M&M cookie bars are a wonderfully decadent dessert that you can make in less than an hour, including baking time!
The bars are perfect for gift-giving, in fact, after we tried a couple (of course) I took them to some friends to share–and they are always a welcome treat!
A Variety of Colors
You’ve seen the fabulous colors that M&M’s come in, including pink, red and green for Christmas, or you can even switch them out with peanut butter M&M’s for a different flavor. The possibilities are endless.
How Do I Make the M&M Cookie Recipe?
The M&M cookie recipe is almost a one-bowl recipe.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Next, cream the butter.
- Add the sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Pour the flour mixture in and mix well.
- Finally, add the M&M’s candy, mix and pour into a baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool and enjoy.
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make M&M Cookies?
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
How To Make M&M Cookie Bars
Start by adding the flour to a medium-sized bowl.
Next, add the baking soda and salt to the bowl. Whisk the three ingredients together and set the bowl to the side.
In a large bowl, add the softened butter.
I am terrible about remembering to set the butter out to soften, so I usually put it in the microwave for a few seconds or use the “soften” mode.
If you don’t use either of those choices, you can just mix the butter with the hand mixer until it is creamy.
Next, add the granulated sugar to the bowl with the butter.
Add the brown sugar to the bowl.
The eggs and the vanilla extract are next. Mix the ingredients until creamy and well blended.
Pour the flour mixture into the bowl and mix well.
Pour 1-1/2 cups of the M&M candies into the bowl and mix well.
Finally, spread the cookie dough into a greased 9″ x 13″ dish. Top with the remainder of the candies.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Let the cookie bars cool for at least 30 minutes.
Other cookie bars recipe you’ll love
- This cookie bars recipe is a special treat that tastes like a sugar cookie and it’s topped with frosting.
- Pecan pie cheesecake bars are the perfect treat for the holidays and they are easy to make.
- Chocolate chip cookie bars are a similar recipe with added toffee pieces.
- Cake mix cookie bars are one of the easiest dessert recipes out there–and they taste delish!
Check out the M&M cookie bar recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start baking! This is a delicious treat that everyone will love.
Then, share your comments below and click here to share a picture of your cookie bars on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 2-1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 sticks of butter, softened (1 cup)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of M&M's. (Reserve 1/2 cup for the top)
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees. Grease a 9" x 13" casserole dish.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to a medium-sized bowl. Whisk the ingredients together and set the bowl to the side.
- In a large bowl, add the softened butter and cream.
- Next, add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs to the bowl. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the bowl and mix all of the ingredients together.
- Pour 1-1/2 cups of M&M's into the bowl and mix well.
- Add the cookie dough to the casserole dish, spread out, top with the remaining M&M's, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean.
- Let the cookies cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 152mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g
Nutrition is approximate.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest