Cake mix cookie bars are a great recipe and one of the easiest desserts to make.
You only need four simple ingredients to make the perfect treat. And, you can bring them along to a party or whip them up in no time if you’re craving something sweet.
Plus, you can customize the bars easily with different flavored chips or cake mixes.
So, what are you waiting for?
The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
As I mentioned above, cake mix cookie bars are one of the easiest desserts to make, and the recipe only calls for four ingredients.
And, chances are, you already have the ingredients to make this rich and decadent chocolatey dessert.
If you love to make cookie bars, then I promise you will love these. And this is one of those recipes that you will keep making over and over again.
Only Four Ingredients
I love recipes that only call for a few ingredients, and this one tops the list.
This time I made the cake mix cookie bars and took them over to the kid’s tutoring center, and they loved them!
In fact, the recipe calls for four ingredients, to be exact, and what could be easier than that?
The best part is that this recipe was a cinch to make, and I already had the ingredients at the house.
What Do I Need to Make Delicious Cookie Bars?
- 1 Box of cake mix
- Vegetable oil
- Chocolate chips
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post.
How Do I Make the Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars?
- Add the eggs to a large bowl and beat them for a few seconds.
- Next, add the cake mix and the vegetable oil to the bowl and mix well. The batter will be thick.
- Finally, add the chocolate chips and mix.
- Spread the thick batter into a 9″ x 13″ baking dish and bake for about 25 minutes.
Start by adding the eggs to a large bowl. Beat the eggs for about 30 seconds.
Secondly, add the cake mix to the bowl.
For this recipe, I used devil’s food cake mix, but you can use your favorite mix.
Thirdly, pour the vegetable oil into the bowl.
Fourthly, mix all of the ingredients together until they are well blended.
The mixture is going to be very thick, and you’ll need to make sure all of the cake mix lumps are mixed in well.
I used a whisk to beat the eggs and a fork to mix the rest of the ingredients. You can also use a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
Finally, add the chocolate chips to the bowl and combine.
I tend to be a bit of a piggy when it comes to chocolate chips. So, if you want a few add a few. If you want lots of chocolate chips, add them.
You can also add white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or just about any type of chips that you like, and that’s what makes this a fun recipe because it’s so interchangeable.
Press the chocolate chip cookie bars to the edges of the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
If you don’t have a cake tester, a thin knife will work just as well.
For this recipe, I used a 9″ x 13″ size pan.
When I first made this recipe, I thought I could get away with a square baking pan and didn’t think that I would need a 9″ x 13″ dish, but they will rise quite a bit while cooking, so don’t go any smaller than this size.
TIP: I used nonstick cooking spray in the pan, but you can also use parchment paper to help lift the bars out when they cool.
Let the bars cool to room temperature for at least half an hour, and then slice them.
The tops of the chocolate chip cookie bars are crunchy, and the insides are chewy and chocolatey and so delicious.
More Delicious Dessert Recipes
- Banana brownies – these might be the best thing since regular brownies. They include the perfect balance of banana and chocolate flavors.
- Homemade frosted brownies – the brownies are extra chewy, extra chocolatey, and extra easy recipe.
- Chocolate peanut butter rice crispy treats – The recipe takes old fashioned rice crispy treats to a new level. The delicious recipe is mixed with two of your favorites, chocolate and peanut butter. And the best part? No baking time.
- Chewy sugar cookies – the recipe doesn’t have to be refrigerated like most sugar cookies!
- Oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars from Tastes Better From Scratch – there’s nothing that beats bar cookies and this is a fantastic recipe you’ll want to save.
Things I Love About The Recipe
- It’s such a simple recipe to make and you only need a few basic ingredients.
- This is the perfect dessert recipe to take to a potluck, office party, or to share with friends.
- The chewy bars are budget-friendly and you end up with a lot to share.
- You can wrap up the individual cookies to put in the kid’s lunch boxes or keep in the freezer and pull out one-at-a-time.
- It can be a special dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
How To Store The Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
You can store the bars in an airtight container on the counter or in the refrigerator.
Check out the chocolate cake mix cookie bars recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start baking! This is a great dessert.
Then, share your comments below and click here to share a picture of your cookie bars on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share with us so we can try it, too!
- 1 - 15.25 oz. box Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees and grease a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Add the eggs to a large bowl and beat.
- Next, add the cake mix and the vegetable oil and mix. The batter will be thick.
- Finally, add the chocolate chips and mix.
- Transfer dough into the prepared baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 70Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Nutrition is approximate.