Oven Roasted Red Potatoes
When I made this recipe the other night, everyone gobbled them up. They have tons of flavor, and I can’t reiterate just how easy they are to make.
After we finished these off, my youngest wanted to make some more the next evening.
The great thing about these potatoes is that they pretty much go with any meal, and you know what? We eat them as a meal sometimes because they are just that good!
Crispy Roasted Red Potatoes
Roasting the potatoes in the oven is such a great way to get crispy results. They are tender and flavorful on the inside and nice and crunchy on the outside.
Another great thing about this recipe is that you can use all different types of seasoning, depending on your tastes. The potatoes taste great with garlic, Italian seasoning, parsley, lemon, chili powder, or just about anything you love.
Red potatoes are a very comforting dish and they are much healthier cooked in the oven rather than in a fryer.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Roasted Red Skin Potatoes?
- Red new potatoes
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt
- Grated parmesan cheese
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How Do I Make The Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe?
- Rinse the potatoes off, pat dry, and slice them into quarters.
- Add the potatoes to a large bowl and pour the olive oil over the top.
- Next, add the garlic salt, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese, and toss until all of the potatoes are covered.
- Spread the potatoes out on the pan and bake for 45 minutes to one hour or until the potatoes are toasty brown. Flip the potatoes with a spatula halfway through the cooking process.
How To Roast Red Potatoes
Start by washing off the potatoes and patting them dry. Leave the skin on and slice the potatoes into quarters.
I tried to dice the potatoes close to the same size so that they will all cook evenly and you won’t have any potatoes that are still needing to cook when the others are done.
The nice thing about the red potatoes is that they have nice thin skin on them.
Drizzle the olive oil over the potatoes.
It’s tempting to add a lot of oil to the potatoes, but you don’t need a lot for this recipe.
It is really just there for flavor and to help the spices stick to the potatoes.
Next, add the salt, pepper, parmesan cheese, and garlic salt to the bowl and toss until the potatoes are covered.
At this point, you can add more or different spices if you’d like.
Grease a 9″ x 13″ baking sheet and spread the potatoes out and bake them for about 45 minutes to one hour.
I took a spatula and flipped the potatoes over halfway through the baking process to try and get both sides crispy.
And, brace yourself, because it’s so tempting to eat them up while they cook. They are so yummy!
Dishes That Go Well With Red Potatoes
- Baked chicken and ranch dinner is another easy recipe that works perfectly on those days when you don’t have a lot of time to be in the kitchen.
- Panko chicken has a lot of flavors and tastes great with a side of roasted red potatoes.
- For barbecue night, add the potatoes to a plate with slow cooker BBQ beef.
- Pork chops in the air fryer cook up fast and go great with the side dish.
- Baked pork chops and gravy is another flavor-filled dish that only takes a few minutes to prepare.
Roasted red potato recipe
Check out the roasted red potato recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start cooking! This is a great addition to any meal.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your potatoes on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 3 lbs. red new potatoes
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Grease a 9" x 13" baking sheet and preheat the oven to 400-degrees.
- Wash the potatoes with water and pat them dry. Slice the potatoes into quarters.
- Add the potatoes to a large bowl and pour the olive oil over the potatoes.
- Next, add the salt, pepper, garlic salt, and grated parmesan cheese. Toss the potatoes until everything is covered.
- Spread the potatoes out on the baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes to one hour. Flip the potatoes halfway through.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 580mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Nutrition is approximate.