I love my Crock Pot. On days when I don’t have a lot of time to spare, I can pull it out, throw a few things in the slow cooker, and dish up supper when I get home.
I try to budget our meals, purchase a lot of chicken and meat, throw it in the freezer, and stock up for the month. However, I forget to take things out of the freezer for supper, and then I am faced with trying to figure out what to eat.
Having a Crock Pot has saved me more times than I can count. If you remember mid-morning that you didn’t set something out to thaw, just throw it in the crock pot, and you’ve got something to eat in just a few hours.
The other night, I had a PTA meeting to go to, and a block of frozen chicken breasts. I threw them in the Crock Pot, added a few items, and later that evening we had something delicious and filling to eat.
The Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken was a bit of an experiment, as well. I wanted to make something different, and decided to throw a few things together, and it all turned out great.
Scroll down to print out the recipe, and have a delicious meal for the entire family, with some leftovers.
You can make this meal for approximately $10
- 16 oz. bag uncooked pasta noodles
- 1 oz. dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 chicken breasts
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 4 Tbsp. softened butter
- Add chicken, chicken broth, and dry ranch dressing mix to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Use a fork to tear up the chicken.
- Cut up cream cheese into smaller pieces and add to the slow cooker.
- Add butter to the slow cooker.
- Stir until well mixed, and it thickens. (You may need to let it cook a few minutes longer to thicken the cream cheese mix).
- Cook as directed.
- Dish noodles onto a plate and add chicken on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 632Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 902mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 34g
Nutrition is approximate.
For more recipes check out Southern Home Express