This post may contain affiliate links
Years ago, I didn’t understand the pumpkin craze. I was fine passing by all the Fall pumpkin treats. But somehow, I got a taste of a pumpkin dessert, and fell in love with the flavor.
Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies include the best of both worlds–chocolate and pumpkin. The swirl of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and all of the Fall spices are a whirlwind of happiness in my mouth. Even the neighbor kid kept asking for more cookies.
This is an easy recipe. I throw everything into my Kitchenaid mixer, whip it up, and start scooping the cookies onto the cookie sheet. (I doubled the recipe and ended up with cookies galore).
Once the cookies were done, the house smelled amazing.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Add sugars, vegetable oil, egg, pumpkin, vanilla, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices into the mixer.
- Mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and mix with a spatula.
- Scoop onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for approx. 12-15 minutes.