When you’re craving a juicy burger, the best way to make it at home is in your air fryer.
Yes, you read that right! Your air fryer can help you make juicy hamburgers that cook up perfectly.
These delicious easy, and quick air fryer juicy hamburgers are as simple as can be, and they’ll keep you from sweating it out over a grill or heating up the kitchen with the stove.
You’ve got to try them today!
The Perfect Way To Make Burgers
Why You Need to Make Air Fryer Hamburger Patties
You’re looking at the easy way to make the best hamburgers with minimal effort. If you’re looking for a good burger, you’re going to get it through this easy meal for any day of the week.
I have to confess that burgers are one of my all-time favorite things to eat. I usually make them once a week.
The burgers cook so fast and come out so juicy and delicious, and that’s one of the main reasons I love this recipe so much.
But as the temperatures outside climb, I can’t endure standing outside in front of the grill. I’m the one who feels like I’m being charbroiled out there!
My husband helps too, but it makes no sense for us to stand out there in the miserable heat.
Especially when we can let the air fryer do all the work and get the tastiest homemade hamburger on the planet.
Plus, making burgers in the air fryer truly turns out to be some of the juiciest burgers you’ve ever had.
Serve them with French fries, onion rings, potato salad, coleslaw, baked beans, and a refreshing fruit salad for a perfect summertime meal without breaking a sweat!
Benefits of Using an Air Fryer
There are a few benefits to using an air fryer. When you air fry, you’re reducing the amount of oil you’re using, which makes the burgers a little more healthy than frying.
When the hot air circulates around the burgers, they cook more evenly.
Air fryers also don’t heat up the kitchen (which is great in the summer) or take as long to cook. You can get dinner on the table faster and still have a great meal.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Ground beef
- Onion soup seasoning
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How to Make Juicy Air Fryer Hamburgers
Let me just stress again that these are so easy to make. I seasoned fresh ground beef patties with a packet of onion soup seasoning and put them into the air fryer.
- Add the ground beef to a large bowl. Sprinkle the packet of onion soup mix on the meat, and mix it all up.
- Patty the burgers and place them in the air fryer.
- Flip the burgers halfway through the cooking process.
- Add some cheese and cook one more minute.
This also works with ground turkey if you’d prefer to lighten things up.
Condiments And Optional Ingredients
- Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack, pepper jack, gouda, or Havarti cheese slices. (You can even make a stuffed cheeseburger by shoving the cheese into the center of the hamburger patties).
- Hamburger buns or brioche buns
- BBQ sauce
- Or any of your favorite toppings!
I like to put everything out so my husband and kids can top their burgers the way they like.
If you somehow are left with any remaining juicy burgers, pop them into an airtight container for lunch tomorrow. You won’t regret it!
How Long Do You Cook Hamburgers In the Air Fryer?
If your hamburgers are about 1/2-inch thick, you will cook them for approximately 12 minutes, flipping at the six minute mark. Cook them on 375 degrees.
They will need to reach 140 degrees internally before they are done. If you like them more well done, you can cook them a few minutes longer.
Serving Suggestions and Side Dishes to Complement Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Oven baked potato wedges
- Potato salad
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Coleslaw
- Pan fried potatoes and onions
- Homemade creamed corn recipe
- Twice-baked potatoes
- Roasted red potatoes
- Baked beans from Insanely Good Recipes
Easy and Quick Air Fryer Juicy Hamburger Recipe
The best part of this easy, quick air fryer juicy hamburger recipe is that you get the perfect homemade burgers in no time at all.
This is honestly my favorite way to make a juicy and tender burger that comes out spectacular every time.
Look below for my recipe card that shows you exactly how to make the perfect burger in your air fryer!
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 ounce packet of Lipton onion soup and dip mix
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees.
- Add the ground beef to a large bowl and sprinkle in the onion soup mix. Mix the two ingredients.
- Create four hamburger patties, about 1/2 inch thick, and add them to the preheated air fryer basket in a single layer. (Be careful, it's hot).
- Cook the burgers at 375 degrees for about 12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once the burgers reach 140 or above, they are done cooking. If you like them more well done, cook for two to three more minutes.
- You can add a slice of cheese and cook one more minute.
- Add your favorite burger toppings and serve.
Burgers are cooked at an internal temperature of 140 for medium, 150 for medium-well, and 160 for well-done. I use a digital meat thermometer to check the temperature.
You can cut this recipe in half if you don't want four large patties.
The size of your air fryer will dictate how many patties you can fit in the basket. Mine only fits two to three.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 660Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 205mgSodium: 862mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 62g
Nutrition is approximate.
Hi there! I’m Julie Pollitt from ‘Back To My Southern Roots.’ My love for cooking started way back on my grandparents’ farm in Tennessee. Those sunny days, the smell of biscuits in the oven, and all the family fun really sparked my passion for cooking. On my blog, I share more than just recipes – they’re like stories from my life, full of Southern warmth and homey goodness. The best part? Whether you’re just starting out or you’re a kitchen pro, you’ll find my recipes super easy to whip up. So, come on, pull up a chair, and let’s make some delicious memories!