White chocolate chip cookies are such a wonderfully chewy, soft, and delicious treat year-round.
With just a few basic ingredients you can have the best cookies prepped and baking in less than 15 minutes.
The cookies will hit the spot for those chocolate and white chocolate fans.
The Best Homemade Cookies
The soft white chocolate chip cookies are chewy and have the sweetest chocolatey flavor.
This is a favorite cookie recipe around our house and the kids ask for them often.
The recipe is a very typical recipe that is similar to a chocolate chip cookie recipe, but with a little bit more vanilla extract and a tad more flour.
The result is a delicious cookie that is perfect for gift-giving, cookie exchange parties, or just eating at home.
These are especially good right out of the oven. We just couldn’t resist slipping a few warm cookies on our plate and standing there next to the oven eating them.
Melted white chocolate chunks are delish.
Oh, they were soooo good.
What Ingredients Do I Need For The Cookies?
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- White chocolate chips
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How Do I Make the Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies?
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt into a bowl and whisk together.
- Next, add the softened butter to a large mixing bowl and cream with a hand mixer.
- Add the brown and white sugars and cream.
- Pour the vanilla extract and eggs into the bowl and mix.
- Now, add the flour mixture to the bowl and mix well.
- Finally, add the white chocolate chips and mix.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375-degrees and scoop the cookie dough onto the cookie baking sheet.
- Bake for about 9-11 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
How To Make The White Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Start by adding the flour, baking soda, and salt to a bowl, whisk together, and set aside.
Add the softened butter to a large bowl.
(You can also use a stand mixer for this recipe if you have one).
I say this all the time, but if you forgot to set your butter out to soften, it’s ok.
I have a setting on my microwave that will allow me to gently soften butter without melting it.
But, if you don’t have a microwave setting, you can mix it with the electric mixer for a minute or more, on medium speed, to get it creamy.
Add the brown and white sugar to the bowl and cream.
Pour the vanilla extract and eggs into the bowl and mix well.
Add the flour mixture and mix well.
Finally, add the white chocolate chips to the bowl and mix.
Refrigerate The Dough
I refrigerate the dough for at least an hour before baking the cookies because it keeps them from spreading too much while they bake.
If you don’t refrigerate them, they are most likely going to end up being a blob of a cookie and spreading too thin while they bake.
After refrigerating the dough, scoop it out onto a cookie sheet, with a cookie scoop, rolled into dough balls and bake for 9-11 minutes at 375-degrees until the cookies are golden brown.
Remove the baked cookies and allow them to cool (we have a hard time letting them cool because we want to eat them so badly).
If you don’t have a cookie scoop you can use a spoon to scoop out the dough.
You can also add a few white chocolate chips to the tops of the cookies for more chocolate flavor, and they look pretty.
TIP: You can also place the cookies on parchment paper while they bake if you’d like to keep your cookie sheet nice, but it’s not necessary.
Can I freeze the cookie dough?
Yes, and I would suggest rolling the cookie dough into balls and placing them into a freezer-safe container, that way you can pull them straight out of the freezer and bake them.
Be sure to give them a few more minutes to bake if you are taking them straight from the freezer to the oven.
The cookies can be frozen for about two months. It’s great to be able to make them in advance, freeze them, and then pull them out around the holidays and bake them, so you’re not in a rush.
You can also bake the cookies first and then freeze them. You can freeze them for about one month.
Can I store the cookies on the counter?
Yes, you can store them on the counter, just make sure they are in an airtight container. The cookies should last for about three days unless you eat them all first!
And that is an easy thing to do!
The Best White Chocolate Chip Cookies
More Delicious Cookies
- Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies – these are chewy cookies that are easy to make and taste amazing with the added real peanut butter.
- White chocolate macadamia nut cookies – rich and decadent cookies that are super simple to make.
- Easy double chocolate chip cookies – if you really love chocolate, these are the cookies for you. They are divine.
- Caramel chocolate chip cookies – the recipe is perfect for the holidays and cookie exchange parties.
- Kitchen sink cookies – this recipe calls for pecans, chocolate chips, pretzels, toffee, and more for the perfect treat.
- Shortbread cookies with pecans from Julia’s Simply Southern. The buttery cookies are a delicious treat.
White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Check out the easy white chocolate chip cookie recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start baking!
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your cookies on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to a bowl, whisk together, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the softened butter and cream with a hand mixer.
- Next, add the white and brown sugars and cream.
- Pour the vanilla extract and eggs into the bowl and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour the white chocolate chips into the bowl and mix.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- After refrigerating the dough, preheat the oven to 375-degrees.
- Scoop the cookies onto a cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Leave the cookies on the baking tray to cool or set them on a cooling rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 154mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Nutrition is approximate.