On busy weeknights, turn to your casserole dish to get a delicious dinner on the table. This cheesy chicken broccoli rice casserole is an easy recipe you’ll rely on again and again for a satisfying and comforting meal.
An Easy Cheesy Casserole
It’s a complete meal that is comforting and nutritious.
The tender chicken, rice, and broccoli come together beautifully in this creamy, cheesy sauce that you’ll want to sop up with biscuits or warm buttered bread to get every last drop.
A Delicious Dinner Recipe That Is Pure Comfort Food
This cheesy chicken broccoli casserole is an easy dinner that never fails. With simple ingredients and just a few steps, it always comes out perfectly.
Everyone needs a reliable, easy chicken recipe they can count on any night of the week.
What I’ve found with this broccoli chicken casserole is that it’s equally adored by my family and any guests that drop in.
Ingredients For Easy Chicken Rice And Broccoli Casserole
- Cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- Instant white rice, cooked
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Frozen broccoli
- Cream of condensed chicken soup
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chicken or beef broth
Full printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How to Make My Broccoli Cheese Chicken Casserole
I’m telling you, this is the ultimate comfort food recipe. When broccoli and cheese unite, it suddenly compels people who normally say they don’t like broccoli to eat every last bite. Funny how that works.
- Cook and shred the chicken.
- Cook the instant rice.
- Add the chicken, rice, salt and pepper, frozen broccoli, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, mayo, and cheese to a large mixing bowl and mix well to combine.
- Spread into a greased 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove the foil and bake another 15 minutes.
Start by adding the condensed cream of chicken soup to a large bowl.
Next, add the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, and black pepper to the bowl and mix.
Add the instant rice to the bowl.
I cooked the rice in the microwave and then added it to the dish.
Next, add the frozen broccoli and shredded chicken to the bowl.
I cooked the chicken first and then shredded it. If you don’t have chicken breasts, you can use boneless chicken thighs instead. Or any leftover chicken – even some rotisserie chicken would work great in this casserole.
Don’t worry if you have fresh broccoli florets or frozen broccoli – either one is fine. It won’t matter since they will cook fine either way.
If you prefer brown rice, you can use it instead of white rice to make this a healthy chicken broccoli casserole. And if you only have a can of cream of mushroom soup, that works too!
Add the chicken and broccoli mixture to the casserole dish. Sprinkle the shredded cheese into the dish and mix well.
Pour the broth over the top of the food.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Then, remove the foil and bake another 15 minutes.
Once it bakes, it is ready to serve.
Make it ahead as a freezer meal, and you’ll always have something homemade and wonderful to enjoy for dinner!
More Delicious Recipes
- Easy Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Chicken and Rice Crock Pot Casserole
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Rice
- Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole
- Easy Beef Shop The Pantry Casserole from Southern Home Express
Optional Ingredients For Variety
You can always add some more or your favorite ingredients to this recipe to make it taste a little different and give dinner time some variety.
- Green beans
- Condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Condensed cream of cheese soup
- English peas
- Ground beef instead of chicken
- Ritz Crackers and melted butter on top
- Bread crumbs or Panko bread crumbs on top
Chicken Broccoli Casserole Recipe
This is a favorite meal around here because the whole family loves it.
Let it be your one of your new family favorites, too, and make it tonight.
These simple ingredients are probably in your kitchen right now, so if you have no idea what to cook for dinner, you can come out of it a winner!
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups of cooked instant white rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 14-ounces of frozen broccoli
- 10.5-ounces can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the soup, sour cream, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper to a large bowl and mix well.
- Next, add the rice, shredded chicken, and broccoli and stir to combine.
- Pour the ingredients into the prepared dish and sprinkle the cheese on top and mix well. (You can add the cheese to your bowl if you have room before this step).
- Press it into the casserole dish.
- Pour the chicken broth over the top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake another 15 minutes.
I cooked the rice before I measured it.
Store leftovers in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 620Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 1296mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 40g
Nutrition is approximate.
Hi there! I’m Julie Pollitt from ‘Back To My Southern Roots.’ My love for cooking started way back on my grandparents’ farm in Tennessee. Those sunny days, the smell of biscuits in the oven, and all the family fun really sparked my passion for cooking. On my blog, I share more than just recipes – they’re like stories from my life, full of Southern warmth and homey goodness. The best part? Whether you’re just starting out or you’re a kitchen pro, you’ll find my recipes super easy to whip up. So, come on, pull up a chair, and let’s make some delicious memories!