whisk together.
- Next, add the softened butter to a large bowl and cream with a hand mixer.
- Add the brown and white sugars and cream.
- Pour the vanilla extract and eggs into the bowl and mix.
- Now, add the flour mixture to the bowl and mix well.
- Finally, add the white chocolate chips and mix.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375-degrees and scoop the cookie dough onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 9-11 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
How To Make The White Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Start by adding the flour, baking soda, and salt to a bowl, whisk together, and set aside.
Add the softened butter to a large bowl.
I say this all the time, but if you forgot to set your butter out to soften, it’s ok.
I have a setting on my microwave that will allow me to gently soften butter without melting it.
But, if you don’t have a microwave setting, you can mix it with the hand mixer for a minute more or so to get it creamy.
Add the brown and white sugar to the bowl and cream.
Pour the vanilla extract and eggs into the bowl and mix well.
Add the flour mixture and mix well.
Finally, add the white chocolate chips to the bowl and mix.
Refrigerate The Dough
I refrigerate the dough for at least an hour before baking the cookies because it keeps them from spreading too much while they bake.
If you don’t refrigerate them, they are most likely going to end up being a blob of a cookie and spreading too thin while they bake.
After refrigerating the dough, scoop it out onto a cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes at 375-degrees until the cookies are golden brown.
Can I freeze the cookie dough?
Yes, and I would suggest rolling the cookie dough into balls and placing them into a freezer-safe container, that way you can pull them straight out of the freezer and bake them.
Be sure to give them a few more minutes to bake if you are taking them straight from the freezer to the oven.
The cookies can be frozen for about two months. It’s great to be able to make them in advance, freeze them, and then pull them out around the holidays and bake them, so you’re not in a rush.
You can also bake the cookies first and then freeze them. You can freeze them for about one month.
Can I store the cookies on the counter?
Yes, you can store them on the counter, just make sure they are in a sealed container. The cookies should last for about three days unless you eat them all first!
And that is an easy thing to do!
White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Check out the easy white chocolate chip cookie recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start baking!
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your cookies on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to a bowl, whisk together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the softened butter and cream with a hand mixer.
- Next, add the white and brown sugars and cream.
- Pour the vanilla extract and eggs into the bowl and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour the white chocolate chips into the bowl and mix.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- After refrigerating the dough, preheat the oven to 375-degrees.
- Scoop the cookies onto a cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 154mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Nutrition is approximate.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest