The red cranberries add a feeling of festiveness to the holidays. They are a colorful addition to any holiday table.
Sweet Cranberries In Every Bite
I love chocolate chip cookies and this cookie combines a favorite with sweet dried cranberries, and they are bursting with flavor.
I talk about cookie exchanges all the time because they are so much fun to attend around the holidays.
These cookies are perfect for the cookie exchange, and everyone will love them.
For this recipe, you can use chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or chocolate chunks.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Cranberry Cookies?
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Sweetened dried cranberries
- Chocolate chunk chips, white, or chocolate chips
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How Do I Make Chocolate Chip Cookies With Cranberry?
- Add the softened butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs to a large bowl and mix well.
- Next, add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until blended.
- Finally, add the chocolate chunks and cranberries and mix.
- Refrigerate for about 45 minutes.
- Scoop onto a cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes.
Start by adding the softened butter to a large bowl.
Next, add the granulated and brown sugar to the bowl.
Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix everything together.
Pour the flour, baking soda, and salt into the bowl and mix well.
Add the cranberries and chocolate chunks to the bowl.
I bought some Belgian semi-sweet chocolate chunks from Aldi’s. They have delicious chocolate and it’s not pricey. It gave the cookies a little bit of a different texture.
I bought the cranberries at Publix, and I got the dried and sweet cranberries from Fresh Gourmet.
They are actually a salad topping, also.
I added four ounces to the cookies, but you can always double that if you’d like to.
Mix the ingredients.
Roll the cookies onto a cookie sheet and set about two inches apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
More delicious dessert recipes:
- Peanut butter kiss cookies are a fun dessert recipe at any time of the year.
- Brownie mix cookies are rich and decadent and super easy to make.
- Texas cowboy cookies are filled with ingredients that everyone will love.
- Chocolate chip banana cookies are so filled with flavor and use banana instead of eggs.
- Snickerdoodle cookies are always a favorite around the holidays or any time of year.
- Chewy sugar cookies are a favorite and they don’t have to be refrigerated like a typical sugar cookie.
Cranberry chocolate chip cookies
Check out the cranberry chocolate chip cookies recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start baking! This is a great cookie any time of the year and I think you’ll love them.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your cookies on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 oz. dried sweetened cranberries
- 10 oz. chocolate chunk chips (or chocolate chips)
Oven temperature 375-degrees.
- Add the butter, brown and white sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix well.
- Next, add the flour, baking soda, and salt, and mix.
- Add the cranberries and chocolate chunks and mix.
- Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
- Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet about two inches apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 173mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g
Nutrition is approximate.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest