Chocolate chip M&M cookies are some of the most delicious treats, especially around the holidays, and are very soft and chewy.
The Perfect Cookie
The cookies are filled with sweetness, chocolate, and plenty of yumminess. They are crunchy on the outside with a chewy chocolatey center.
The M&M cookies are the perfect recipe for cookie exchange parties, gifts for neighbors and friends, or for sharing with coworkers or potlucks.
But, the biggest task will be trying not to eat the warm cookies cooling on the rack after they come out of the oven. Oh, it’s tough.
The recipe is a cinch to make and you can even get the kids and grandkids involved in baking the fun dessert treat.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make The M&M Cookies?
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Softened butter
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate Chips
- M&M Candies
Printable recipe with measurements and instructions listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How To Make The M&M Cookie Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375-degrees.
- Start by adding the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a medium-sized bowl and mix. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the softened butter, sugar, and brown sugar, and mix until creamy.
- Next, add the egg and vanilla extract, and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the dough and mix until well blended.
- Finally, add the chocolate chips and M&M candies and fold or mix them into the batter.
- Scoop the cookies onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool.
How To Make M&M Cookies
Grab a medium-sized bowl and add the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk the ingredients together and set aside.
You’ll be adding this to the dough in a few steps.
Next, grab a large bowl and add the softened butter.
Add the brown and white sugar and cream together.
I am terrible at remembering to set out the butter, so you can either gently soften it in the microwave, or cream the butter with the hand mixer before adding the sugar.
But, don’t over soften the butter in the microwave. You still want the butter to be a little cool, otherwise, the cookies will spread out more as they bake.
Pour the vanilla extract into the dough.
Add the egg and mix all of the ingredients.
Now, add the flour and mix well.
Next, comes the chocolate chips.
And finally, the M&M candies.
Mix everything well with a spatula or a hand mixer.
I like to place my cookie dough in the refrigerator for about half an hour to firm it up a little before baking.
This will help the cookies from spreading too much while cooking. But, it’s not necessary, just a preference.
Roll the cookie dough out into 1-1/2-inch balls and set about two inches apart.
Add some M&M’S to the top of the cookies so when they spread they will be very colorful.
Bake the cookies at 375-degrees for about 10-12 minutes or until the edges and tops are lightly golden.
You might still see a bit of dough through the cracks in the cookies, and that’s perfect. It will help keep them chewy.
Can the M&M cookies be frozen?
Yes. Allow the cookies to completely cool after baking and place in an airtight container and freeze up to three months.
When you’re ready to eat them, set them on the counter and allow them to thaw before digging in.
More delicious holidays recipes
- Old fashioned peanut butter fudge – one of my most popular recipes
- Chocolate fudge – I could eat this all day long
- M&M cookie bars – Very similar to the cookies
- Sweetened condensed milk chocolate chip bars – need I say more?
- Brownie mix cookies – Super duper easy and delish.
- Christmas wreath cookies– loved these as a kid
Check out the soft and chewy M&M cookie recipe below, grab those ingredients, and start baking! This is a delicious treat that everyone will love.
Then, share your comments below and share a picture of your cookies on the Pinterest Pin! If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share it with us so we can try it, too!
Connect with Back To My Southern Roots
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M candies
- Preheat the oven to 375-degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the softened butter, sugar, and brown sugar and cream.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg and mix well.
- Next, add the flour mixture and mix well.
- Finally, add the chocolate chips and M&M candies and mix.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes (optional).
- Roll the cookies into 1-1/2-inch balls and place them on a cookie sheet about two inches apart. Add some extra candies to the top of the cookies.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
Nutrition is approximate.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest